PDA

View Full Version : NBA Combine

stoops the eternal pimp
5/21/2010, 09:15 AM
Anybody else watch any of this? I caught the 4's and 5's in action if you can call it that..It is horribly put together and very amateurish in presentation

Anyway Tiny Gallon worked out, and I use those words loosely..a few notes of interest..

1. He admitted to one of the guys how much he loves junk food and he eats it all the time.

2. He was in horrible condition for the workout...

3. The guy has a great skill set that the NBA scouts love

4. The broadcast staff went on about how horrible of shape he was in and couldnt believe he would show up for the event in that kind of condition

Willie Warren will be showcasing his stuff today

stoopified
5/21/2010, 10:04 AM
4. The broadcast staff went on about how horrible of shape he was in and couldnt believe he would show up for the event in that kind of condition.Anyone surprised about Tiny's conditioning,maturity or work ethic OBVIOUSLY never watched OU play this year.The fact that Tiny is a waste of talent is no shock to Sooner fans.

Boomer.....
5/21/2010, 10:18 AM
I have been hearing good and bad about him. It sounds like the consensus that scouts like his skill but that he is out of shape. What a shame.

the_ouskull
5/21/2010, 05:05 PM
It's not a shame. He knows what he could have been. He's been told what he could be his entire life. The shame is that he's going to walk around with his "I coulda been a contenda" story, Uncle Rico-style, for the rest of his life when the truth is the kid's a f*cking privileged idiot of a primadonna who thinks he's entitled to the life he wants while giving nothing back in return. F*ck him. I PRAY he's a first-round pick so I can watch him not play for three years instead of just one.

the_ouskull

the_ouskull
5/21/2010, 05:32 PM
...and just because I'm not done with this fat pr*ck yet, I'm going to continue with a (semi) bold declaration...

I don't think he's ever even going to be a better player than an Andres Nocioni, or a Ryan Hollins is now. James Singleton. Darius Songalia. These are the players that Tiny Gallon has to look forward to resembling.

But, if he ditches the "me-first" attitude, the extra tonnage, develops a work ethic, learns some defensive footwork, and discovers food that doesn't come with a number next to it... and all of those are Tiny Gallon-sized "if's," then I REALLY think he's got a shot to be the next Jonas Jerebko or Shelden Williams. That's it. That's my "cap" prediction for "Tiny." So, when he REALLY over-achieves and becomes the next Glen Davis, be sure to let me hear it, eh?

-----

Sadly, I've got a few predictions for Willie, too, and they really, really depend - much like "Tiny," on a lot of intangibles. At least in Tiny's case, they're easy to dismiss. He's never going to not be an idiot. Willie, on the other hand, I feel, still has that elusive "chance."

Who's it going to be, Willie? Derek Fisher now, or Derek Fisher '05/'06? Chris Duhon from the first half of last year, or the second half of last year? Sebastian Telfair or Will Bynum?

Willie's ceiling could have been Baron Davis, pre-injury and Ho Ho's. Instead, I think his absolute ceiling now, is a Mo Williams-type player. (Yeah, and spare me the, "but he's an All-Star" crap. The Cavs had the league's best record at the break, and all the real point guards were out.)

Does he want to be good enough... or good?

the_ouskull

Eielson
5/21/2010, 05:46 PM
Comparing Willie's chances of success to Tiny's is one of the few things that makes it look good.

the_ouskull
5/21/2010, 06:12 PM
Yeah, but unlike Tiny, I'd like to see Willie do well. I don't want to see Tiny do well, and I'm stoked that I'm not setting myself up for disappointment.

the_ouskull

Eielson
5/21/2010, 06:33 PM
Yes, I'll pull for Willie, unless he was also involved in the money thing. In that case, screw him too.

the_ouskull
5/21/2010, 11:13 PM
Yes, I'll pull for Willie, unless he was also involved in the money thing. In that case, screw him too.

SOLD!

the_ouskull

Collier11
5/21/2010, 11:24 PM

we can agree on that

starclassic tama
5/21/2010, 11:30 PM
pretty much everything skull said was spot on.. i like the NBA combine because i like seeing exactly how tall guys really are...

the_ouskull
5/21/2010, 11:40 PM
pretty much everything skull said was spot on.. i like the NBA combine because i like seeing exactly how tall guys really are...

I really wanted to quote the first part of this for my sig. :D

Seriously with the combine height thing, though. Byron freakin' Houston. Does anybody still remember Jalen Rose making fun of his midget *ss when lOSUr played against B*tchigan in 1992? (Or maybe '93?) I'm probably the only person that remembers sh*t like that, aren't I? D*mn it, me.

the_ouskull

Eielson
5/22/2010, 09:19 AM
http://www.nbadraft.net/2010-nba-draft-combine-official-measurements

I was going to say that Pittman saved Gallon from being the biggest fatty, but apparently there is one in between. Who would've known Demarcus Cousins carried more bodyfat than Gallon?

Anybody else surprised that Aldrich is only half an inch taller than Gallon?

Also, it turns out that Willie is only 6-2.5 instead of the 6-4 he was generally listed at.

starclassic tama
5/22/2010, 10:13 PM
somebody doesn't follow much basketball... players are almost always listed as their in-shoes height. thus, warren is 6'3.75 in shoes, or 6'4. for some reason durant is listed at 6'9 instead of 6'11 in shoes, i think it's because they want to market him more as a guard/forward possibly...

the_ouskull
5/23/2010, 08:20 AM
The Duke wunderkind, Christian Laettner, was a seven-footer, but asked Duke to list him at 6'11". He didn't want to be seen as "another white seven-footer." Who said that kid was dumb?

the_ouskull

diegosooner
5/23/2010, 08:23 AM
What's Willie, early 2nd rounder?

JLEW1818
5/23/2010, 08:31 AM
i really do not like his game of basketball.

sooner518
5/23/2010, 08:51 AM
Harangody is only 6'6?! I thought he was like 6'10!

Collier11
5/23/2010, 11:07 AM
What's Willie, early 2nd rounder?

Who knows, apparently he has looked good at some of these workouts and several of the mock draft websites have him going in the 1st, we will see...

yankee
5/23/2010, 12:24 PM
Who would've known Demarcus Cousins carried more bodyfat than Gallon?

Anybody else surprised that Aldrich is only half an inch taller than Gallon?

Also, it turns out that Willie is only 6-2.5 instead of the 6-4 he was generally listed at.

i'm no draft expert, but that sounds like it could hurt cousins' draft stock (especially his listed weight at 292). i was under the impression he was playing around 280 the whole season. and with willie, you'll notice that colleges must take height measurements with guys shoes on, because that's what they're usually listed at. not sure what the point of a no shoes height measurement is...unless the guy is planning to play in no shoes, then that is irrelevant.

the_ouskull
5/23/2010, 01:25 PM
i'm no draft expert, but that sounds like it could hurt cousins' draft stock (especially his listed weight at 292). i was under the impression he was playing around 280 the whole season. and with willie, you'll notice that colleges must take height measurements with guys shoes on, because that's what they're usually listed at. not sure what the point of a no shoes height measurement is...unless the guy is planning to play in no shoes, then that is irrelevant.

Yeah. It'll KILL Cousins. He might fall all the way to the 3rd pick. And Byron Houston was 6'3" and change despite OSU listing him as tall as 6'9" at one point. Nobody balls in platforms like that. RuPaul doesn't play in heels that tall.

the_ouskull

Eielson
5/23/2010, 04:03 PM
somebody doesn't follow much basketball... players are almost always listed as their in-shoes height. thus, warren is 6'3.75 in shoes, or 6'4. for some reason durant is listed at 6'9 instead of 6'11 in shoes, i think it's because they want to market him more as a guard/forward possibly...

Just for future reference, I'm not interested in your opinion.

starclassic tama
5/23/2010, 04:30 PM
for future reference, nobody is interested in whether or not you are interested in my opinion. that's why the ignore option is here.

back to hoops... anyone have any idea where okc might be leaning with the 21st pick?