PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable speech

PDXsooner
5/18/2010, 11:40 PM
Here's Oliver North speaking about our armed forces...one of the best clips I've heard...it's worth it.

http://www.nragive.com/ringoffreedom/index.html

SteelCitySooner
5/19/2010, 12:16 AM
good post. thanks

yermom
5/19/2010, 12:30 AM
that's what we do. we're Americans.

this is what some people seem to lose sight of lately...

C&CDean
5/19/2010, 08:11 AM
psssstt. Ollie is on the "other" side.

Jello Biafra
5/19/2010, 08:36 AM
you paying attenion KC?

PDXsooner
5/19/2010, 10:24 AM
psssstt. Ollie is on the "other" side.

How myopic of you.

C&CDean
5/19/2010, 01:51 PM
What. Ever.

yermom
5/19/2010, 03:28 PM
which side is that?

C&CDean
5/19/2010, 03:33 PM
On the right side?

yermom
5/19/2010, 03:46 PM
On the right side?

sorry, i guess you are correct, if you mean "right" as opposed to "left"

http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/international/oliver-north-ive-been-waterboarded-i-used-to-waterboard-people

PDXsooner
5/19/2010, 03:54 PM
I didn't realize one "side" had the rights to patriotism or sacrifice to country. Someone better tell all the "lefties", "liberals", "democrats", whatever you want to call them, that have sacrificed their lives or given to our country through military service. I'm sure they weren't aware of that.

And yes, there have been, and are, many of them.

Jello Biafra
5/19/2010, 03:56 PM
I didn't realize one "side" had the rights to patriotism or sacrifice to country. Someone better tell all the "lefties", "liberals", "democrats", whatever you want to call them, that have sacrificed their lives or given to our country through military service. I'm sure they weren't aware of that.

And yes, there have been, and are, many of them.

MOST of them are "righties" because "righties" have a history of supporting more money for national defense.

C&CDean
5/19/2010, 04:01 PM
Most folks who join and serve morph into righties anyhow if they weren't from the start.

I was a flaming leftista when I was young. Joining the military, having kids and a job/responsibilities, and then seeing all the lazy **********s out there freeloading on my hard work pretty much sealed the deal for me.

All that being said, I am glad you are able to be moved by a speech from one of "us." Kudos. It must mean you ain't all bad.

PDXsooner
5/19/2010, 04:05 PM
Look at it however you want. I'm a flaming liberal in this board's eyes...I'll support a strong military until the day I die, and I'll support destroying any army that wants to engage in battle with us with little to no mercy.

Jello Biafra
5/19/2010, 04:12 PM
Look at it however you want. I'm a flaming liberal in this board's eyes...I'll support a strong military until the day I die, and I'll support destroying any army that wants to engage in battle with us with little to no mercy.

well, you're halfway there. now, look at it this way... the more you spend in taxes to help the welfare peeps that do nothing (for the most part) but destroy thier lives and continue to reproduce kids that do nothing but EXPECT handouts, the less your tax dollars go to a strong national defense. stealth and force multiplying technology ain't cheap...there's a reason the chinese don't make it in sweat shops. :D

PDXsooner
5/19/2010, 04:15 PM
well, you're halfway there. now, look at it this way... the more you spend in taxes to help the welfare peeps that do nothing (for the most part) but destroy thier lives and continue to reproduce kids that do nothing but EXPECT handouts, the less your tax dollars go to a strong national defense. stealth and force multiplying technology ain't cheap...there's a reason the chinese don't make it in sweat shops. :D

Nice attempt. I don't want to divert from the intent of this thread and get into a ridiculous battle of ideology.

Jello Biafra
5/19/2010, 04:22 PM
Nice attempt. I don't want to divert from the intent of this thread and get into a ridiculous battle of ideology.

nevermind. i see where you live. no use in even talking about it.

soonerloyal
5/21/2010, 07:47 PM
It's the puss-oozing, pseudo-superior, if-you-ain't-Right-you-ain't-a-patriot BS that just sucks the fun and the hope straight outta here. :D

Can't wait for my oldest to go back into the Corps as a mustang Progressive to give the (many) non-Conservative Marines there some good support.

And Ollie North is a USMC uniform-wearing breaker of his oath and brought shame upon his Corps. He does tawlk purty sometimes, though.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/21/2010, 08:04 PM
"Ollie North is a USMC uniform-wearing breaker of his oath"-SL

Oh yeah, huh. He's a bad one, that guy.

JohnnyMack
5/21/2010, 09:03 PM

Defense spending is just as big a bloated pig sucking at the teets of our dollar as welfare is.

Harry Beanbag
5/21/2010, 11:38 PM
It's the puss-oozing, pseudo-superior, if-you-ain't-Right-you-ain't-a-patriot BS that just sucks the fun and the hope straight outta here. :D

Can't wait for my oldest to go back into the Corps as a mustang Progressive to give the (many) non-Conservative Marines there some good support.

And Ollie North is a USMC uniform-wearing breaker of his oath and brought shame upon his Corps. He does tawlk purty sometimes, though.

Who's being political? :rolleyes:

Harry Beanbag
5/21/2010, 11:40 PM
Defense spending is just as big a bloated pig sucking at the teets of our dollar as welfare is.

You seriously believe this?

Nevermind, of course you do.

JohnnyMack
5/22/2010, 08:32 AM

America, **** yeah!

PDXsooner
5/22/2010, 10:01 AM

I'm torn on Ollie. He was involved in illegally selling arms to Iran - BAD. He served his country and is very involved on going overseas and meeting with our troops - GOOD. I guess I'm willing to forgive...

Jello Biafra
5/22/2010, 10:40 AM

of course it is...and im sure you are going to give us examples at any time here.

delhalew
5/22/2010, 10:55 AM
Defense spending=good.

Hemorrhaging money due to nation building and foreign aid=bad.

Trying to keep it simple for the logic challenged.

StoopTroup
5/22/2010, 11:14 AM
On the right side?

What I find most disturbing is when folks from the right side who have been there their entire lives and have been fighting for Conservative Christian values and even going as far as telling many of us how we should be living...suddenly find themselves standing in a corner on the left side of the street with their mascara running down their cheek. :D

http://www.demotivatorblog.com/wp-content/uploads/yapb_cache/sadsadsad.3xt5ommuk62o40wcss00gc4g0.ap2qhjyqp08cgc 0c80ss4cco4.th.jpeg

StoopTroup
5/22/2010, 11:26 AM

Everybody knows there isn't any waste in this Country. What a dumbass JM is.

http://www.promo-wholesale.com/Upfiles/Prod_n/Minya-Gold-Metal-Shovel-In-Wall-Plaque_20090825616.jpg

5/22/2010, 12:41 PM
Defense spending=good.

Hemorrhaging money due to nation building and foreign aid=bad.

Spending kazillions on social programs designed to buy votes, and create a larger govt.-dependent voting block for democrats and RINOS=bad

Trying to keep it simple for the logic challenged.fixed

StoopTroup
5/22/2010, 01:56 PM
Thank goodness...everything is fixed. Now we can sit and wait for football season to start.

soonerloyal
5/23/2010, 08:01 AM
Who's being political? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I just joined the conga line in progress. :D

But to PDX, I apologize dear. I wouldn't have retorted if I'd read the whole shebang. You didn't want that on this thread. Forgive an old broad? :O

That's an absolutely unfixable no-no of which Ollie is guilty. But I'm glad he has such a commitment to showing our troops they are loved and supported.

5/23/2010, 01:25 PM
That's an absolutely unfixable no-no of which Ollie is guilty. But I'm glad he has such a commitment to showing our troops they are loved and supported.Yeah, he was a bad boy, fighting the Commists in Nicaragua and in the US Congress. We should all be that bad, huh? http://www.infoplease.com/biography/var/olivernorth.html

The dems thought they had finally gotten Reagan, when they got Ollie to testify, haha.