PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant from Twitter...

Collier11
5/21/2010, 05:06 PM
Q: would you like to stay in OKC for your whole career?

KD: (yessir)

I know we have heard this before but it is nice that he is so confident in OKC and spending his career here

stoopified
5/21/2010, 06:49 PM
Q: would you like to stay in OKC for your whole career?

KD: (y

I know we have heard this before but it is nice that he is so confident in OKC and spending his career hereI like hearing that BUT I have heard that sort of thing before only to have things change.I could see KD jump if the right money and a chance for a title come along.

Collier11
5/21/2010, 06:53 PM
He has a chance for a title right here, as soon as next year if everything goes right and within the next 2-5 years for certain if we retain our nucleus.

Numbers are just numbers but ESPN has OKC #1 in their future rankings.

diegosooner
5/22/2010, 06:43 PM
I would say if a star wants to win a title, the best bet would be to go to orlando and play with Howard. Can you imagine howard and durant together? same with lebron.

lebron + howard = title.

Collier11
5/22/2010, 06:47 PM
Howard isnt as good as he is made out to be, very limited offensively but a beast on D.

the_ouskull
5/22/2010, 09:17 PM
I would say if a star wants to win a title, the best bet would be to go to orlando and play with Howard. Can you imagine howard and durant together? same with lebron.

lebron + howard = title.

Ignoring your bold choice to randomly capitalize proper nouns, I'd like to discuss the content of your post.

In case you hadn't noticed, Boston is up on Orlando 2-0, and is housing them in the 3rd game even as I type this. Howard isn't winning a title this year, or next year, or the year after that. LeBron, on the other hand, is winning a title this year.

Wait, Cleveland lost? I thought they'd ALREADY won the title. That's the way it was sounding at the beginning of the playoffs. Weird. So, if Cleveland's season is over, how come nobody is talking about LeBron's pending free agency?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/feature/index?page=LeBron-Tracker

Oh yeah. That.

LeBron + Howard = So, I'd slow down on the winning potential of a center who can't consistently score in the paint, and a forward who keeps being deferential to inferior teammates and who needs to spend less time choreographing dances and more time attacking the rim when his team needs a bucket instead of turning the ball over trying to dish it to Delonte freaking West. They're both great players, and physical specimens. But they are NOT winners. Not yet.

Durant and Howard? Yes, pretty sick.
Durant and LeBron? I mean, you know they play the same position, right?

ou + skull _ the

JLEW1818
5/22/2010, 09:52 PM
In the last 31 years only 3 organizations in the west have won the NBA championship. Rockets, lakers, spurs. Sonics won in 1979.

badger
5/23/2010, 11:14 AM
In the last 31 years only 3 organizations in the west have won the NBA championship. Rockets, lakers, spurs. Sonics won in 1979.

So much for all that western dominance, eh? :D

I like that Durant wants to stay in OKC. Other than having one huge minus against him, he has been a good role model for kids, a good person and a phenomenal athlete.

(anyone that needs to know the one huge minus against him should leave sf.com)

JLEW1818
5/23/2010, 11:38 AM
well the West has won 15 of the last 31 or so.

Collier11
5/23/2010, 11:49 AM
so half

JLEW1818
5/23/2010, 11:59 AM
the last 31 titles (including this year).

The Celtics and Lakers have won 45.2% of the last 31 NBA Titles.

Eielson
5/23/2010, 04:30 PM
So much for all that western dominance, eh? :D

The West has won 8 of the last 11.

Eielson
5/23/2010, 04:41 PM
Howard isnt as good as he is made out to be

How many posts can you name that are better than him?

JLEW1818
5/23/2010, 05:26 PM
I'd take Gasol and KG if its just for 1 season, over Howard.

Big Men don't dominate the NBA right now.

NormanPride
5/24/2010, 10:13 AM
the last 31 titles (including this year).

The Celtics and Lakers have won 45.2% of the last 31 NBA Titles.

Remember a few years back everyone was crying that they didn't want to see the Mavs or Spurs or Pistons in a championship? "Oh, that's tired and old, we want something new and fresh like Lakers and Celtics!"

****ing retarded NBA fans. You get what you ****ing deserve: a ****ty league with no parity and terrible play.

pilobolus
5/25/2010, 10:10 PM
There is a forum specifically for discussing the whorn Durant and his team.

This isn't it.

Collier11
5/25/2010, 11:18 PM
How many posts can you name that are better than him?

Didnt say there were a ton better than him but this also isnt a generation of great centers, I said he isnt as good as he is made out to be. He needs to develop a shot, he has been in the league for too long now to not have something other than a layup or dunk. The guy is so talented defensively that if he developed a shot he could be a top 2 or 3 guy in the league

Herr Scholz
5/25/2010, 11:27 PM
the whorn Durant
Yes, he's a natural fit in OKC. I'm sure he'll always be there.

http://www.chron.com/photos/2009/02/25/15461709/260xStory.jpg

Eielson
5/25/2010, 11:48 PM
Didnt say there were a ton better than him but this also isnt a generation of great centers, I said he isnt as good as he is made out to be. He needs to develop a shot, he has been in the league for too long now to not have something other than a layup or dunk. The guy is so talented defensively that if he developed a shot he could be a top 2 or 3 guy in the league

He's top 5 with or without a jump shot.

Collier11
5/25/2010, 11:52 PM
Dwight Howard is not currently a top 5 in the league guy, you cant be a top 5 guy when you are so limited offensively

Eielson
5/26/2010, 12:06 AM
Dwight Howard is not currently a top 5 in the league guy, you cant be a top 5 guy when you are so limited offensively

I would possibly agree with this if this limited offensive guy didn't average 20 points a game while shooting around 60%. Sure, he could be better, but I doubt you can find many people who dominate both sides of the court. What does your top 5 list look like?

Collier11
5/26/2010, 12:15 AM
Id go

Kobe 1 (this was Lebron but I cant keep him here until he does more in the playoffs

Bron 2

Wade 3

Durant 4

Nash 5

Eielson
5/26/2010, 06:05 AM
Nash 5

What happened to contributing on both sides of the court? I can assure you that Howard's offense is much better than Nash's defense.

NormanPride
5/26/2010, 09:24 AM
LeBron
Kobe
K-Dur (lol)
Wade
Carmelo
Nowitski
Gasol
Garnett
Howard

Collier11
5/26/2010, 01:03 PM
What happened to contributing on both sides of the court? I can assure you that Howard's offense is much better than Nash's defense.

I just think that Nash can control a game single handedly, therefore he is in my top 5 right now

C&CDean
5/26/2010, 04:20 PM
What? No Rajon Rondo love? Is anyone else sick of hearing all the sports guys sucking the fumunda out of this guy's jock?

The only reason I know this is we are in hay season and I've been spending my entire weekends and evening during the week in the John Deere and I listen to the radio. "Best point guard in the history of point guards.." Are you ****ing kidding me? His momma gave him a ****ed up name, and he's alright, but he ain't anywhere close to Nash, and if Westbrook gets a little better he'll be > Rondo too.

I can't even imagine you guys who listen to sports radio/TV all the time. A few days now and I'm wore slick.

Collier11
5/26/2010, 04:21 PM
Rondo is clutch in the playoffs, pretty damn good in the regular season

stoops the eternal pimp
5/26/2010, 04:24 PM
its playoffs and its a flavor of the week on who they are gonna talk about..after his game 4, people kinda went back to earth on him

Good PG in the RS, good to great pG in the playoffs

C&CDean
5/26/2010, 04:27 PM
Well momma just called and said it's raining like a bitch - so no haying tonight. Instead I'll be sitting on the porch drinking a little whiskey and watching the lightning. At least I won't have to listen to the same old **** ad nauseum about the NBA playoffs. Man I'm sick of that ****.

Collier11
5/26/2010, 04:30 PM
Sounds like a plan Dean, I might drink me a little whiskey as well...but I dont have any haying to do

Eielson
5/26/2010, 10:26 PM
I just think that Nash can control a game single handedly, therefore he is in my top 5 right now

So it's okay to be limited defensively, but not offensively? Howard isn't dominating on offense, but he's definitely not a liability the way that Nash is on defense. Nash isn't even the best point guard, so I'm not sure why he's even being discussed. Paul and Williams are both better. Paul is the only one I would consider putting above Howard.

Collier11
5/26/2010, 10:27 PM
Nash can single handedly control a game from the PG position, I dont think Howard can. Not yet

Collier11
5/26/2010, 10:31 PM
not to mention, in a close game down the wire if Dwight is facing a stronger defender he cant do much and he sure isnt going to make a clutch free throw

Eielson
5/26/2010, 11:08 PM
not to mention, in a close game down the wire if Dwight is facing a stronger defender he cant do much and he sure isnt going to make a clutch free throw

Is Nash going to make a clutch defensive stop? Is he going to get a big rebound? You see, in basketball you have a team. Everybody is supposed to play a role. Howard may not be the guy with the ball at the end of the game, but that isn't his role, and that doesn't stop him from being the best player. The last minute of the game is only a minute, which makes it 1/48 of the game. If you take care of business in the first 47 minutes, the last minute doesn't matter.

Nash can't really take over a game anyway. All he really does is set others up, and while that is important, he still has to rely on his teammates. If his teammates don't execute, Nash is basically worthless. Has Nash even been to the Finals before? If I remember correctly, the Mavs never made it to the finals until Nash left. Considering all the talent he's been around, and all the years he's been in the NBA, that doesn't look too good for him.

Collier11
5/26/2010, 11:11 PM
Nash controls a game, Dwight cant. Nash is a 2 time MVP, you are acting like he is Kevin Ollie. Dwight is a great player but he isnt top 10, he is Shaq without the offensive skill set. He cant dominate a game the way Shaq could

Eielson
5/26/2010, 11:58 PM
Nash controls a game, Dwight cant. Nash is a 2 time MVP, you are acting like he is Kevin Ollie. Dwight is a great player but he isnt top 10, he is Shaq without the offensive skill set. He cant dominate a game the way Shaq could

No, Nash doesn't control games, and no matter how many times you say it, it doesn't change. Top 5 players don't get sent to the scorer's table, and then be brought back because the backup is outplaying him. Can you imagine that happening to Wade, Lebron, Kobe, Howard, etc.?

Putting Dwight just outside of top 5 is possible (though I don't agree), but not even top 10 is ridiculous. Is your top 10 all guards because they are flashier and more noticeable?

Collier11
5/27/2010, 12:03 AM
I would have Kobe, Bron, Wade, Durant, Nash, Paul, Gasol, and Stoudamire all ahead of him (3 are not guards). If you dont like it, post your list and we can debate that, otherwise quit getting so upset over it, its just an opinion

NormanPride
5/27/2010, 09:33 AM
Saying Nash doesn't control a game is ridiculous. He may be the best point I've ever seen at controlling the flow of a game, and I hate the Suns. He was money with Dallas, and he's money with Pahoenicks even though he's old. Howard is an all star, but only because there are no true centers anymore.

Collier11
5/27/2010, 10:33 AM
Saying Nash doesn't control a game is ridiculous. He may be the best point I've ever seen at controlling the flow of a game, and I hate the Suns. He was money with Dallas, and he's money with Pahoenicks even though he's old. Howard is an all star, but only because there are no true centers anymore.

NP again for the win, if youve ever watched him play it is easy to see how great Nash is and this is from someone who used to dislike Nash

Eielson
5/27/2010, 10:38 AM
I would have Kobe, Bron, Wade, Durant, Nash, Paul, Gasol, and Stoudamire all ahead of him (3 are not guards). If you dont like it, post your list and we can debate that, otherwise quit getting so upset over it, its just an opinion

You named 8 people, which still puts him in the top 10.

Anyways, my top 5 (in no particular order):

Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Paul, Howard

Collier11
5/27/2010, 10:45 AM
Im sorry, did I say somewhere that he wasnt in my top 10? I just looked at every post in the thread and I never said that

Eielson
5/27/2010, 10:50 AM
Dwight is a great player but he isnt top 10

Here.

Collier11
5/27/2010, 10:53 AM
Ah, I see it now on pg2. Not sure why I wouldve posted top 10, my opinion throughout this entire thread is that he isnt top 5...that was a mistake on my part

the_ouskull
5/27/2010, 10:54 AM
Nash can single handedly control a game from the PG position, I dont think Howard can. Not yet

Of course he can't. He can't even handle the ball all that well. Dumb*ss.

:D

But, this thread has given me a decent idea...

the_ouskull

Eielson
5/27/2010, 11:02 AM
I can live with somebody saying that Howard is just outside of top 5. I strongly disagree with putting Nash in the top 5, though.

Collier11
5/27/2010, 11:10 AM
Id put him somewhere around 7-9 probably, id have to think about it more

stoops the eternal pimp
5/27/2010, 11:27 AM
I think to be a top 10 player, you have to be a go-to option on the offensive side of the ball..

Collier11
5/27/2010, 11:34 AM
That has been my point the entire time, although when looking at the list of the best players in the league, I think he has to be top 10. Lower half for sure but top 10

Eielson
5/27/2010, 12:31 PM
I think to be a top 10 player, you have to be a go-to option on the offensive side of the ball..

I would make an exception for the best defensive and rebounding big man in the NBA. While not exactly a "go-to option", he does average around 20 points a game.