PDA

View Full Version : Korean War Re: Frozen Chosin

sooneron
5/21/2010, 03:55 PM
Just thought that I would share this. A friend of mine made a documentary about the Marines that went through the hell that was the Chosin battle. It looks like a compelling piece of storytelling.

http://frozenchosin.com/

Vv580RMPY18

Flagstaffsooner
5/21/2010, 04:11 PM
Very moving. I have friends that were there. They cant stand cold to this day.

soonerloyal
5/21/2010, 04:22 PM
Every time I see a Marine with a "Chosin Reservoir" cap, I almost burst into tears. I have to go up and thank them more profusely than I usually do all vets.

They were in the "Forgotten War", and were told by WWII vets to "just suck it up". Dear Lord, what misery, horror and heartbreak. This war is too oft-ignored in the classroom. EVERY American should be well-schooled in what was endured in all our wars, but Korea - especially.

Read up on it, I challenge you. It will break your heart and more.

GOD BLESS AND THANK YOU TO EVERY SURVIVOR OF THE FROZEN CHOSIN.

olevetonahill
5/22/2010, 12:27 AM
Yup
The Korean Vets really were forgotten :mad:

SCOUT
5/22/2010, 12:37 AM
I have a friend who was a Marine sniper in Korea. His stories are amazing as were the efforts of the men who fought there with him.

Two things about him. 1) He drives a convertible crossfire with a bumper sticker that reads, "If you run, you will just die tired." and 2) His comment about the war was, "Always aim for the guy next to the bugler. Those Korean officer f****** loved their bugles."

He, like so many other Vets, is an amazing man.

They deserve their due. I will definitely go see this movie.

GKeeper316
5/23/2010, 07:33 PM
they were the hardest of the hard.

olevetonahill
5/23/2010, 08:04 PM
they were the hardest of the hard.

Bro I refuse to take anything away from ANY vets service
But do a Little more studying ok ?