PDA

View Full Version : History Under Siege

Okla-homey
5/13/2010, 12:26 PM
The Civil War Preservation Trust is the principle entity working to preserve sacred ground where American soldiers fought and died during our Civil War. To date, CWPT has saved thousands of acres.

Each year, CWPT issues a release listing the top ten most endangered Civil War sites. Whether your leanings are Yank or Reb, please consider becoming a member of CWPT. Your membership dues help fund this important work. Your contributions are tax deductible and CWPT enjoys an excellent rating by "Charity Navigator" for efficient use of donated dollars.

To learn more:
http://www.civilwar.org/history-under-siege/

C&CDean
5/13/2010, 01:16 PM
**** you homey you caucasian loving, ****** hating son-of-a-whore who don't know dick about history

Hey, I couldn't resist.

TUSooner
5/13/2010, 01:32 PM
Is there any way to ensure that my money goes toward hiring Civil War re-enactors who are not lumpy, middle-aged farts? I'm pretty sure that the guys who fought were really just kids, and skinny ones at that. I'm tired of seeing historic battles fought between guys that look like me!

C&CDean
5/13/2010, 02:49 PM
Is there any way to ensure that my money goes toward hiring Civil War re-enactors who are not lumpy, middle-aged farts? I'm pretty sure that the guys who fought were really just kids, and skinny ones at that. I'm tired of seeing historic battles fought between guys that look like me!

No ****. I was at Stone Mountain - or maybe it was at Kennesaw, anyhow, they had several uniforms from officers and enlisted soldiers on display. Hell, my wife could wear those things. Them dudes were tiny. I'd bet a 160 pound man was a giant back then.

Breadburner
5/13/2010, 03:20 PM
No ****. I was at Stone Mountain - or maybe it was at Kennesaw, anyhow, they had several uniforms from officers and enlisted soldiers on display. Hell, my wife could wear those things. Them dudes were tiny. I'd bet a 160 pound man was a giant back then.

They didn't have HFCS back then to turn everyone into disgusting fat-bodies......:D

stoopified
5/13/2010, 05:28 PM
Civial War?Isn't that more properly known as THE WAR OF NORTERN AGRESSION?Atrue WHITEY LOVER would know this. :)

SunnySooner
5/14/2010, 06:50 AM

Yeah, I've seen some uniforms from way back when, one was from the Napoleonic Wars, a Frenchie--I seriously think my eleven year old would have had to suck it in, and he's skinny as a rail. It's really weird when you see clothes from even a hundred years ago, and realize how much better health/nutrition has increased the average size of everyday peeps.

I thought about that when we toured Monticello last week, and the tour guide mentioned that Jefferson and Washington were both well over 6 feet, at least 6'2", maybe 6'3". It's strange that two of our founding fathers were such commanding presences in an age when most people were well under 6 feet tall. Made me wonder if their height somehow affected their leadership abilities, and affected the respect they were automatically given. But then, being short didn't seem to bother Napoleon. IDK, my brain wonders about weird **** like that all the time.

Oh, and, good cause, Homey. I hope they can continue to save the land.

Okla-homey
5/14/2010, 09:13 AM

Average height and weight of an American caucasian male in 1860 was 5'4" and 125pounds. As a perhaps interesting aside, intestinal parasites were rampant and chronic which kept a great number of folks' weight down. That, and and they drank poopy water that tended to induce dysentary. Troops on both sides were generally not aware that the coffee tastes better if the water used to make it was gathered upstream of where the fellers did their business.

Crucifax Autumn
5/14/2010, 11:06 AM
Poopy water's not all healthy with vitamins and ****?

SoonerBK
5/14/2010, 11:10 AM
Dude, Seriously...That whole thing was like a hundred years ago or something. You cant live in the past.

Crucifax Autumn
5/14/2010, 11:16 AM
Average height and weight of an American caucasian male in 1860 was 5'4" and 125pounds.

Hell, that's no bigger than my dick or just one of my man boobs!