PDA

View Full Version : If OU doesn't deserve a Top 10 ranking . . .

Jacie
5/15/2010, 07:24 AM
. . . does sa*et deserve a #3?

It just seems a little strange to me that they can lose their only two stars on offense, the heart and soul of their defense and still be expected to be a National Champion contender.

I know, they recruit well and have five-star guys taking over for the ones that left, just like us. But #3? That means they are just a lucky bounce from being #1.

Besides the orange faithful and the guys who voted on the Preseason Top 25, who else, at least on this board, thinks the whorns are a legitimate #3?

If not, where should they be at the start of the season?

SunnySooner
5/15/2010, 07:33 AM
I thought the same thing, sounds awfully high for a program that just lost the only people capable of actually scoring. Their oline, which wasn't all that great last year, took a hit as well, did it not? We all know what that means. Their schedule is ridiculous, shocker, but they could easily lose at Tech and at Nebraska, who will be out for blood after the Big 12 screwjob. They may be top 25, but not top 5.

Crucifax Autumn
5/15/2010, 07:39 AM
No worries. They'll fall when OU hands them the first of their 4 losses.

Breadburner
5/15/2010, 07:40 AM
Pre-season rankings dont mean doodalysquat.....

delhalew
5/15/2010, 08:23 AM
Nebraska will bring the pain down on those sorry assed long whorns. What ever self respect they have left after we are done with them, will be totally obliterated by the Huskers. That fan base deserves retribution.

JLEW1818
5/15/2010, 08:40 AM
texas reminds me of us last year. (minus a proven qb coming into the season)

CaliBornSoonerBred
5/15/2010, 09:25 AM
I'd say they're probably deserving of a top 15-20 range just because they have had some good recruiting classes but losing pretty much all of your playmakers on offense and defense and plugging in untested kids def takes them out of the top 5-10. If we come together early in the season with some difficult tests.....this could be another 65-13 year.

Mr. Nuke
5/15/2010, 09:35 AM
Nebraska will bring the pain down on those sorry assed long whorns. What ever self respect they have left after we are done with them, will be totally obliterated by the Huskers. That fan base deserves retribution.
Nebraska lose to them on some b/s play or call. NU's last three losses to Texas have been by a combined 6 points. We've seen the 0:01, the 2006 game would've been a Nebraska win without a Terrance Nunn fumble literally all he had to do was go down and the game would've been over... I would love to get retribution, but I'll be waiting until the clock reads 0:00 and the referees are off the field this time before celebrating.

oumartin
5/15/2010, 11:18 AM
Heres an idea, How about actually winning the RRS and then not having to worry about where they are ranked.

whether anyone here wants to admit it they have the upper hand in the RRS over the past few years, plus they are consistantly ranking in the top couple in the recruiting rankings. I see people on here talking how these recruits OU gets are gonna really help right away. Don't you think Texas is capable of doing the same thing?

To me it comes down to winning that game in October, Until OU does they then we really have no gripe

ndpruitt03
5/15/2010, 11:28 AM
I think OU's recent reputation is hurting them right now. Texas doesn't have that reputation anymore because they've won some big games instead of losing every single one of them over the last 5 years like we have.

Soonermagik
5/15/2010, 11:43 AM
We were ranked liked pre-season #3 last season.. we all see how that turned out. Granted we had injuries, but that just goes to show you pre-season rankings are just that... preseason. It just gives people a chance to talk about the upcoming season.

Texas will lose 3-4 games. They lost Earl Thomas, Sergio Kindle, Jordan Shipley and Colt McCoy. Those were their 4 best players, so they will notice a big fall off. It's a cycle that all elite teams go through every 3-4 years. Preseason is a bit of a joke, but Texas deserves to be a top 15 team until they lose.

Oh.. and Florida will have problems too. They lost Tebow, Hernandez, Joe Haden, the center Pouncey, Dunlap etc..

Leroy Lizard
5/15/2010, 11:47 AM
I suggest that our Sooner players do something about it.

Whining is not an option.

soonervegas
5/15/2010, 12:00 PM
It is somewhat based upon how Gilbert played in the championship game. Pundits are projecting him to be really good considering he was thrown to the fire, didn't wilt, and actually pulled them to within 7 once....I believe.

Like a previous poster said, they are going to get the pub as long as we continue to be their Beyoaaattchh. Only way to change it is to change recent history in the Cotton Bowl.

jumperstop
5/15/2010, 12:23 PM
It is somewhat based upon how Gilbert played in the championship game. Pundits are projecting him to be really good considering he was thrown to the fire, didn't wilt, and actually pulled them to within 7 once....I believe.

Like a previous poster said, they are going to get the pub as long as we continue to be their Beyoaaattchh. Only way to change it is to change recent history in the Cotton Bowl.

What people seem to forget is that the majority of Gilbert's passes were to the Shipley, who is no longer on the team.

JLEW1818
5/15/2010, 12:24 PM
Heres an idea, How about actually winning the RRS and then not having to worry about where they are ranked.

whether anyone here wants to admit it they have the upper hand in the RRS over the past few years, plus they are consistantly ranking in the top couple in the recruiting rankings. I see people on here talking how these recruits OU gets are gonna really help right away. Don't you think Texas is capable of doing the same thing?

To me it comes down to winning that game in October, Until OU does they then we really have no gripe

that is a great idea. :pop:

oudavid1
5/15/2010, 12:32 PM
They really might lose to A&M, hell im worried about us and A&M.

JLEW1818
5/15/2010, 12:35 PM
yah, I've been to the last 2 games in College Station.. 2006 was fun, and laughable, since they lost the game for having 12 men on the field basically.

2008 was really fun. I think we set a new record for points allowed by the aggies, at Kyle Field. And it was Sam's 21st birthday

TahoeSOONER
5/15/2010, 12:45 PM
Texas deserves the benefit of a top 5 ranking based on what they did last year. Anyone thinking Gilbert is going to be anything but good doesn't understand the skill set this kid has under center. OU should be the better team but that doesn't always add up to a W. If Texas has any running game they are going to be tough with a very stingy defense. As usual, who runs the ball and limits turnovers will win the RRS but that typical of any football game. They are the better team until OU takes it to them and this year is huge for OU to stop the bleeding while Gilbert is young.

JLEW1818
5/15/2010, 12:48 PM
They have to have a run game this year. Gilbert is not near the runner McCoy was.

and it has been proven this decade, under Brown, the texas offense struggles when they don't have a running qb. at least against Oklahoma.

(OUr run game has sucked that last 2 years against texas, the RRS always comes down to which team rushes for the most yards, this decade)

TahoeSOONER
5/15/2010, 12:53 PM
I have a good feeling about the running game and OUr defense should be head hunting all year. Texas is going to be tough but if OU runs the ball, ala Bama, it will open up everything down field. On paper, OU will have the better offense and defense so I hope they come to play a very physical style of game in Dallas. I like OUr chances if they line up in the I and try to run downhill. Just beat'em up upfront!

Dan Thompson
5/15/2010, 01:00 PM
I'm sure it has been said here before that is does not mater where you start, but where you finish.

JLEW1818
5/15/2010, 01:33 PM
2004 Auburn, 2009 Cincy, 2009 Boise, 2009 TCU all wish they coulda started number 2

Salt City Sooner
5/15/2010, 03:54 PM
I think OU's recent reputation is hurting them right now. Texas doesn't have that reputation anymore because they've won some big games instead of losing every single one of them over the last 5 years like we have.
:rolleyes:

gaylordfan1
5/15/2010, 04:35 PM
I hate Te*as, but why wouldn't they be at least in the top five? I know who they lost, but they went to the big game last year. The same has happened with us in the preseason rankings following our previous title game appearance. So, I'm ok with it. We will just have to beat them and it will all work out. We will move up and they will move down.

mehip
5/15/2010, 05:43 PM
All we have to do is settle it on the field. If we get past this slump and beat Texas the polls will take care of themselves. Besides, we need to prove that our o-line, RBs and receiving corp are better than 8-5 this year.

TXBOOMER
5/15/2010, 07:02 PM
OU has a lot to prove this year. I can't wait. I can see us losing zero and I can see us losing four. I believe that is also the media perception. It doesn't surprise me to not be ranked in the top 10.

VA Sooner
5/15/2010, 07:40 PM
I thought the same thing... a little bit inflated considering they're losing their winningest QB, best receiver, all-world cornerback and quite a few good linebackers.

They're reloading with freshmen and sophomores and there's still no go-to receiver from spring ball. And the running game still needs someone to stand up and be it.

I like their top 5 ranking... give it to them until the Red River Rivalry, which will be a great game this year, and again... go a long ways to deciding the Big 12 South... again.

The sleeper team... Texas A&M.

JLEW1818
5/15/2010, 07:41 PM
2010 Texas A&M = 2009 Oklahoma State

ndpruitt03
5/15/2010, 08:07 PM
Texas A&M=paper tiger

OU_Sooners75
5/15/2010, 08:42 PM
Who cares where they start?

I mean, why in the hell is this even being talked about here?

It matters where you finish...it matters what you do every week.

If OU takes care of business every week and wins...then they will be in the BCS title game...their pre-season OOC pretty much makes it a lock...if we go undefeated we will be playing for #8.

Stating that...it means we would beat Texas along the way...so it really does not matter.

All we should worry about is what OU can do and worry about if we can do it, not what Texass is ranked by a poll in May!

JLEW1818
5/15/2010, 10:38 PM
what makes you so confident?? where you start does matter at times. Tell that to 2004 Auburn, 2009 Cincy, 2009 Boise State, and 2009 TCU

If Alabama, Ohio State, and Oklahoma run the table.... WE WILL NOT GET IN THE BCS TITLE GAME.

Alabama plays Penn State and Ohio State plays Miami. So there is their "out of conference" argument.

so yes it matters where you start. And matters what happens to other teams.

were u preaching the same thing in 2008 ?? or did you not care if texas tech beat texas?

ndpruitt03
5/15/2010, 10:40 PM
Like it or not in this system where you start matters. OU and USC were 1/2 all year they got to the NC game.

MamaMia
5/15/2010, 10:52 PM
We have to beat them this year.

Soonermagik
5/15/2010, 11:58 PM
what makes you so confident?? where you start does matter at times. Tell that to 2004 Auburn, 2009 Cincy, 2009 Boise State, and 2009 TCU

If Alabama, Ohio State, and Oklahoma run the table.... WE WILL NOT GET IN THE BCS TITLE GAME.

Alabama plays Penn State and Ohio State plays Miami. So there is their "out of conference" argument.

were u preaching the same thing in 2008 ?? or did you not care if texas tech beat texas?

You make some good points. However, you have to factor in strength of schedule and the perception of voters. Don't think for a second if OU starts hammering teams on that schedule that they wouldn't jump a Boise State who is playing Nevada State.

gaylordfan1
5/16/2010, 12:12 AM
I totally could be wrong, but I don't think SOS is factored into the BCS. It will only factor in with the voters.

Salt City Sooner
5/16/2010, 12:39 AM
SOS is still a component in the computer portion of the formula.

ndpruitt03
5/16/2010, 12:41 AM
SOS is still a component in the computer portion of the formula.

Not really. It's more of a factor in the polls than it is on any computer. Boise State etc won't get the rankings because they play nobody.

TexasLidig8r
5/16/2010, 08:52 AM
Three is too high for us.

Too many question marks on offense.. losing three offensive linemen, new QB, losing Shipley... and, a new offense this year. Gilbert under center, more downhill running. A LOT of question marks.

Defense looks to be very very good... Even with the loss of Kindle, Houston and Thomas.

As for Nebraska.. wake me up when they find an offense.. and offensive coordinator.

JLEW1818
5/16/2010, 09:36 AM
You make some good points. However, you have to factor in strength of schedule and the perception of voters. Don't think for a second if OU starts hammering teams on that schedule that they wouldn't jump a Boise State who is playing Nevada State.

correct, but my example was Alabama, Ohio St, and Oklahoma all going undefeated. The Boise going undefeated is another argument, that i don't think anybody really has the answer to.

Alabama will start off 1, Ohio St will start top 4 easily. Gun to the head? We start off at 11-13.

JLEW1818
5/16/2010, 09:38 AM

Too many question marks on offense.. losing three offensive linemen, new QB, losing Shipley... and, a new offense this year. Gilbert under center, more downhill running. A LOT of question marks.

Defense looks to be very very good... Even with the loss of Kindle, Houston and Thomas.

As for Nebraska.. wake me up when they find an offense.. and offensive coordinator.

don't worry Lid, we basically had yall's situation last year.

you know, on the good side of this. Voters respect Oklahoma and Texas enough to still keep them top 5, after coming off a great season, but losing a lot.

meoveryouxinfinity
5/16/2010, 11:45 AM

their lack of offense didn't seem to bother them last year against Texas.
Or us.

NOVSooner
5/17/2010, 04:29 PM
the fact of the matter (and what is going to take place should we beat texas this year) is this: should we beat texas this year, the talk in the media will be, "look at what texas lost last year coming into this season. If OU didn't win this one we would be hearing negative talk out of Norman about Bob Stoops." I can hear herbstreit saying it now. unless we flat out dominate on the field and on the scoreborard in the RRS, excuses will be made for texas losing rather than credit given for OU winning.

OU_Sooners75
5/18/2010, 09:07 AM

Jlew...it only matters when it comes to the polls.

However, it does not matter when it comes to winning games.

Fact is, if OU goes 13-0 before Bowl game...they will be in the BCS Championship game...no matter if they start off at #1 or #19.

Some schools it does matter.

Auburn in 2004 is the only one I can even think of that has a legit argument about anything.

Cincy got blasted by Florida...it proved to everyone they did not belong in the BCS Championship.

Boise, maybe they should petition to get out of the POS WAC. TCU...didnt they lose their bowl game to Boise State?

Sorry, but if you realistically think Boise would have held a candle to Texas or Bama or Florida last year, you are nuts.

OU_Sooners75
5/18/2010, 09:14 AM
I totally could be wrong, but I don't think SOS is factored into the BCS. It will only factor in with the voters.

You are not wrong on either account.

However, to elaborate...if OU is ranked lower than Boise State and OU beats a top 10 Texas team while Boise State beats a lowly Toledo team...dont think OU does not jump the Broncos in the polls.

BCS may prohibit the computers from using SOS...but they cannot stop that perception when it comes to the human polls.

CincySooner
5/18/2010, 10:10 AM
Not really. (SOS is) more of a factor in the polls than it is on any computer.

BCS may prohibit the computers from using SOS...

Just FYI on the SOS subject...
While there is no separate, explicitly stated SOS component in the BCS formula (like there was from 1998 through 2003) many, if not all of the computer rankings use SOS as part of their individual ranking process.

The manifestation of the SOS evaluation may vary from out-right calculation of opponents' W/L record and opponents' opponents' W/L records to less direct method of determining schedule strength, such as Sagarins ELOCHESS algorithim geared toward evaluating the "expectation" of a win.

Think of each computer poll as another voting poll. You wouldn't want a human to cast a vote based soley on SOS, and at the same time you wouldn't want a human to completely disregard SOS. While SOS is not the only factor to consider when ranking teams, it is included as part of the overall ranking calculation for most, if not all, of the computer rankings.

BIG_IKE
5/18/2010, 11:14 AM
I thought the same thing... a little bit inflated considering they're losing their winningest QB, best receiver, all-world cornerback and quite a few good linebackers.

They're reloading with freshmen and sophomores and there's still no go-to receiver from spring ball. And the running game still needs someone to stand up and be it.

I like their top 5 ranking... give it to them until the Red River Rivalry, which will be a great game this year, and again... go a long ways to deciding the Big 12 South... again.

The sleeper team... Texas A&M.

Well, the Whorns actually return alot more than one would think.
They return all of their running backs from 2009. And I know there is a perception that they dont have any, but this "no name" group rushed fro 25 touchdowns and over 2,000 yards. (they return more ground yardage than we do).

They also return over 2,000 yards worth of receiving. They lost Ship, but return the next 7 guys. At least 4 current or former starters among the bunch.

On Defense, they return 3 starters at LB, 2 starters on the DL, 3 starters in the Secondary and the enitre 2nd string in the secondary.

I think they are Top 5. Dont see why they would not be. We just need to beat them. they have finished Top 5 in 04',05'08'09'. Im not sure why people just think they were wiped out. They return 16 starters.

I WANT them to be ranked high when we play them. As easy as thier OOC is, that shouldnt be a problem.

ndpruitt03
5/18/2010, 11:23 AM
When you lose a QB that's a huge difference from top 5 and boarderline top 25. That's what happened with OU last year.

TexasLidig8r
5/18/2010, 11:45 AM
When you lose a QB that's a huge difference from top 5 and boarderline top 25. That's what happened with OU last year.

Your offensive line was a sieve last year and has a lot of question marks this year. That's what happened to you last year (along with the injuries)

oudavid1
5/18/2010, 11:54 AM
2010 Texas A&M = 2009 Oklahoma State

hahaha, god i hope your right

Salt City Sooner
5/18/2010, 12:28 PM
Just FYI on the SOS subject...
While there is no separate, explicitly stated SOS component in the BCS formula (like there was from 1998 through 2003) many, if not all of the computer rankings use SOS as part of their individual ranking process.

The manifestation of the SOS evaluation may vary from out-right calculation of opponents' W/L record and opponents' opponents' W/L records to less direct method of determining schedule strength, such as Sagarins ELOCHESS algorithim geared toward evaluating the "expectation" of a win.

Think of each computer poll as another voting poll. You wouldn't want a human to cast a vote based soley on SOS, and at the same time you wouldn't want a human to completely disregard SOS. While SOS is not the only factor to consider when ranking teams, it is included as part of the overall ranking calculation for most, if not all, of the computer rankings.
SOS is in every computer poll that the BCS uses. Here's a link to all of their respective sites. It says it's in there in every one of them.

http://www.bcsfootball.org/news/story?id=4765872

ndpruitt03
5/18/2010, 12:55 PM
Your offensive line was a sieve last year and has a lot of question marks this year. That's what happened to you last year (along with the injuries)

Texas loses what 3 starters on the line? I think OU had 3 lost going into last year. Trent Williams and Brian Simmons were the only 2.

MiccoMacey
5/18/2010, 01:38 PM

Your Oline isn't going to fair much better.

The main difference this Texas team has over OU's team last year is your QB position is set going into spring and summer. We thought we'd have Sam, so our backups weren't as prepared as Gilbert will be this year. Gilbert may only have one game experience as the true leader, but he also has an entire offseason to learn his offense and establish his leadership.

And actually, at one point during the summer, Landry Jones was behind Drew Allen on the QB chart. I think the main reason LJ was the second string guy against BYU is that they didn't/couldn't foresee Sam getting hurt in the first half of the game, and they didn't want to burn Drew Allen's redshirt year for what was expected to be mop-up duty. Then when Sam got hurt, they had no choice but to use Landry.

As for their defense, they probably have less holes to fill than we do. They lose their star (Kindle or Thomas), but so do we (McCoy).

And they only lose one LB (Muckleroy) and one safety (Thomas). And they return a former starting LB coming off injury who didn't play last year (Norton). The Texas defense will be solid.

I still believe Texas struggles mightily on offense. And I don't think they deserve a #3 ranking (although top ten is fair based on their defense).

TexasLidig8r
5/18/2010, 01:56 PM

The main difference this Texas team has over OU's team last year is your QB position is set going into spring and summer. We thought we'd have Sam, so our backups weren't as prepared as Gilbert will be this year. Gilbert may only have one game experience as the true leader, but he also has an entire offseason to learn his offense and establish his leadership.

And actually, at one point during the summer, Landry Jones was behind Drew Allen on the QB chart. I think the main reason LJ was the second string guy against BYU is that they didn't/couldn't foresee Sam getting hurt in the first half of the game, and they didn't want to burn Drew Allen's redshirt year for what was expected to be mop-up duty. Then when Sam got hurt, they had no choice but to use Landry.

As for their defense, they probably have less holes to fill than we do. They lose their star (Kindle or Thomas), but so do we (McCoy).

And they only lose one LB (Muckleroy) and one safety (Thomas). And they return a former starting LB coming off injury who didn't play last year (Norton). The Texas defense will be solid.

I still believe Texas struggles mightily on offense. And I don't think they deserve a #3 ranking (although top ten is fair based on their defense).

Pretty much agree with most everything in here.

Gilbert will make some dumb first year starter mistakes.

The offensive line will take time to not only gell/jell, but to adjust to a new offensive mindset (much more under center).

2010 is a rebuilding year for us, which means probably 2 losses along the way somewhere. As of this point, I don't envision us playing in the BCS championship game.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/18/2010, 02:09 PM
Texas Oline will be a lot better than the Oklahoma line last year...Texas even in rebuilding years has fared better because of not having as much attrition as Oklahoma has, especially on the oline...OU had to put guys on the field last season who hadn't played much of all while Texas is putting guys out there who still have played in plenty of games..Thats one thing I have to give their staff credit for..They get their guys experienced that aren't starting

A Texas rebuilding year is going to be what Lid said..a couple of losses...

Texas deserves there ranking IMO, and most certainly belong in front of Oklahoma for now

Look at their depth chart...the guys replacing the lineman that graduated or left for the NFL are seniors/juniors/ sophmores that have a lot of experience

Cinco Ranch Cougar
5/18/2010, 04:47 PM
The Owls are going to kick their arses at Reliant on September 4th.

mehip
5/18/2010, 04:52 PM

I didn't realize this. ......

So, what does this say about Landry at QB next season? Do we see Allen come in early when we are well ahead? And, will Landry be on a short leash if he is up an down like he seemed last year?

JLEW1818
5/18/2010, 06:45 PM
Jlew...it only matters when it comes to the polls.

However, it does not matter when it comes to winning games.

Fact is, if OU goes 13-0 before Bowl game...they will be in the BCS Championship game...no matter if they start off at #1 or #19.

Some schools it does matter.

Auburn in 2004 is the only one I can even think of that has a legit argument about anything.

Cincy got blasted by Florida...it proved to everyone they did not belong in the BCS Championship.

Boise, maybe they should petition to get out of the POS WAC. TCU...didnt they lose their bowl game to Boise State?

Sorry, but if you realistically think Boise would have held a candle to Texas or Bama or Florida last year, you are nuts.

I don't think we would jump Undefeated Alabama, or Undefeated Ohio State... both will start in top 3... we probably start 11-13

can't you hear it now?? Ohio State or OU??? each has lost a couple title games.. who do we pick?

Since T. Pryor will probably already have the Heisman (jlew 2010 spoiler), i think Ohio State would get it.

OU_Sooners75
5/19/2010, 06:47 AM
I don't think we would jump Undefeated Alabama, or Undefeated Ohio State... both will start in top 3... we probably start 11-13

can't you hear it now?? Ohio State or OU??? each has lost a couple title games.. who do we pick?

Since T. Pryor will probably already have the Heisman (jlew 2010 spoiler), i think Ohio State would get it.

Actually it would not surprise me at all if we jumped Ohio State.

Compare the schedules. If it plays out that OU has the toughest schedule this year, which it could possible be, then I can see OU passing them.

However, I do not see Ohio State or Alabama going undefeated all season. I can honestly say the same with OU.

MiccoMacey
5/19/2010, 01:18 PM
I didn't realize this. ......

So, what does this say about Landry at QB next season? Do we see Allen come in early when we are well ahead? And, will Landry be on a short leash if he is up an down like he seemed last year?

Understand that the part about moving LJ ahead of DA at the end of the summer is pure speculation on my part. I have no inside knowledge to why they were scrambled at the end. That's just what makes the most sense to me of why they were reversed. It's just as possible that LJ was actually better prepared than Drew Allen the week or two before teh BYU gae and the coaches decided to make the swithch. But I do distinctly remember reading Drew was ahead of Landry at some point during the summer last year.

Having said that, the entire year of starts and game experience LJ experienced more than likely propelled LJ waaaaay past anything DA might have had on him last year. I think it's LJ's job to lose, and I also believe he'd have to completely fail before Stoops pulls him for Allen (or Blake Bell).

TexasLidig8r
5/19/2010, 02:01 PM
Understand that the part about moving LJ ahead of DA at the end of the summer is pure speculation on my part. I have no inside knowledge to why they were scrambled at the end. That's just what makes the most sense to me of why they were reversed. It's just as possible that LJ was actually better prepared than Drew Allen the week or two before teh BYU gae and the coaches decided to make the swithch. But I do distinctly remember reading Drew was ahead of Landry at some point during the summer last year.

Having said that, the entire year of starts and game experience LJ experienced more than likely propelled LJ waaaaay past anything DA might have had on him last year. I think it's LJ's job to lose, and I also believe he'd have to completely fail before Stoops pulls him for Allen (or Blake Bell).

Horn lover.... :D

mOUse
5/19/2010, 11:18 PM
Not really. It's more of a factor in the polls than it is on any computer. Boise State etc won't get the rankings because nobody will play them.
Gratuitous Edit.

diegosooner
5/20/2010, 12:07 AM
I like our chances.

Herr Scholz
5/20/2010, 12:56 AM
So do I.

MiccoMacey
5/20/2010, 08:38 AM
Horn lover.... :D

I have killed fully grown men for less than this.

Wait until you find out I am really Herr Scholz. ;)

Soonerntxs
5/20/2010, 01:19 PM
This year is not about what we lost, this year is all about what we have. We have a very experienced bunch of new players that moved along the rotation of unexpected injury lists last year. I think that LJ makes a name for himself this year and proves that he is more than the #2 QB of 2009. As far as the rankings? Well, I'll settle for #12 for now but around Oct, I see us #1,2. Not just because I am a Sooner, but because I am a BOOMER SOONER!