PDA

View Full Version : 2011 baseball season

Collier11
5/17/2010, 01:50 AM
I know this has been a really good yr so far and we still have a run in the tourney to make but I couldnt help but look at next year and the potential team we have.

Without even knowing how good our recruiting class will be , look at what will be bringing back...

Starters returning

OF- Ellison Hitting .344 as a soph
IF- Bushyhead Hitting .332 as a soph
IF- White Hitting .336 as a Fresh
IF- Boosh Hitting .370 as a soph
IF- Seitzer Hitting .323 as a soph
IF- Black Hitting .336 as a JR
IF- Ellis hitting .444 as a spot starting JR
OF- Elliot hitting .400 as a spot starting JR

P- Neal 7-2 and a 4.02 ERA as a JR
P- Shore 7-4 and a 4.34 ERA as a JR
P- Mayfield 4-0 and a 1.29 ERA as a Fresh

You never know how the draft is going to go and who might leave but I cant imagine any of these guys leaving. Doesnt mean a few wont but I cant see any of them being drafted high enough to bounce.

If all or most of those guys return and we can find a closer and an impact OFer, we could be a legit Top 5 team next yr

soonerguild
5/17/2010, 01:20 PM
I agree sir, as much turnover as most college baseball teams have from year to year, our team appears to be as stable between this year and next as I can remember.

jadubya
5/17/2010, 10:16 PM
I believe the key will be finding/developing a catcher. We are below average behind the plate defensively and "so so" offensively.....not a good combo.

IF we can keep the pitching staff intact....and I think we have a pretty good shot at doing so while developing/getting to campus the young arms.....we could be a pretty good ballclub.

Neal & Shore have been good enough to allow us to win...but not soooo spectacular that Pro scouts are drooling all over them. That is a real GOOD thing for us going in to 2011.

In other news, I thoroughly enjoyed Saturdays game in honor of my boy.....and getting the Sooners fired up with a little ****/vinegar pep talk. Good times and good young men.

soonerborn45
5/18/2010, 04:41 PM
Boosh might go. He is a rs soph. and has been hittin it well all year. Him and Duke are the only underclassmen i see signing. Other than that the team will be pretty salty next year. Especially if Gibson can develop.

Ardmore_Sooner
5/18/2010, 04:53 PM
We have been very mediocre behind the plate. Boosh may go but I feel that this has been Dukes worst year so far at OU. Regardless he's still a pro talent that I'll be surprised to see stay. All in all this year ha been much better than expected. Hope to see you all at L Dale tonight!

soonerborn45
5/20/2010, 11:39 AM
Duke only pitches mediocre when its not a save situation i bet his ERA is in the fives. When its a save situation i bet his ERA is in the ones or twos. Ogle is far and above Groth with the stick, when Groth is in the lineup he might as well be an automatic out but his defense is good.