PDA

View Full Version : Cool interview with Trey Metoyer

badger
5/24/2010, 10:29 AM
Link (http://newsok.com/ou-insider-receiver-trey-metoyer-sees-right-fit-at-ou/article/3463410)

I was looking at LSU. But they had the No. 1 receiver last year (Rueben Randle) and he only caught 11 balls the whole season. I don’t know if he was overrated, but 11 passes, I need that in one game.

Agree - get a receiver 11 balls in one game plz :D

goingoneight
5/24/2010, 11:15 AM
Without trying to make too much of it... Ryan Broyles gets the ball a LOT, and doesn't get it 11 times per game. We're talking about a guy who may be the best of the Stoops era at WR.

MojoRisen
5/24/2010, 12:43 PM
Broyles got 11 balls throw his way for sure many of times. He had 11 catches I believe a few times. I'll check the stats - for sure though if you are the number one touted reciever, and lord knows we went after Ruben hard - he should have had more than 11 catches.

Mad Dog Madsen
5/24/2010, 03:42 PM
10-11 cathches in a game is alot for anybody in any system. I'm sure Broyles caught 11 passes in one game at LEAST once last year. Also, Reuben Randle was just a true freshman last year. He only started 3 games. He should get alot more thrown his way this year. Who knows, maybe he'll be a bust! :D

BoulderSooner79
5/25/2010, 02:37 PM
I'm sure Metoyer was exaggerating, but I like the sentiment. I don't understand why we don't get our pick of all the receivers given our passing attack during the Stoops era (at least most years of it).

MojoRisen
5/25/2010, 09:55 PM
Julio Jones-HighSchool WR - Big Time Freshman
Randall - Highschool Option QB -still has to learn WR position

Metoyer - Getting Hyped in Texas, he is big and pretty fast if he can walk the walk and talk the talk- he should get 30 + catches if he plays significant minutes.

Broyles - Had 11 twice and 9, and 8 twice respectively for 1120 YDS last year.

boomersooner28
5/26/2010, 05:45 AM
I don't understand why we don't get our pick of all the receivers given our passing attack during the Stoops era (at least most years of it).

^^^This^^^^

Especially with the crop of QB talent we've had.

Mad Dog Madsen
5/26/2010, 10:16 AM
The TE position is also another spot I think we should be landing the top recruits.

oudavid1
5/26/2010, 10:33 AM
But you can never work too hard. You never know who out there is working harder than you. So my senior year, I’ve got to go all out.

Good attitude. Love this.

sooner518
5/27/2010, 07:41 AM
You seem to have that swagger. Is that something, as a receiver, you need to have?

"As a receiver, you have to have that swag. Ask any great receiver. The swag, you have to have. That’s me and that’s what I was taught. To go out there with an attitude, that no one can hold you. If you come out there all scared, you’ve lost already. Not to say I’m cocky. I’m not. But you get on the field, your mind has got to change.”

we can always use some more swagger. ;)

oudavid1
5/27/2010, 10:44 AM
we can always use some more swagger. ;)

Go CANES!

Sarcasm^^^^

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/1/2010, 12:04 PM
FWIW, the kid certainly recognizes talent:

Is there a receiver you look up to?

"In college, Percy Harvin. That dude, that was my boy. He could run, do it all. Also, Michael Crabtree. Going against him, you were going to have to come with you’re ‘A game.’ My NFL receiver, I’d probably have to go with DeSean Jackson.”

Mad Dog Madsen
6/2/2010, 04:27 PM
FWIW, the kid certainly recognizes talent:

Is there a receiver you look up to?

"In college, Percy Harvin. That dude, that was my boy. He could run, do it all. Also, Michael Crabtree. Going against him, you were going to have to come with you’re ‘A game.’ My NFL receiver, I’d probably have to go with DeSean Jackson.”

Yeah, those guys are real hard to recognize... :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/2/2010, 05:08 PM
Yeah, those guys are real hard to recognize... :Dhaha. I've heard lots of comments rating other WR's higher, but I agree with Metoyer's choices, wise guy.

Curly Bill
6/2/2010, 07:00 PM
In the new Rivals rankings this cat is the #3 rated receiver in the country.

FWIW

Mad Dog Madsen
6/3/2010, 08:23 AM
haha. I've heard lots of comments rating other WR's higher, but I agree with Metoyer's choices, wise guy.

Yeah, I was just messin' with ya. :D Not that stars mean anything but he is rated the #24 player in the country right now and has the potential to be a 5 star WR...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2602

Salt City Sooner
7/10/2010, 03:57 PM
If he keeps this up, I'd toss it to him 11 times a game:

http://admin.scout.com/media/image/82/825276.jpg