PDA

View Full Version : College Park, MD Regional Thread

bri
5/21/2010, 09:13 PM
Sooners run-ruled Syracuse today, 10-0 in five innings to gain a measure of revenge for the Elite 8 of 2003. Our girls will take on Fordham (who beat Maryland 2-1 in the nightcap to send the hosts to the loser's bracket) at 11 a.m. tomorrow morning. If the Sooners win that one, they'll advance to Sunday's final against whoever survives the loser's bracket. Free live audio coverage can be found on SoonerSports.com for all our games.

bri
5/21/2010, 09:43 PM
Meanwhile, in the Austin Regional, Big 12 regular season champ Texas has been eliminated with a 0-2 finish. Just kind of reinforces my belief that whereas everyone nationally just assumes that Texas would have beaten us had we played, I think Texas dodged a bullet.

bri
5/22/2010, 01:28 PM
Sooners beat Fordham 1-0 to advance to tomorrow's regional final. Whoever comes out of the loser's bracket will have to beat us twice in back-to-back games, so I'm liking our chances to advance to the super regional. Over in the Seattle Regional, 3 seed Washington and North Carolina are both 1-0 and will play this evening for a spot in the final. If UDub comes out of that region, then we'll play the super in Seattle. If anyone else wins, then we'll host the super in Norman. Because the NCAA can suck a bag of dicks.

Sooner95
5/22/2010, 06:18 PM
Maryland took out SYC..so they will face Fordham with the winner playing us..

Sooner95
5/23/2010, 03:15 PM
Sooner girls beat Fordham 2-0. On to Seattle!