PDA

View Full Version : Willie reinventing himself

OUbasketball4life
5/16/2010, 09:59 PM
I came across this article and thought I would share.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/05/15/2191134/willie-warren-working-on-attitude.html#ixzz0nzyojx5Z

Collier11
5/16/2010, 10:26 PM
Im glad that it appears that he was able to look in the mirror and recognize his issues, I wish nothing but the best for the guy, I hope he gets drafted high and makes tons of money as long as he stays humble

stoops the eternal pimp
5/17/2010, 08:54 AM
I always love it when these types of athletes get it figured out once they leave instead of while they are here...

badger
5/17/2010, 09:05 AM
I always love it when these types of athletes get it figured out once they leave instead of while they are here...

WW has spoken fondly about OU, so no hard feelers that he didn't live up to his preseason hype after BG left. :)

stoops the eternal pimp
5/17/2010, 09:06 AM
I heard what he said...too bad what he did spoke a lot louder during the season

Taxman71
5/17/2010, 09:15 AM
Agreed. Wish he had it figured out while in Norman. Then again, I was a meathead until at least my mid-20's.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/17/2010, 09:21 AM
yeah..i have no anger or anything like that toward him..just couldn't care less that he is gone

Collier11
5/17/2010, 01:01 PM
Now STEP, Its not your fault!

Boomer.....
5/17/2010, 04:38 PM
WW and Tiny are doing better than TMG

Look who’s not going camping

The NBA Pre-Draft Camp in Chicago starts Wednesday and one of Oklahoma’s three early departures is missing from the invitation list.

Freshman point guard Tommy Mason-Griffin reportedly was not invited to participate in this key activity, which will be held at the Attack Athletics facility on the west side of Chicago. OU sophomore guard Willie Warren and freshman center Tiny Gallon did receive invitations, as did Oklahoma State guard James Anderson, Tulsa center Jerome Jordan and former local high school standouts in Baylor’s Ekpe Udoh (Edmond Santa Fe), Kentucky’s Daniel Orton (Bishop McGuinness) and Kansas’ Xavier Henry (Putnam City).

Thanks to the NCAA’s newly imposed early withdrawal deadline (which was May 8), this year’s invitation list consists of nothing but draft-eligible players with no possibility of a player withdrawing to return to college. Getting an invitation to Chicago does not guarantee a player will get drafted, but not getting an invite certainly doesn’t help a player’s cause.

http://blog.newsok.com/johnrohde/2010/05/17/look-whos-not-going-camping/?custom_click=lead_story_title

Mad Dog Madsen
5/17/2010, 04:55 PM
I figure TMG will play overseas anyway. Nice to hear WW is trying to sraighten up...

stoopified
5/18/2010, 08:04 AM
I sure wish WW had wanted to wrk this hard at OU and lead OUr team which was also supposed to be HIS team.I wish him the best BUT I DO NOT want him with the Thunder.

lmg0088
5/19/2010, 04:22 PM
I like the article, it looks like WW is getting his act together and at lease realizes what part of his problem was last year (bad attitude). But I did notice one thing in the article which is what Capel eluded to as a problem with the TEAM.

Warren, who averaged a team-high 16.3 points per game as a sophomore, thought about returning for his junior year.

"I wanted to come back and prove to a lot of people that I can lead a team," Warren said. "I felt like I was a 25-points-per-game guard, eight rebounds, six or seven assists."

This TEAM had to many players who were concerned with their stats.