PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever been to a Green Bay game at Lambeau Field

Sooner24
5/16/2010, 11:18 PM
Thinking about going to a game and just wondered who, if anyone, had been.

yermom
5/16/2010, 11:38 PM
Baj?

you probably need to wait until December to get the full effect

badger
5/17/2010, 08:47 AM
NP and I went to a game a few Decembers ago. It was my Christmas present. It was incredibly cold. It was awesome :D

I have actually been to only one game. Nobody in our family had tickets, so that pretty much keeps you outta Lambeau unless you have money (and I did not, lol)

NormanPride
5/17/2010, 09:48 AM
Yep, we saw the Pack play Oakland at Lambeau in early December. It was 3 degrees.

I think the only game that I've been to that was that much fun was the UTEP rain game in '03? '04?

badger
5/17/2010, 10:45 AM
Yep, we saw the Pack play Oakland at Lambeau in early December. It was 3 degrees.

I think the only game that I've been to that was that much fun was the UTEP rain game in '03? '04?

The UTEP game was 2002, if I recall correctly - the Rose Bowl season.

I would argue that the Tech game from 2008 was as fun as the UTEP game... but hey, no game can be as fun as a Packer game for me :D

soonersam
5/17/2010, 11:05 AM
All the time!! I live in Madison and my bro in law has 6 season tix thru his business!

soonersam
5/17/2010, 11:07 AM
Go earlier in the season.. Its no joke how cold it gets in Late Dec. Its hard to enjoy the game when all you can think is "Dont freeze to death today" and "How long does it take for the heater in the car to strat working"

rawlingsHOH
5/17/2010, 12:59 PM
Go earlier in the season.. Its no joke how cold it gets in Late Dec. Its hard to enjoy the game when all you can think is "Dont freeze to death today" and "How long does it take for the heater in the car to strat working"

100%

I remember the first game I went to as a 6 year old, back in 84 or 85, Lynn Dickey era. Early December, no fun.

BoomerSooner, esq.
5/17/2010, 01:51 PM
Being from the Upper Penninsula, its a prerequisite to becoming an man to go to Lambeau in December. Unless you love freezing your berries off, I would also recommend going early in the season.

Jello Biafra
5/17/2010, 02:09 PM
big ole pootinanies....

solider field late december....make sure you are facing the east ;)

C&CDean
5/17/2010, 03:21 PM
big ole pootinanies....

solider field late december....make sure you are facing the east ;)

Why? There a bunch of muslims up in that bitch?

I've never been to a game at Lambeau, but it's one of my life's ambitions. One of these days...

Jello Biafra
5/17/2010, 05:21 PM
Why? There a bunch of muslims up in that bitch?

I've never been to a game at Lambeau, but it's one of my life's ambitions. One of these days...

roflmao nope didnt think of that....about 500 yards from the east entrance of the stadium is lake meatchicken.... at that time of year, serious windage

PLaw
5/17/2010, 10:00 PM
Thinking about going to a game and just wondered who, if anyone, had been.

Never been to game at Lambeau, but I have been to the Green Bay area several times on business. On each visit, I drive around the stadium three times and stop at the statues of Lambeau and Lombardi. I wait until security comes and asked me what I'm doing. They get the same answer each time, "I'm exorcising Ice Bowl demons, sir."

BOOMER

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
5/17/2010, 10:21 PM
I've been twice. Saw them play the Browns a few years ago. Sat in the endzone during late December. And since I'm from South Padre Island, IT WAS COLD! Fortunately, the beer was cold, too.

I went to the Ravens game this past season. I got to hold the giant American flag on the field for the pregame. It was Dec. 7, Pearl Harbor Day. I was standing on the 20 Yrd Line # when they tossed the coin. It was awesome. Those guys are pretty good sized. Fast is what they really are.

My Father-in-law's seats have greatly improved since last time. Now he's behind the glass in "The Club." It's warm and right next to a bar and bathroom. I guess we're softening with age. I barely made it out of the state the next day, as one of the blizzards was coming. We had to ride a bus down to Milwaukee to get out of the storm. I got the last plane leaving.

It was friggin AWESOME!

GottaHavePride
5/18/2010, 12:45 PM
The UTEP game was 2002, if I recall correctly - the Rose Bowl season.

Yes. My last season with the Pride.

Hella fun game.

UTgolfer
5/19/2010, 03:28 PM
soonersam -

What do you think of the burgers at Kroll's that come with the slab of butter?

KantoSooner
5/19/2010, 03:50 PM
Okay, let me give you a coupla pieces of advice for later in the season games:
1. Artic Pack Sorels. These are the big ole boots with felt inners that you can only buy north of KC. Critical. With three pairs of socks.
2. Russian style fur hat. Type of fur doesn't matter. Bunny does nicely. But don't believe that mere wool will cut the mustard.
3. Good quality mufflers/scarves. You can use them to wrap your face and then pull down the ear covers on the hat over the whole mess.
4. Excellent gloves. naturally. I prefer snow boarding types with gauntlets that go to mid-forearm.
5. The rest, layering, blah, blah, blah.

Do not mistake it: anything after October 1 at Lambeau and you might run into vile weather.

I lived 'up there' for two years. I paid my debt to society.

Jello Biafra
5/19/2010, 04:38 PM
Okay, let me give you a coupla pieces of advice for later in the season games:
1. Artic Pack Sorels. These are the big ole boots with felt inners that you can only buy north of KC. Critical. With three pairs of socks.
2. Russian style fur hat. Type of fur doesn't matter. Bunny does nicely. But don't believe that mere wool will cut the mustard.
3. Good quality mufflers/scarves. You can use them to wrap your face and then pull down the ear covers on the hat over the whole mess.
4. Excellent gloves. naturally. I prefer snow boarding types with gauntlets that go to mid-forearm.
5. The rest, layering, blah, blah, blah.

Do not mistake it: anything after October 1 at Lambeau and you might run into vile weather.

I lived 'up there' for two years. I paid my debt to society.

lol...never been to lampoon but he ain't bull****ten....those games are BRUTAL. made the mistake of going to a game in chicago in late november (after it snowed the night before) wearing 2 tshirts under my hoodie and a starter jacket over that thinking i was kosher...had to leave in the middle of the 3rd with snot frozen to the ole biscuit broom.