PDA

View Full Version : Yall wanta donate to leavingthezoo.s

olevetonahill
5/23/2010, 04:33 PM
Cousins fund Heres the Info or ya can paypal it to me and Ill make dayum sure they get it
Yer choice

Heres the Thread that BTK started
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141823

and here's the Info fer a direct mail donate that Leavingthezoo posted . if ya want it

leavingthezoo
my post count betrays me

l
Re: and I know we're all hurting right now....
Anthony, Jackie and DeJay are cousins of mine. So, BTK, I don't know who you are but thank you for posting their story! I know the family has really been through the ringer in recent months... first trying to get a diagnosis for Anthony only to learn the same diagnosis fit the younger boys as well. I wanted to put the donation information here. Please, if you can help at all, it would be so greatly appreciated. The loss of one child is more than any mother should bear... but three... well, here's hoping for a miracle!

You can make a donation to the Snider Medical Fund at the First National Bank in Elk City or Sayre, OK.

However, the easiest route might be sending a donation directly to

The Middleton Foundation
P.O. Box 598
Sayre, OK 73662

Both of these can be confirmed by reading the article.

For those of you who know me, I miss yapping at you people. I'm in school and school is hard! heh. Take care all... and any good vibes, prayers and thoughts you can send their way are so important!

olevetonahill
5/23/2010, 04:36 PM
I aint rich by any means but I do what i can for folks that are hurting
I was up against the wall just a few months ago and some of My Bros and sister came thru for me in a BIG dayum way. Now Im gonna pass it on
I start this with a 100 dollar pledge , Any one else wanta do 5 bucks 10 ?

If ya wanta just Paypal it to me make sure ya put it as a Gift and heres the Paypal info

[email protected]

Frozen Sooner
5/23/2010, 04:59 PM
Thanks for posting this, ov.

leavingthezoo
5/23/2010, 05:05 PM
thank you, olevet!

and just as an addition, prayers count an awful lot. so if you got 'em, these 3 boys could sure use 'em.

Here's a photo of the boys.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c139/fourfret/tehboys/middletonboys.jpg

olevetonahill
5/23/2010, 05:06 PM
thank you, olevet!

and just as an addition, prayers count an awful lot. so if you got 'em, these 3 boys could sure use 'em.

They got those also Hon ;) :cool:

olevetonahill
5/23/2010, 05:12 PM
I got 2 soft spots in My callused heart
Hurtin Kids and Injured Vets :O

Tailwind
5/23/2010, 07:01 PM
They got those also Hon ;) :cool:
Unfortunately, prayers and positive thoughts are all I can afford to offer right now. But you got those in spades.

olevetonahill
5/23/2010, 07:54 PM
Unfortunately, prayers and positive thoughts are all I can afford to offer right now. But you got those in spades.

Tail
Ya know what I was up against 5 months ago, The Folks who could help financially did so. The Vast majority could offer the Prayers
I choose to believe that Both helped me get that corner turned.

It dont look near as bleak now as it did back in Jan. :cool:

Pray fer these Kids Peeps , If ya can help the Family thats Great But I KNOW ya can Pray or send Pos thots

leavingthezoo
5/23/2010, 08:45 PM

((((tailwind))))

those prayers and positive thoughts mean everything! thank you!!

delhalew
5/23/2010, 11:57 PM
Certainly in with prayers, and there may be some moneys hiding in the couch.:)

leavingthezoo
5/24/2010, 10:56 AM
Certainly in with prayers, and there may be some moneys hiding in the couch.:)

thanks so much!

a quick update: the family is heading to north carolina early next month. hopes are that a bone marrow transplant for both the younger boys can help aid in their fight against this disease. i'm not sure how long they will be there, but it sounds as if it will be quite some time.

currently they are in dallas thanks to make a wish foundation. it's good to know they are making memories.

thanks again for prayers and donations. olevet and viking kitty, special thanks to you guys. you're good eggs. :)

Viking Kitten
5/24/2010, 11:45 AM
Here is one more way people can help children suffering these types of deadly diseases, and it costs absolutely nothing: Go to the Oklahoma Blood Institute and sign up for the National Bone Marrow Registry. It only takes about five minutes to get signed up.

http://www.obi.org/communityPartners/bethematch/

leavingthezoo
5/24/2010, 01:33 PM
Aw, great idea, VK!

I was sent a message asking if bone marrow could be donated to the boys while they are in Dallas. For clarification, this procedure is already set to take place in North Carolina where they will receive extensive followup care. However, there is no doubt there are multiple families in need of bone marrow donors and the value of that gift would be immeasurable.

btk108
5/27/2010, 01:49 AM
got an update tonight from the daughter......in the time that the story came out in the DOK...nearly 10K in donations recieved.....keep it up Soonerfans. Big or small it all adds up. What if everyone just gave a dollar?

leavingthezoo
6/2/2010, 11:50 PM
thanks for the update BTK. i know the family has gone to north carolina to begin treatment for DeJay and Jackie. is your daughter one of the women who started the middleton foundation?

StoopTroup
6/3/2010, 04:38 AM
VK...is absolutely right. I'm on the registry and if they came to me I would give marrow. I've been on the registry for some time and have never been matched but make damn sure if it was to save a kid I'd be there for them.

Prayers to all the children who suffer.

btk108
6/3/2010, 11:28 AM
thanks for the update BTK. i know the family has gone to north carolina to begin treatment for DeJay and Jackie. is your daughter one of the women who started the middleton foundation?

Yep, she's the one they interviewed in the article.

OUthunder
7/15/2010, 10:59 AM
There is no greater fear than the possibility of losing a child, especially a small child. My thoughts, prayers and an envelope will go out to the family this week.

soonerbrat
7/20/2010, 09:10 AM
I got 2 soft spots in My callused heart
Hurtin Kids and Injured Vets :O

oh, don't try to fool us...you have 3...you're a big softie when it comes to animals too.

leavingthezoo
7/21/2010, 11:28 PM
Thanks again everyone! Quick update.

Jackie has received the bone marrow transplant and appears to be responding well. He's growing new cells, regained his appetite and his mom is training for discharge care. Haven't received word on DeeJay- but will update as I learn more. As of yet, he has not had a bone marrow transplant-- I'm unsure if his immune system isn't up to par, or if it's simply a matter of spacing out the procedures between boys.

Please continue to keep Jackie, DeeJay and Anthony in your prayers, as well as Mike and Jennifer. The road is long but they are keeping their spirits up.

olevetonahill
7/22/2010, 12:27 AM
oh, don't try to fool us...you have 3...you're a big softie when it comes to animals too.

Busted,:O ;)

Thanks again everyone! Quick update.

Jackie has received the bone marrow transplant and appears to be responding well. He's growing new cells, regained his appetite and his mom is training for discharge care. Haven't received word on DeeJay- but will update as I learn more. As of yet, he has not had a bone marrow transplant-- I'm unsure if his immune system isn't up to par, or if it's simply a matter of spacing out the procedures between boys.

Please continue to keep Jackie, DeeJay and Anthony in your prayers, as well as Mike and Jennifer. The road is long but they are keeping their spirits up.

Fantastic news . Still praying every day for em .
Im praying also that their financial needs are being met .

Will send some more after the 1st

leavingthezoo
7/28/2010, 02:34 PM
thanks as always olevet!

jackie officially went home today. they are awaiting the home health nurse to check them off one more time on the IV pump situation.

next time i update, i'll try to give you news on all 3 boys. it's amazing how all this has come together for them. i can't thank you all enough for your support.