PDA

View Full Version : Biggest ******* in Oklahoma... not counting Leroy, of course.

GKeeper316
5/25/2010, 11:10 PM
http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-news-man-strands-elderly-in-homes-story,0,6684065.story

if there's a hell, I hope this dickhead enjoys it.

olevetonahill
5/25/2010, 11:20 PM
They have 2 years to redeem. Now any Lawyers here help me out on this ?

Dont a person having property that has limited or No access have a Right to access their Property ?

olevetonahill
5/25/2010, 11:21 PM
Sounds like this dude is a Prime time weasel
and Ya get a green from me for this one ;)

tommieharris91
5/25/2010, 11:34 PM
False imprisonment, maybe?

GKeeper316
5/25/2010, 11:37 PM
i was thinking kidnapping

Okla-homey
5/26/2010, 06:11 AM
They have 2 years to redeem. Now any Lawyers here help me out on this ?

Dont a person having property that has limited or No access have a Right to access their Property ?

Yes. It's called an "easement by neccessity." Generally, Okie landowners must allow unfettered and free access in and out over their land to landlocked landowners. The landowner may, however, charge a reasonable amount to reimburse him for construction and/or maintenance of the roadway used by the landlocked folks. I'm guessing that's what this is about.

stoopified
5/26/2010, 07:08 AM
Sounds like this dude is a Prime time weasel
and Ya get a green from me for this one ;)Actually I think he is a flying dickwheel.

Frozen Sooner
5/26/2010, 08:38 AM
Yes. It's called an "easement by neccessity." Generally, Okie landowners must allow unfettered and free access in and out over their land to landlocked landowners. The landowner may, however, charge a reasonable amount to reimburse him for construction and/or maintenance of the roadway used by the landlocked folks. I'm guessing that's what this is about.

The article wasn't particularly clear-did the builder own the yellow property when he sold the condos? If so, then yeah-easy easement by necessity problem.

AL oddly doesn't recognize EBN, but if you're landlocked you can condemn a 20' strip across a neighbor's property. Advantage is that unity of ownership isn't necessary and (like in OK) the neighbor is compensated for his property.

StoopTroup
5/26/2010, 10:21 AM
I say those old bastards need to pay except for the ones who are OU Season Ticket holders.

sooner59
5/26/2010, 12:32 PM
Maybe karma will take hold and he will just get hit by a truck or something.

GottaHavePride
5/26/2010, 01:11 PM
The guy's a greedy dooshbag. If he had asked for maybe $1,000 each they would have all said "Goddammit, arsehole" but realized it was cheaper than hiring a lawyer and just payed. $80,000 each brings up a legal battle he should lose quickly.

soonerboomer93
5/26/2010, 02:53 PM
The article wasn't particularly clear-did the builder own the yellow property when he sold the condos? If so, then yeah-easy easement by necessity problem.

AL oddly doesn't recognize EBN, but if you're landlocked you can condemn a 20' strip across a neighbor's property. Advantage is that unity of ownership isn't necessary and (like in OK) the neighbor is compensated for his property.

From the video, it sounded like the builder owned that property, but then never transfered it to the condo assocation. Build also never paid taxes on it after selling the condo's and the guy purchased said land. Basically sounds like somone ****ed up on the paperwork, notices about the taxes were still going to the builder (now defunct I think), and the condo owners had no idea about the tax issue. So he snapped up the property, thinking to bend them over. If he was attempting to make a reasonable profit and sell them the land then it wouldn't be any big deal, however this doesn't seem to be the case.

Seems like EBN to me.*

*I am not a lawyer, and did not sleep at a Holiday Inn last night.

stoopified
5/26/2010, 09:24 PM
From the video, it sounded like the builder owned that property, but then never transfered it to the condo assocation. Build also never paid taxes on it after selling the condo's and the guy purchased said land. Basically sounds like somone ****ed up on the paperwork, notices about the taxes were still going to the builder (now defunct I think), and the condo owners had no idea about the tax issue. So he snapped up the property, thinking to bend them over. If he was attempting to make a reasonable profit and sell them the land then it wouldn't be any big deal, however this doesn't seem to be the case.

Seems like EBN to me.*

*I am not a lawyer, and did not sleep at a Holiday Inn last night.If you WERE in the know,you would know that staying in a Holiday Inn EXPRESS is what provides knowhow and wherewithall. :)

TheHumanAlphabet
5/27/2010, 12:37 PM
I don't know about Oklahoma, but usually there is some clause in laws that one property owner cannot deny access to anothers property. Usually an easement is negotiated. By blocking garages, you are prevent access to property and can be helf liable.

Agreed as above, regardless, the dood is a dooshbag and needs to smoke several turd cigars in this life before smoking them in hell.

StoopTroup
5/27/2010, 12:46 PM
I would go an find a crane and a platform to drive on and figured out a way to lift those folks cars out to the street mechanically before ever paying that ****er a dime. I would also make sure there is a warning horn that goes off like a sonicboom directed at his house everytime the crane is operated.