PDA

View Full Version : We're past the HALFWAY POINT

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/14/2010, 01:50 AM
Since the end of the bowls, til the beginning of next season...the countdown is on. 4 months, and ticking!

stoopified
5/14/2010, 07:53 AM
Wake me when we get under 100days.That should be about the time preseason mags come out.

Mad Dog Madsen
5/14/2010, 08:19 AM
I always looked forward to these way early countdowns until the season starts! :D

Crucifax Autumn
5/14/2010, 08:21 AM
Can't get here soon enough.

I'm reminded how far off it is every time I see the counter over at the Hideout and feel like it will never be football season.

olevetonahill
5/14/2010, 09:48 AM
We've had that up fer a long time
I was just noticin how many days had clicked off and thinkin Dayum its gettin close :D

delhalew
5/14/2010, 10:16 AM
The offseason KILLS. I'll have gone bat **** crazy by the time we take the field. I really wish I likes some other sports. Try as I might, they can't hold my interest.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/14/2010, 10:36 AM
The offseason KILLS. I'll have gone bat **** crazy by the time we take the field. I really wish I likes some other sports. Try as I might, they can't hold my interest.I like other sports, too, but mostly when OU wins it all. Nothin'going on in the summer except major league baseball...ugh!

SunnySooner
5/14/2010, 11:05 AM
I hear ya, del, and the worst thing is that CFB has the shortest season. Double whammy. Sucs. Screw it, I'm going to the beach.

KantoSooner
5/14/2010, 11:08 AM
Baseball is not even a sport.

True team sports must be stand-in's for war. Thus, the only obvious candidates are football, rugby, soccer and basketball.

Individual sports must be skills needed for war. Running, shooting, sword fighting, boxing, etc.

Baseball, golf, pool, darts, bowling, etc. are great and require skill. But they are not sports in my book.

<he says as he refixes his monocle in his rheumy eye socket and prepares to relate tales of his youth>

jumperstop
5/14/2010, 11:27 AM
Baseball is not even a sport.

True team sports must be stand-in's for war. Thus, the only obvious candidates are football, rugby, soccer and basketball.

Individual sports must be skills needed for war. Running, shooting, sword fighting, boxing, etc.

Baseball, golf, pool, darts, bowling, etc. are great and require skill. But they are not sports in my book.

<he says as he refixes his monocle in his rheumy eye socket and prepares to relate tales of his youth>

Those are just hobbies in my opinion. It just so happens that people can get paid to play those hobbies and a lot of times they put them on ESPN.

Also rugby has to be one of the best sports ever, behind football. Too bad we don't have any teams around here to watch and they never show it on tv. Anytime it's on, which is rare, I'll sit and watch a match.

badger
5/14/2010, 11:41 AM
Wake me when we get under 100days.That should be about the time preseason mags come out.

I assume we'll have the annual photo countdown?

jumperstop
5/14/2010, 11:54 AM
I assume we'll have the annual photo countdown?

Lets hope, I really enjoyed that last year.

Collier11
5/14/2010, 12:10 PM
112 days to be exact, 21 hours and some change....

Widescreen
5/14/2010, 12:49 PM
I always looked forward to these way early countdowns until the season starts! :D
In that case, only 493 days until the 2011 kickoff. ;)

swardboy
5/14/2010, 04:35 PM
It's going to be extra nice this season to have one of our own in the high profile NFL quarterback position....I don't think even having AD at Minnesota is going to compare to watching Sammy in St. Louie. I'll be breathless whenever he first takes the reigns in a regular season game.

goingoneight
5/14/2010, 04:38 PM
I really hope his OL is competent enough to keep him upright. I have no doubt whatsoever that he won't be able to read the defenses and hit the throws necessary to be successful.

Mad Dog Madsen
5/14/2010, 04:46 PM
I'm actually a little more excited to see big Gerald McCoy in action. I think he's gonna do some damage in Tampa...

ndpruitt03
5/14/2010, 04:48 PM
I think we are only a little over a month and a half away from players reporting.

badger
5/14/2010, 04:52 PM
In that case, only 493 days until the 2011 kickoff. ;)

Wasn't 49-3 a Bed-lam score a few years back? :D

goingoneight
5/14/2010, 04:55 PM
52-9 actually. And it was the most powerful 9 points ever scored in the history of sports.