5/25/2010, 11:28 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5220519

Interesting read. Go Big 8?

Collier11
5/25/2010, 11:33 PM
meh

Herr Scholz
5/25/2010, 11:47 PM
He's just mad UT and ND are getting all the pub as the most attractive schools. He wanted to make some noise. No question.

OU will be fine in any scenario though. I highly doubt Texas will want to leave either aggy or OU anyway. From what I hear, the Big XII will stand pat even if NU and Mizzou leave. The tv deal with the Pac 10 would be awesome. That's a very attractive mix of games Fox could show.

USC vs. OU/UT
Oregon vs. Tech
UT vs. Arizona
OU vs. Oregon. Hello.
Cal Berkley in aggieland? Really?

Eielson
5/25/2010, 11:53 PM
He's just mad UT and ND are getting all the pub as the most attractive schools. He wanted to make some noise. No question.

I thought this statement was dumb enough all by itself, but then I compared the opening sentence/main point of the article to one of your sentences.

"Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops believes the Sooners will end up in a good position no matter what happens with schools switching conferences."

OU will be fine in any scenario though.

I think you just want attention.

Herr Scholz
5/25/2010, 11:56 PM
No, it's just fact that UT and ND are the crown jewels of this realignment discussion. Turn on the tv.

ND has a nationwide audience and is a top notch school. The Big 10 has been drooling over them forever.

UT has the tv sets and the recruiting base. The Big 10, SEC and Pac 10 want us the most.

Soonerfan88
5/26/2010, 12:19 AM
Cal Berkley in aggieland? Really? :D

Now that would be a culture shock I'd love to see. :pop:

Harry Beanbag
5/26/2010, 12:21 AM
The Big 10, SEC and Pac 10 want us the most.

Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.

:)

Herr Scholz
5/26/2010, 12:55 AM
:D

Now that would be a culture shock I'd love to see. :pop:

http://static.open.salon.com/files/kevin_bacon_animal_house1233937456.jpg

Eielson
5/26/2010, 06:15 AM
No, it's just fact that UT and ND are the crown jewels of this realignment discussion. Turn on the tv.

Alright, but what's your point? That does nothing to prove that Stoops is mad about it. It looks to me like an interviewer asked him about realignment, and he basically stated that OU will be fine regardless of what happens...which is something you have also stated. This doesn't appear to be front page news, and if Stoops truly wanted it to be he could easily make it happen.

fwsooner22
5/26/2010, 07:03 AM
I am about to the puking point with this horn bs. Go to the SEC and play that schedule AND OU. The SEC will expect you to play a REAL non-con too not just us. DO YOU REMEMBER ARKANSAS. Please go to the SEC please, please. How great would that be ? That's as juicy as it could ever be. They could lose every week. They wouldn't I know but they have no clue how hated they are everywhere in the country.

Can you see those spoiled rotten fans rolling into Georgia or LSU or Florida and realizing they are absolutely HATED. Please let it happen.

goingoneight
5/26/2010, 07:56 AM
Once again, my fellow Sooner friend... this has nothing to do with how much they're liked or disliked, how good they'd do elsewhere or their OOC scheduling. In fact, they'd fit right in in the SEC with a paper tiger OOC schedule.
This is about a TV market all conferences would kill to have. Money is doing the talking here.

fwsooner22
5/26/2010, 10:01 AM
Once again, my fellow Sooner friend... this has nothing to do with how much they're liked or disliked, how good they'd do elsewhere or their OOC scheduling. In fact, they'd fit right in in the SEC with a paper tiger OOC schedule.
This is about a TV market all conferences would kill to have. Money is doing the talking here.

I live in DFW, am married to a longhorn, have family attending ** right now, and spend at least three weekends a year in Austin. I have some idea of the mindset. Probably not as good as you but please spare me your lecture.

The like or dislike of the horns nationally is my own juicy tidbit. Do you have those?

I know it is (for the most part) about TV. I live in a TV market. It's bigger than TV if you can look past a few things. It's conceiveable that they (UT Notre Dame, and others) may get themselves into a situation where they cannot get the results they have been getting (on the field). If it was all about TV they would already have been gone to the Pac 10 the first time around.

There are Texas politics at play here that are WAY bigger than TV. Thanks for enlightening me though.

Widescreen
5/26/2010, 10:09 AM
Yeah, Stoops is furious about this. LOL. Nice try.

USC vs. OU/UT
Oregon vs. Tech
UT vs. Arizona
OU vs. Oregon. Hello.
Cal Berkley in aggieland? Really?

You left off OU vs. Arizona. The Stoops bowl.

StoopTroup
5/26/2010, 10:13 AM
Texas is a Crown Jewel in the Kingdom of Rhinestone.

http://www.broadwaytovegas.com/liberace.jpg

oudavid1
5/26/2010, 10:36 AM

I really dont think he cares IMO. He gets paid to win.

47straight
5/26/2010, 10:42 AM
Give Herr a break. He's been listening to 104.9 and Geoff I'll-lie-about-a-18-year-old-recruit-to-sell-subscriptions-to-orangebloods.com Ketchum, and they've been trying to desperately to link Texas to Notre Dame's Big 10 moves. Like, ND would totally go to the Big 10 if Texas joined the Big 10.

soonervegas
5/26/2010, 10:57 AM
Crown jewel. I love it.

Stoops really needs to get back on the plus side of this rivarly. The chest thumping and circle jerking is out of control down there.

Soonermagik
5/26/2010, 10:58 AM
The OU & Texas marriage will stay together. At times, it may be a bitter marriage, but we need each other. The rivalry is too good to give up. Even if we went to different conferences we would still play one another every year. If that didn't happen, I think fans from both sides would be more than upset.

I think OU in the PAC-10 would be awesome. It would be easy to sell recruits to play at Oregon, LA, Arizona etc.. I really doubt it happens though.

I agree with Stoops we would be very attractive and won't be left out in the cold.

Texas_Longhorn
5/26/2010, 11:05 AM
Can you see those spoiled rotten fans rolling into Georgia or LSU or Florida and realizing they are absolutely HATED. Please let it happen. Please. The 10,000 + Longhorn fans that travel are well heeled and Texas gets great respect and admiration from the fans of teams we visit to play.

MeMyself&Me
5/26/2010, 11:09 AM
Please. The 10,000 + Longhorn fans that travel are well heeled and Texas gets great respect and admiration from the fans of teams we visit to play.

Hmmm, how much of that is due to the fact * rarely leaves the state of Texas?

Harry Beanbag
5/26/2010, 11:12 AM
Please. The 10,000 + Longhorn fans that travel are well heeled and Texas gets great respect and admiration from the fans of teams we visit to play.

Sorry everyone, there is no more koolaid left. This guy drank it all.

delhalew
5/26/2010, 11:14 AM
Wow, the Whorn self fellating lately is incredible.
Besides the schools, the city of Dallas is heavily invested in the rivalry. That game happens no matter what.
So, I would like to get the hell away from he whorns and have to deal with their bull**** one game a year as opposed to all year long.

StoopTroup
5/26/2010, 12:00 PM

I always knew texas had some good fans....10,000 of them sounds about right.

Soonermagik
5/26/2010, 12:03 PM

Ignorance is bliss. Go play a night game at LSU and see how much they "admire" you. ;)

fwsooner22
5/26/2010, 12:16 PM

Finally a laugh or two in the off-season. That was funny.

The SEC stadiums are sold out. Your heels won't get you in. ITs not Rice, NE Lousiana or North Texas. Good luck with your respect and admiration.

Frozen Sooner
5/26/2010, 12:24 PM

Funny. Every Alabama fan I've talked to (and since I attend 'Bama Law and live in Tuscaloosa, I talk to plenty) has nothing but nice things to say about OU fans, yet thinks that Texas fans were the most entitled pricks they'd ever met. Sort of how we feel about them, in fact.

Some of them go so far as to say that the 'Horn fans in Pasadena were worse than LSU fans.

MeMyself&Me
5/26/2010, 12:39 PM
Some of them go so far as to say that the 'Horn fans in Pasadena were worse than LSU fans.

OUCH!!! I was about to say that was below the belt but on second thought, I think * fans are too sheltered and delusional to understand anyway.

rawlingsHOH
5/26/2010, 12:58 PM

Yeah, at least twice every decade, when you leave the state to play.

JLEW1818
5/26/2010, 01:03 PM
:D

HBick
5/26/2010, 01:55 PM
If Texas were in the SEC, you think the pure hatred SEC schools have for one another wouldn't carry over? I think OU could handle it because everyone hates us :cool:

85sooners
5/26/2010, 02:14 PM
:texan:

sooner518
5/26/2010, 03:15 PM

you do realize that people from other states make fun of Texas due to their arrogance and general douchiness regarding anything about their state?

oh wait, you're from Texas, so of course you dont realize that.

oudavid1
5/26/2010, 03:38 PM
you do realize that people from other states make fun of Texas due to their arrogance and general douchiness regarding anything about their state?

oh wait, you're from Texas, so of course you dont realize that.

ohhhhhhh, and the ref takes a point away

Herr Scholz
5/26/2010, 03:47 PM
Texas won't be going to the SEC. Not a good fit for many reasons. We'll both have a nice tv package with the teams out West.

Herr Scholz
5/26/2010, 03:48 PM
This.

Jacie
5/26/2010, 04:19 PM
Hmmm, how much of that is due to the fact * rarely leaves the state of Texas?

Uh, to any of the sa*et guys here . . . this.

I am sure that somewhere in a schedule consisting of the Washingtons, Oregons, and Arizonas there are some wins for you, but I bet after a couple of seasons you'll miss playing Baylor, Tech, State and the hapless North Division teams once some of those Pac 10 teams start laying big L's on ya . . .

stoopified
5/29/2010, 01:53 PM
Now can you take any fan serious when they cheer an Orange Cow?