PDA

View Full Version : So...

the_ouskull
5/15/2010, 04:13 PM
...what's the current roster for the coming season? Have we signed everybody we're going to sign? Who is/isn't eligible to play this season?

I tend to follow current players more than potential ones, but now that the potential guys are our guys, I need to start taking a look. :D

the_ouskull

stoopified
5/15/2010, 06:51 PM
...what's the current roster for the coming season? Have we signed everybody we're going to sign? Who is/isn't eligible to play this season?

I tend to follow current players more than potential ones, but now that the potential guys are our guys, I need to start taking a look. :D

the_ouskull

6'10 Ahmed FR-European big man,how tough,mature is he?That will determine when and IF he plays this year,good skill set.
6'9 Thompson JR- Ohly played 24 minutes a game as a so,avg 8.6 ppg,4.4rpg,just a body or a solid talent that can be molded?
6'8 Hardrick SO.-Barely played last season,injury-related or scholly waste,what is the ?
6'8 Fitzgerald SO- IF he comes in in shape and plays hard he can be solid starter(IF not, see last year)
6'7 Washington JR-Encouraged by 13 rpg in juco,obviously the kid has a lot of want-to.
6'7 Neal FR-Personally I see a Minor-like player(not saying he WILL be),who played hard in HS,carry it over? Who Knows?
6'6 Clark FR-Most exciting incoming player,hopefully he learns valuable lesson from the Burger Boys last year
6'5 Davis SR-You know you get hustle,hard work,toughness;hopefully he can find his jumper.
6'3 Taylor FR-Talented athlete,hoping he brings a lunchpail and hardhat.
6'3 Pledger SO Good shooter,will be play D this year?
6'1 Newell FR-On paper possibly the steal of this late spring class.
6'0 Blair SO-Brings D-1 pg experience with solid frosh numbers

Pretty sure that is where we stand now,still waiting on Noreen who is supposed to decide on the 19th.There are several threads that could have answered this question BUT this one gave me a chance to give a roster rundown. I am strangely giddy about next season.

Collier11
5/15/2010, 07:20 PM
Capel said he isnt necessarily done but isnt gonna waste a scholly just to fill a spot

Salt City Sooner
5/15/2010, 09:24 PM
OUHoops has a thread saying we just got a verbal from Miss. St. transfer Romero Osby (6'8", 230 lbs.) .

stoopified
5/15/2010, 11:02 PM
OUHoops has a thread saying we just got a verbal from Miss. St. transfer Romero Osby (6'8", 230 lbs.) .I heard that too.My gut reaction is that we don't need another 6'8 230 forward who wants to shoot threes,we NEEED bangers.I wonder if Noreen called Capel to say he was going elsewhere?Whatever my feelings,I trust Jeff,that is why he gets the big $$$.

yankee
5/16/2010, 12:37 AM
OUHoops has a thread saying we just got a verbal from Miss. St. transfer Romero Osby (6'8", 230 lbs.) .

he was a former 4* star prospect, and we did offer him back in '08.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Romero-Osby-31010;_ylt=AkPmZQIm9O4jO.dxLqYRsp7SO5B4

this season he averaged 4.3 points and 2.5 rebounds in about 13 MPG for the bulldogs.

the_ouskull
5/16/2010, 01:29 AM
Crap. How come GOOD players don't transfer in? This would have never happened if Lou Moore were still alive.

the_ouskull

the_ouskull
5/16/2010, 01:35 AM
Pretty sure that is where we stand now,still waiting on Noreen who is supposed to decide on the 19th.There are several threads that could have answered this question BUT this one gave me a chance to give a roster rundown. I am strangely giddy about next season.

Just looking at your list, without knowing much else about how the numbers, etc... will play out or anything. I'd say our starting five would be Thompson or Fitzgerald, Washington or Fitzgerald, Davis, Pledger or Taylor, and Blair. Our first players off of the bench will be Clark, Pledger or Taylor, and the odd man out in the Thompson/Fitzgerald/Washington thing. Also, Neal will get pretty significant minutes, especially early, as will Newell.

I like that there's a lot of talent at/around the same level on this team. It makes everybody more hungry, which makes everybody better, or makes the weak ones quit. Either way, I'm good.

the_ouskull

Collier11
5/16/2010, 01:38 AM
I already like this team more than I ever liked last seasons :D, and thats even knowing the preseason hype of last season cus I know these guys will play hard

Eielson
5/16/2010, 04:09 PM
I'd say our starting five would be Thompson or Fitzgerald, Washington or Fitzgerald, Davis, Pledger or Taylor, and Blair.

The crazy thing about this lineup is that anybody (except probably not Hardrick) could start.

Eielson
5/16/2010, 04:19 PM
Crap. How come GOOD players don't transfer in? This would have never happened if Lou Moore were still alive.

the_ouskull

For what it's worth, he was the #57 rated player in the nation coming out of high school according to rivals, and this was what they said about him:

"A jack of all trades type of player, Osby has the size and versatility to impact the game both inside and outside. He can both make the three-pointer, score on the interior and passes the ball well off the dribble. An intelligent player on both ends of the court, Osby does need to improve his lateral quickness for defending the small forward position."

Collier11
5/16/2010, 05:02 PM
Yea but Ryan Wright was a big time recruit as well, lol

TopDawg
5/17/2010, 12:26 AM
Yea but Ryan Wright was a big time recruit as well, lol

...and I'd love to have him for one more year!

Collier11
5/17/2010, 12:29 AM
I wouldnt, he was a shorter version of Longar Longar. Sure, he played hard but he rarely offered us that much for all the talent

OUmillenium
5/17/2010, 08:25 AM
Outside of a few minutes, Wright's basketball career was non-productive. Thanks for your hard work and dedication Ryan but no more of your court time is needed.