PDA

View Full Version : Sooners in the NFL - 2010-2011 season

mOUse
5/19/2010, 11:09 PM
OK gentlemen(and ladies)…I searched for Sooners in the NFL threads, and the latest thread was from sept . of last year, not withstanding OUMilleniums attempt to get a list of players a couple of months ago. So here it goes…
I’m trying to get together MY list of Sooners on the current rosters so I can keep up with who is signed and who is cut over the next few months. So, as of today, here are the players I have, sorted 1st by first Name, then by Team Name and finally by city or State (I do this so as teams play, I know who all to look for by team or city)…Feel free to reply with additional players or updates or moronic blunders i've made.

AD - Vikings, Minnesota
Allen Patrick - Jaguars, Jacksonville
Brian Jackson - Jets, New York
Brodney Pool - Jets, New York
Brody Eldridge - Colts, Indianapolis
Chris Brown - Broncos, Denver
Chris Chester - Ravens, Baltimore
CJ Ah You - Rams, St Louis
Curtis Lofton - Falcons, Atlanta
Davin Joseph Buccaneer, Tampa Bay
Demarcus Granger-Seahawks
Dominique Franks - Falcons, Atlanta
Duke Robinson - Panthers, Carolina
Garrett Hartley Saints, New Orleans
Gerald McCoy-Buccaneers, Tampa
Jamal Brown - Saints, New Orleans
Jermaine Gresham -Bengals, Cincy
Jimmy Wilkerson Saints, New Orl'ns
JJ Finley - 49ers, San Francisco
Jon Cooper - Vikings, Minnesota
Juaquin Iglesias - Bears, Chicago
Keenan Clayton Eagles, Philadelphia
Kelly Gregg - Ravens, Baltimore
Lendy Holmes Redskins, Washington
Malcom Kelly Redskins, Washington
Manuel Johnson - Cowboys, Dallas
Marcus Walker - Panthers, Carolina
Mark Bradley - Buccaneers, Tampa
Mark Clayton - Ravens, Baltimore
Matt Clapp - Lions, Detroit
Mike Balogun - 49ers, San Francisco
Nic Harris - Bills, Buffalo
Phil Loadholt - Vikings, Minnesota
Reggie Smith - 49ers, San Francisco
Remi Ayodele - Saints, New Orleans
Roy Williams - Bengals, Cincinnati
Sam Bradford - Rams, St Louis
Teddy Lehman - Jaguars, Jacksonville
Tommy Harris - Bears, Chicago
Trent Williams - Redskins, Washington

49ers - JJ Finley
49ers - Mike Balogun
49ers - Reggie Smith
Bears - Juaquin Iglesias
Bears - Tommy Harris
Bengal Jermaine Gresham
Bengals - Roy Williams
Bills - Nic Harris
Broncos - Chris Brown
Buccaneer - Davin Joseph
Buccanee - Gerald McCoy
Buccaneer - Mark Bradley
Colts - Brody Eldridge
Cowboys Manuel Johnson
Eagles - Keenan Clayton
Falcons - Curtis Lofton
FalconsDominique Franks
Jaguars - Allen Patrick
Jaguars - Teddy Lehman
Jets - Brian Jackson
Jets - Brodney Pool
Lions - Matt Clapp
Panthers - Duke Robinson
Panthers - Marcus Walker
Rams - CJ Ah You
Rams - Sam Bradford
Ravens - Chris Chester
Ravens - Kelly Gregg
Ravens - Mark Clayton
Redskins - Lendy Holmes
Redskins - Malcom Kelly
Redskins - Trent Williams
Saints - Garrett Hartley
Saints - Jamal Brown
Saints - Jimmy Wilkerson
Saints - Remi Ayodele
Seahawks – D. Granger
Vikings - AD
Vikings - Jon Cooper
Vikings - Phil Loadholt

Atlanta Falcons - Curtis Lofton
Atlanta Falcons - Dominique Franks
Baltimore Ravens - Chris Chester
Baltimore Ravens - Kelly Gregg
Baltimore Ravens - Mark Clayton
Buffalo Bills - Nic Harris
Carolina Panthers - Duke Robinson
Carolina Panthers - Marcus Walker
Chicago Bears - Juaquin Iglesias
Chicago Bears - Tommy Harris
Cincinnati - Jermaine Gresham
Cincinnati Bengals - Roy Williams
Dallas Cowboys - Manuel Johnson
Denver Broncos - Chris Brown
Detroit Lions - Matt Clapp
Indianapolis Colts - Brody Eldridge
Jacksonville Jaguars - Allen Patrick
Jacksonville Jaguars - Teddy Lehman
Minnesota Vikings - AD
Minnesota Vikings - Jon Cooper
Minnesota Vikings - Phil Loadholt
New Orleans Saint - Garrett Hartley
New Orleans Saints - Jamal Brown
New Orleans Saint Jimmy Wilkerson
New Orleans Saints - Remi Ayodele
New York Jets - Brian Jackson
New York Jets - Brodney Pool
Philadelphia Eagles - Keenan Clayton
San Francisco 49ers - JJ Finley
San Francisco 49ers - Mike Balogun
San Francisco 49ers - Reggie Smith
Seattle Seahawk Demarcus Granger
St Louis Rams - CJ Ah You
St Louis Rams - Sam Bradford
Tampa Bay Buccaneer Davin Joseph
Tampa Bay Bucc- Gerald McCoy
Tampa Bay Buccaneer Mark Bradley
Washington Redskin- Lendy Holmes
Washington Redskin - Malcom Kelly
Washington Redskin- Trent Williams

As it stands I have 40 Players in the NFL. A lot to keep track of.:eek:

PDXsooner
5/19/2010, 11:23 PM
I wonder how many will be there on the first day of the regular season...I'm sure some of them will get cut, but an impressive list nonetheless.

diegosooner
5/19/2010, 11:57 PM
I hope Iglesias can step up this year.

diegosooner
5/19/2010, 11:58 PM
and good luck to bradley in Tampa!

ouleaf
5/20/2010, 08:30 AM
Didn't know Pool was on the Jets? Think he should be able to start at the FS spot for them. He has had concussion issues pretty frequently if memory serves me correctly.

lmg0088
5/20/2010, 09:11 AM
Wasn't Chris Brown cut by the Broncos? Also, I read that Clint Ingram just signed a one year contract with the saints.

OK2U
5/20/2010, 10:12 AM
Great story on Clayton:
http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20100519_Opportunity_knocks_for_rookie_Eagles_line backer.html#axzz0oNe7bLwx

At first, Keenan Clayton's path to success seemed clear.

As a child, he was the fastest one on the flag football field. He went on to be a high school star in Sulphur Springs, a rural town in football-hungry East Texas.

Recruited by football powerhouses, including LSU, he won a starting safety job at Oklahoma as a redshirt freshman. Then, one play into his second game as a starter, Clayton's career was redirected by a missed tackle. Benched for nearly two years, he considered quitting.

By now, it's obvious that he didn't: Clayton was an Eagles fourth-round draft pick and at a minicamp last month was practicing with the team's second string as a strong-side linebacker, a position of need on the defense. But lessons from those years on the bench and a watchful father are still with Clayton, shaping how he is approaching his shot at the NFL.

"Who knows where he would have been if he hadn't missed that tackle?" said the linebacker's father, Quon Clayton. "But you learn from [your] mistakes."

The primary lesson that seems to have come from Clayton's benching was to work. When Clayton arrived at Eagles minicamp, he said, he had been asked to learn the strong-side linebacker position but was planning to study the weak side as well - just in case.

Asked if he needed to add bulk to play in the NFL, he said, "If it need be for me to pick up weight, got to get to the table."

And when it came to special teams, an unglamorous job that may provide opportunities for rookies, Clayton said it just takes effort to make the difference between springing a big play or missing a block and getting "cussed out."

"I'd rather just put the effort in and get the job right the first time than sit back and let somebody yell at me," he said.

A jagged path

Practicing in the Eagles' winged helmets might not have been the exact dream Clayton had as a young man. Growing up about 80 miles east of Dallas, he spent Sundays cheering on the Aikman-Irvin-Smith Cowboys. When he went to Oklahoma, he wore No. 22 out of respect for Emmitt Smith.

His allegiances abruptly changed with a phone call from the Eagles on April 24, early on Day 3 of the NFL draft. The call woke Clayton up in his family's home.

"You know how family reacts. Everybody's in there shedding tears and slinging snot," Clayton said, a Texas drawl still detectable.

For Clayton, it was the latest big step in a journey along a jagged path. After arriving at Oklahoma as a safety, saying he spurned his home state Texas Longhorns because they wanted him to switch to linebacker, Clayton quickly got on the field.

He won the safety job, but the tackle he missed in a 2006 game against Washington allowed a 54-yard touchdown run on the first play from scrimmage. He was promptly "fired," he said. Clayton then played sparingly for the better part of two years. He thought about leaving football behind.

"You're not coming home. You come home, you're going to work," Quon Clayton remembers telling his son. He reminded him of that week one summer when Keenan joined his father at the Sulphur Springs Livestock and Dairy Auction, where the elder Clayton still works. They woke up at 5 a.m. and were on the job caring for cattle into the night - 8, 9, maybe 10 p.m., Quon Clayton said. "That kind of changed his mind on hard working."

Quon Clayton said he kept attending Oklahoma's games, even while his son sat on the bench. "I just told him, 'Keep working, keep working, keep working.' "

Clayton still got his chances to play on special teams and said he modeled himself after Lewis Baker, a teammate who "went 150 miles an hour everywhere he went."

Lining up before kicks, the two would playfully trash talk over who would get to the returner first. As they each struggled to win playing time, they saw playing on special teams as a chance to shine, Baker said.

Once, they charged so hard after a Colorado kick returner that when the runner slipped, they collided, and Baker left the game with a concussion, he said.

Eventually, at his coaches' urging, Clayton moved to strong-side linebacker and returned to Oklahoma's starting lineup. With his speed, he often covered tight ends in the pass-heavy Big Twelve.

The Eagles liked what they saw, particularly in pass coverage.

"What they did in Oklahoma translates to our defense," said general manager Howie Roseman.

Not flamboyant

Clayton, considered small but fast for his position at 6-foot-1, 229 pounds, displayed his pass-defense ability in 11-on-11 drills on Day 2 of the minicamp last month. As he faded into coverage, DeSean Jackson broke open behind him. The throw went up, but Clayton leaped and swatted the ball down with his right hand. Jackson reached out a gloved hand for a slap of congratulations.

In the locker room later, Clayton deflected praise, saying he wished he had intercepted the ball.

It was typical of a player who, so far, has been engaging and humble with the media and highly self-critical. When a reporter brought up Clayton's speedy 40-yard dash - his time of 4.66 seconds at the NFL combine ranked among the best for linebackers - the rookie said he should have been faster. When someone else asked him about making big plays, Clayton credited his coaches with putting him in the right place.

"That sounds just like him," said Brad Turner, Clayton's high school coach. "He wasn't a flamboyant guy. He wasn't a showboater."

Clayton will head into training camp - and a week-long minicamp starting Wednesday - at a position where the Eagles struggled to find an answer all last year and where they are thin on experience. The top strong-side linebacker is Moise Fokou, a second-year man with five career starts.

Quon Clayton and his family hope to see Keenan on the field when the Eagles travel to Dallas on Dec. 12. Once taunted by his Texas friends for sending a son to an out-of-state rival for college, they're already giving him heat for abandoning the Cowboys for the Eagles. Quon Clayton, though, said he's proud to be a new Birds fan.

"People talk about how wild they are," he said. "I think I'll fit right it in."

Read more: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20100519_Opportunity_knocks_for_rookie_Eagles_line backer.html#ixzz0oTzHYiVl
Play fantasy sports and win cash prizes instantly. Philly.com's Instant Fantasy Sports Games

oubronco
5/20/2010, 10:42 AM
Brandon Jones stills claims to play for the 49ers

Sooner in Tampa
5/20/2010, 10:48 AM
and good luck to bradley in Tampa!
He has a great opportunity...our receiving corps here SUCKS...Maurice Stoval and Michael Clayton are the most experienced we have and they seem to have a problem catching water while falling out of a boat.

I can't wait for FanFest, I will get to chat it up with Joseph, Bradley, and McCoy.

Tampa is VERY excited to have McCoy!!!

badger
5/20/2010, 11:04 AM
Chris Brown was waived by the Broncos earlier this month. I don't think any other changes to the list yet. Everybody post updates (and articles and photos!!!!) when you see them!

OK2U
5/20/2010, 11:31 AM
Redskins OTA Report:

**WR Malcolm Kelly made a couple of athletic, leaping attempts for passes. With McNabb rolling right during red-zone work, he lofted a ball into the corner of the end zone that Kelly outjumped CB Kevin Barnes for and made the catch. Kelly also made a nice catch on a slant in traffic against CB Phillip Buchanon.

After practice, Mike Shanahan was asked for his impressions of Kelly and fellow third-year WR Devin Thomas, considering that they are still striving to meet expectations. “It’s the time,” Shanahan said. “It’s going to be an interesting question here over the next three months. We have a number of wide receivers competing for a position, but I like what I’ve seen thus far.”
**OLB Brian Orakpo beat first-round pick LT Trent Williams with an outside rush during team drills. Afterward, Williams spent three minutes talking with offensive line coach Chris Foerster and coaching intern Chris Samuels on the sideline about hand placement and footwork.

“It doesn’t take him long when you’re going against some of the best outside linebackers in the league [to see] if the guy can compete on this level,” Shanahan said. “And he can compete. Saying that, there’s always going to be growing pains. It’s going to be a learning experience for him every day. I like the way he’s handled himself. He picks things up very quickly. We threw him in the fire right way and put him with the first unit, and I’ve been impressed so far.”

ouleaf
5/20/2010, 11:56 AM
In response to the Keenan Clayton story.

Yeah that missed tackle against Wash. was pretty bad....not as bad as the guaranteed Pick 6 his dropped against saxeT last year. Oh well....hope he catches on with the Eagles, even though I hate them, and gets the opportunity to play next year.

mOUse
5/20/2010, 12:07 PM
Wasn't Chris Brown cut by the Broncos? Also, I read that Clint Ingram just signed a one year contract with the saints.

Wow, just was shown that by a TTU guy here at my work. Updating list now. Thanks

SoonerLB
5/20/2010, 12:12 PM
You have inadvertently stumbled upon the reason my Kansas City Chiefs are so pathetic, they have no Sooners on the roster! ;)

ouleaf
5/20/2010, 12:39 PM
**OLB Brian Orakpo beat first-round pick LT Trent Williams with an outside rush during team drills. Afterward, Williams spent three minutes talking with offensive line coach Chris Foerster and coaching intern Chris Samuels on the sideline about hand placement and footwork.

How do you get this job? Sign me up

rawlingsHOH
5/20/2010, 12:53 PM
How do you get this job? Sign me up

Being a former All-Pro doesn't hurt! lol

Mad Dog Madsen
5/20/2010, 01:55 PM
Rhett Bomar??? Oh wait... :rolleyes:

mOUse
5/20/2010, 06:20 PM
Updated list:
AD - Vikings, Minnesota
Allen Patrick - Jaguars, Jacksonville
Brian Jackson - Jets, New York
Brodney Pool - Jets, New York
Brody Eldridge - Colts, Indianapolis
Chris Brown - Released by theDenver
BroncosChris Chester - Ravens, Baltimore
CJ Ah You - Rams, St Louis
Clint Ingram - Saints, New Orleans
Curtis Lofton - Falcons, Atlanta
Davin Joseph - Buccaneers, Tampa Bay
Demarcus Granger - Seahawks, Seattle
Dominique Franks - Falcons, Atlanta
Duke Robinson - Panthers, Carolina
Garrett Hartley - Saints, New Orleans
Gerald McCoy - Buccaneers, Tampa Bay
Jamal Brown - Saints, New Orleans
Jermaine Gresham - Bengals, Cincinnati
Jimmy Wilkerson - Saints, New Orleans
JJ Finley - 49ers, San Francisco
Jon Cooper - Vikings, Minnesota
Juaquin Iglesias - Bears, Chicago
Keenan Clayton - Eagles, Philadelphia
Kelly Gregg - Ravens, BaltimoreLendy
Holmes - Redskins, Washington
Malcom Kelly - Redskins, Washington
Manuel Johnson - Cowboys, Dallas
Marcus Walker - Panthers, Carolina
Mark Bradley - Buccaneers, Tampa Bay
Mark Clayton - Ravens, Baltimore
Matt Clapp - Lions, Detroit
Mike Balogun - 49ers, San Francisco
Nic Harris - Bills, Buffalo
Phil Loadholt - Vikings, Minnesota
Reggie Smith - 49ers, San Francisco
Remi Ayodele - Saints, New Orleans
Roy Williams - Bengals, Cincinnati
Sam Bradford - Rams, St Louis
Teddy Lehman - Jaguars, Jacksonville
Tommy Harris - Bears, Chicago
Trent Williams - Redskins, Washington

Mad Dog Madsen
5/21/2010, 10:23 AM
Whatever happened to Dan Cody?

stoops the eternal pimp
5/21/2010, 10:26 AM
Done with football..too many injuries amongst a few other things

Mad Dog Madsen
5/21/2010, 10:49 AM
I hadn't seen him in a couple years and was wondering. Man, all through college I thought he was gonna do some damage in the NFL.

mOUse
5/21/2010, 01:01 PM
Looks like Mark Clayton got a one year extension. Sure hope he has a good year.

Mad Dog Madsen
5/21/2010, 03:34 PM
Won't he be like 3rd on the depth chart now???

gaylordfan1
5/21/2010, 04:13 PM
Bout a year ago I saw Cody at a bar in the city and he looked different... I figured by the way he looked that he wasn't playing football anymore, kinda out of shape. At least not the way he was at Oklahoma.

Mad Dog Madsen
5/21/2010, 04:22 PM
Bout a year ago I saw Cody at a bar in the city and he looked different... I figured by the way he looked that he wasn't playing football anymore, kinda out of shape. At least not the way he was at Oklahoma.

Are you sure it was him??? By the looks of your avatar you spend alot of time in bars... :D

gaylordfan1
5/21/2010, 04:28 PM
I like bars.... Well, mainly beer, but the bars have the beer.

Yea, it was him. Positive. One of his ex-girlfriends was with the wife and I.

Mad Dog Madsen
5/21/2010, 04:37 PM
Haha niiice! FWIW I believed ya the first time...

mOUse
5/26/2010, 11:13 PM
Bad news for Allen Patrick. Released yesterday by the Jags. Hopefully he'll get picked up by St. Louis. That'd be sweet!

Mad Dog Madsen
5/28/2010, 04:19 PM
Some good pics of Sammy B in minicamp.

http://www.nfl.com/photos/09000d5d8183078e#id:09000d5d817e3bb9

mhackl
5/28/2010, 09:50 PM
Am I the only one trying to put together their modern day dream team from these lists?

CrimsonCommando
5/28/2010, 10:13 PM
So Kelly Gregg is the oldest Sooner veteren. Dang I feel old now. Hey what about Dusty, is he still trying to play?

Sooners074718
5/29/2010, 02:03 PM
DeMarcus Granger just waived by Seattle

IronHorseSooner
5/30/2010, 01:19 PM
You could put together a decent starting line-up with that group:

Offense:

LT: J. Brown
LG: Robinson
C: Chester
RG: Joseph
RT: Loadholt
TE: Gresham
WR: Kelly
WR: Mark Clayton
H-Back: Eldridge
RB: AD
QB: Bradford

Defense:

DE: Wilkerson
DT: GK
DT: Tommie Harris
DE: Ah-You
OLB: Nic Harris
MLB: Lofton
OLB: Keenan Clayton
CB: Franks
CB: Smith
FS: Poole
SS: TGRW

K: Hartley

The only thing you would have missing is a punter. Some positions are a little thinner than others.