20. Texas Tech
21. West Virginia
22. Georgia
23. North Carolina
24. Oregon
25. Missouri

JLEW1818
5/16/2010, 02:20 PM
texas stays ahead of us until we beat them, or until they lose a game before we do. (October 2nd)

Florida and USC are way too high. USC may not be top 8

I think Bama and ohio state should be 1-2

Penn St lost their qb

I think Iowa is the 2nd best team in the big 10

Nebraska is top 10. u are way off on that.

just me nitpicking

other than that, your picks are just as good as mine.

if i did a top 10 right now..

1) Alabama
2) Ohio State
3) Boise State
4) Virginia Tech
5) TCU
6) Texas
7) Iowa
8) Nebraska
9) Florida
10) Oklahoma

OU_Sooners75
5/16/2010, 04:32 PM
I mixed mine up as you will notice. Tell me why I'm crazy

1. Ohio State
2. Alabama
3. Florida
4. USC
5. Penn State
6. Boise State
7. Iowa
8. Oklahoma
9. Texas
10. Wisconsin
11. Miami
12. TCU
13. LSU
14. Georgia Tech
15. Virginia Tech
16. Nebraska
17. Cincinnati
18. Pittsburgh
19. Arizona
20. Texas Tech
21. West Virginia
22. Georgia
23. North Carolina
24. Oregon
25. Missouri

Bold = ranked too high IMO!

OU_Sooners75
5/16/2010, 04:35 PM
My top 10:

1. Alabama (I am a firm believer that the defending champion is #1 until beaten)
2. Penn State
3. Nebraska
4. Miami
5. Florida
6. Boise State
7. Oklahoma
8. Ohio State
9. Wisconsin
10. Texas

starclassic tama
5/16/2010, 06:31 PM
USC may not be top 8

tons of talent plus a stud quarterback, i'd be willing to bet USC finishes in the top 5 somewhere

Collier11
5/16/2010, 06:35 PM
Im with Jlew, tex is ahead of us until we prove we can beat them again and we prove we can make it thru our tough non conf sched.

Florida, Penn State, and Iowa are too high IMO.

Boise is too low, Va tech is too low, neb too low but barely. I disagree that Neb is a top 10 team, they have to prove they can replace the lost parts on D and that their Off can get better

Leroyt
5/16/2010, 06:56 PM
tons of talent plus a stud quarterback, i'd be willing to bet USC finishes in the top 5 somewhere

I'd say playing in the pac-10 would have more to do with them possibly finishing top 5. Barkley was serviceable with Joe McKnight (15 tds, 14 ints) but we'll see what he can do without him. Don't forget, suc's final drive against the d'ohmers "led by MB" wouldn't have happened without McKnight. That's supposedly Barkley's defining moment. IF they end up top 5, it's because the pac-10 sux as usual.

starclassic tama
5/16/2010, 08:18 PM
he was a true freshman man, you can't expect stellar stats from a true frosh. i was probably a little premature on calling him a stud, but the guy has tons of talent and tons of talent around him...

Collier11
5/16/2010, 09:06 PM
Doesnt it put into perspective the season that Landry had, no o-line, no running game, avg receivers and he still put up the best season by a freshman QB in the nation

JLEW1818
5/16/2010, 09:49 PM
USC lost their Oline.. ( at least 3 that is)

Lost Tight End, and number 1 WR

just saying

new coach too, if that's what u call him.

Salt City Sooner
5/16/2010, 10:26 PM
SC's schedule, IMO, gives them a good shot to do some damage. Their toughest roadies hands down are Stanford & Arizona, plus their OOC's (@ Hawaii & Minnesota plus UVA & ND @ home) aren't up to their usual standards. You'd also fully expect Barkley to show significant improvement from his frosh year, & as for McKnight, well. let's just say that Dillon Baxter has looked pretty dang good from what I've seen so far.

Collier11
5/16/2010, 10:29 PM
well, what youve seen of Baxter has been in scrimmages. Freshman often hit a wall when it comes to real games, we will see

Soonermagik
5/16/2010, 10:51 PM
Really, a pretty good ranking if you ask me. I only see a few issues.

SC, Florida & Nebraska are all too high IMHO.

SC has a new coaching staff and has lost a lot of talent. Heck, even Pete struggled with this team.

Florida lost a ton of guys Tebow, Hernandez, Pouncey, Dunlap, Haden, Spikes, Riley etc.. That's a ton of talent and leadership that's gone. This will be a rebuilding year with a new QB, new receivers, rebuilding the defense etc.

Nebraska... They lost Suh and that really hurts. Plus, they have zero offense.

yankee
5/17/2010, 12:51 AM
2. Penn State

da ****?

Collier11
5/17/2010, 12:54 AM
^ Thats what I was thinking, lost their heart n soul QB and the Big ten will be better this year (or atleast it should be)

gaylordfan1
5/17/2010, 01:06 AM
How long until September?

gaylordfan1
5/17/2010, 01:08 AM
Cant wait to revisit this thread in Jan 2011! We all will be surprised! Hopefully!

Collier11
5/17/2010, 01:11 AM
Man, now that it is almost officially summer I am starting to get exicted as hell for Fball again. I used to end the season and be ready for fball right away, the last 3 or 4 years it has taken me several months to recover, I cant take the stress of a 13 game season anymore, lol

goingoneight
5/17/2010, 01:20 AM
Thought process of the Sportswriter concerning the new football season:

1. The defending National Champion... unless they need a QB.
2. A team that won a BCS bowl with a reputation, hoards of media love, easy schedule and a solid depth chart returning.
3. A team that's been great in recent years, but is massively overrated. Safe pick for a consistent winner, but this team likely has major shoes to fill just about everywhere.
4. Some BIG 10 team or Virginia Tech... yeah... that'll do here.
5. Should we put a mid-major here, or is Oklahoma a safe pick at five? I mean, they were down last year... but they're usually kinda good under this Stoops guy. Let's flip a coin.
6. USC... the 2000's Notre Lame. No Pete Carroll is the difference between an overrated team starting at one or sneaking into the top ten somewhere you'll never pay attention to them until they're in the Rose Bowl. [ESPN] See? HA! Told you they were top 10 material!!! [ESPN]
7. Why are you still reading this? Ummm... Iowa. Kirk Ferentz may one day consistenly live up to his consistent preseason hype.
8. Whose little-brother rival amongst the big boys wants to be OUr "WTF?!?" Preseason top-10 candidate this year?
9. Which second or third-year coach won 9 games last year?
10. Surely we can't go wrong with a Texas or Florida school here, can we? Let's put all of them and the SEC schools into a hat and draw a lucky #10. How awesome would the SEC be to have Alabama in the top-10 TWICE!?!

TexasLidig8r
5/17/2010, 08:34 AM
the love Nebraska is getting because they played above their heads in the Big XII title game and then pummeled an inept Arizona team is beyond me.

Did they all of a sudden discover an offense?

Last year, they averaged 322 yards a game.. that puts them 99th in the country.

Scoring wise, they averaged 25.9 points a game. That puts them at 75th in the nation.

Their hapless quarterbacks had an average efficiency rating of 122.. which put them at 79th nationally.

And this was playing THREE Sun Belt teams in non-conference play.

On defense, not only did they lose KingKongDammit Suh, but two very good DBs in Larry Asante and Matt O'Hanlan.

They should win the watered down north but nationally a power? No... not until they discover an offense.

badger
5/17/2010, 08:46 AM
Keep Texas unranked so we can imagine them anywhere from #26 to #120... um, how many division 1 teams, again? :D

meoveryouxinfinity
5/17/2010, 09:41 AM
texas stays ahead of us until we beat them, or until they lose a game before we do. (October 2nd)

Florida and USC are way too high. USC may not be top 8

I think Bama and ohio state should be 1-2

Penn St lost their qb

I think Iowa is the 2nd best team in the big 10

Nebraska is top 10. u are way off on that.

just me nitpicking

other than that, your picks are just as good as mine.

if i did a top 10 right now..

1) Alabama
2) Ohio State
3) Boise State
4) Virginia Tech
5) TCU
6) Texas
7) Iowa
8) Nebraska
9) Florida
10) Oklahoma

This is MY top 25 so Texas doesn't stay ahead of us until we beat them!
Ohio State is #1 in my poll because the chances of Bama repeating are not good historically. I know, stupid reason.
Florida will compete for the SEC championship and has the best shot at beating Alabama. Schedule is manageable with only two real road tests: Alabama and Florida State.
USC--Not even Lane Kiffin can screw this up. They play in arguably the worst conference (way to go Oregon!) and even if they lose 2 conference games, they will probably be Rose Bowl Bound. The media will come up with plenty excuses if they do lose.
Penn State's defense will be nasty.
Ricky Stanzi sucks and had to have surgery at the end of the season.
And Nebraska lost to Iowa State last year. They got very lucky in a lot of games.

I'd be surprised if USC finished outside the top 10.

I'd say playing in the pac-10 would have more to do with them possibly finishing top 5. Barkley was serviceable with Joe McKnight (15 tds, 14 ints) but we'll see what he can do without him. Don't forget, suc's final drive against the d'ohmers "led by MB" wouldn't have happened without McKnight. That's supposedly Barkley's defining moment. IF they end up top 5, it's because the pac-10 sux as usual.

Completely agree. Oregon barely made my Top 25 and Arizona was a guess-pick. But USC usually finds a way to screw it up.

Im with Jlew, tex is ahead of us until we prove we can beat them again and we prove we can make it thru our tough non conf sched.

Florida, Penn State, and Iowa are too high IMO.

Boise is too low, Va tech is too low, neb too low but barely. I disagree that Neb is a top 10 team, they have to prove they can replace the lost parts on D and that their Off can get better
VT will drop a few in the ACC. Taylor is not a good quarterback. And Boise will lose to them and free fall until they win the rest of their games, climb back up into the top 10.

meoveryouxinfinity
5/17/2010, 09:59 AM
the love Nebraska is getting because they played above their heads in the Big XII title game and then pummeled an inept Arizona team is beyond me.

Scoring wise, they averaged 25.9 points a game. That puts them at 75th in the nation.

Their hapless quarterbacks had an average efficiency rating of 122.. which put them at 79th nationally.

On defense, not only did they lose KingKongDammit Suh, but two very good DBs in Larry Asante and Matt O'Hanlan.

They should win the watered down north but nationally a power? No... not until they discover an offense.

yes thank you. Husker fans will be SHOCKED when they start dropping games. They shouldn't, the writing's on the wall.

ashley
5/17/2010, 10:44 AM
Alabama #1. Florida has lots of speed and talent so don't count on them being too low.

boomermagic
5/17/2010, 11:08 AM

They are well coached and will field a good NOT great defense.. If they find an offense they will be a contender but I don't see that happening..

OU_Sooners75
5/17/2010, 11:35 AM

LOL...yeah, they played above their heads against an overrated Texass team!

mOUse
5/17/2010, 11:42 AM
I mixed mine up as you will notice. Tell me why I'm crazy

1. OU
2. USC
3. Virginia Tech
4. Alabama
5. Penn State
6. Florida
7. Iowa
8. TCU
9. Texas
10. Wisconsin
11. Miami
12. Ohio St
13. LSU
14. Georgia Tech
15. West Virginia
16. Nebraska
17. Cincinnati
18. Pittsburgh
19. Arizona
20. Texas Tech
21. Boise St
22. Georgia
23. North Carolina
24. Oregon
25. Missouri

I'm Presuming you want how the top will end up.
:) Make A note of it!
You heard it here first!:gary:

OU_Sooners75
5/17/2010, 11:51 AM
Alabama #1. Florida has lots of speed and talent so don't count on them being too low.

Speed and talent does not make you a great team.

We went 8-5 last year...we had plenty of speed and talent.

Florida is missing Jebus Teblow. They are also missing the bulk of their defense and a good chunk of their offense.

Florida is not a top 5 team going into the season this year.

meoveryouxinfinity
5/17/2010, 04:45 PM
Speed and talent does not make you a great team.

We went 8-5 last year...we had plenty of speed and talent.

Florida is missing Jebus Teblow. They are also missing the bulk of their defense and a good chunk of their offense.

Florida is not a top 5 team going into the season this year.

So what games are they going to lose?
DATE OPPONENT TV TIME (ET)
9/04 Miami (OH) TBA W
9/11 South Florida TBA W
9/18 @ Tennessee TBA W
9/25 Kentucky TBA W
10/02 @ Alabama TBA L
10/09 LSU TBA TOSSUP
10/16 Mississippi State TBA W
10/30 vs. Georgia TBA W
11/06 @ Vanderbilt TBA W
11/13 South Carolina TBA W
11/20 Appalachian State TBA W
11/27 @ Florida State TBA TOSSUP

At worst they're 9-3. More likely 10-2 and could well likely be 11-1. Undefeated if they get past Alabama.