PDA

View Full Version : My son turned 4 today...

stoops the eternal pimp
5/12/2010, 01:26 PM
Its hard to believe...Just thinking of my wife being in the hospital waiting to have him and me down the hall visiting with family for a minute...someone comes into the waiting area and tells me I need to get to the room because something is wrong, the umbilical cord is around his neck they think.. something about him not breathing..I remember just how quickly I became an emotional mess and by the time I got to the room, I had stopped so that I would not make a bad situation worse with my wife...I walk in the room and my wife is looking at me telling me everything is ok...I have never been so up then down then up again in my life...

Anyway, my son is a lot like me..looks like me(minus the hair), thinks like me, and has a lot of my characteristics of that age..very intense, struggles controlling emotions, has to win at everything...

But I think he has a closer relationship to God than I do...A few weeks leading up to the car accident, he had told me and my wife that the car was going to get hit from behind...and during the time between jobs, he woke me up about 3am to tell me "Don't worry daddy, God takes care of us." and then he just walked back to his room and went to bed...

Anyway, He wanted to go fishing for his 4th birthday and this is what he caught about an hour and a half ago on his lightning mcqueen pole..

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4913/evanfish.jpg

olevetonahill
5/12/2010, 01:46 PM
They grow up FAST bro, Hes One great lookin Boy
Seems like it were just the other day My oldest was born
he be 37 this July

Boomer.....
5/12/2010, 01:48 PM
Awesome! Congrats on raising such a great kid.

NormanPride
5/12/2010, 02:35 PM
Izzat you off camera? You gots purty legs. :D

Congrats, STEP. He looks like a good kid!

stoops the eternal pimp
5/12/2010, 02:38 PM
oh no..my wife goes fishing about 4 times a week and she is the one that handles the fishing duties...thats her knee and arm...

but im sure she appreciates the compliment!

Oldnslo
5/12/2010, 02:38 PM
Beautiful.

I love the time I spend with mine (he's almost 12 now) just playing catch or going to football games. Makes up for all the time I have to yell to get the damn trash taken out!

NormanPride
5/12/2010, 02:43 PM
oh no..my wife goes fishing about 4 times a week and she is the one that handles the fishing duties...thats her knee and arm...

but im sure she appreciates the compliment!

I shoulda known it wasn't hairy enough to be yours... :texan:

stoops the eternal pimp
5/12/2010, 02:49 PM
im trying to turn this one into a good hand..i have a little project going in the yard and he had to get out and help me...Im trying to get him signed up for a summer internship at Dean's farm!

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/898/evandigg.jpg

C&CDean
5/12/2010, 03:03 PM
That's a nice crappie the boy caught. Probably a solid pounder.

Yeah brother, enjoy these times. I had one with a similar problem and he came out fine.

The only problem here is that someday they become teenagers, and then they ain't even worth killing.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/12/2010, 03:10 PM
yup..I m trying and work all that out of him now...he is already well acquainted with a shovel and a few tools...if you need some summer time help dean, he is all yours

C&CDean
5/12/2010, 03:14 PM
Well he does like them John Deeres.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/12/2010, 03:26 PM
yeah he does...somebody stole his first john deere hat that had his name embroided so i had to get him another..

whats funny in that pic above is that he has his JD hat on backwards, his JD "Big Toys bog Big Boys" shirt on backwards, and he has his JD boots on the wrong feet...he still worked though

Collier11
5/12/2010, 03:52 PM
Just remember STEP, you say he is closer to GOD than you but alot of times kids just want so badly to be like their parents, he is probably just mimicking what he sees in you and the Mrs. Keep up the good work, I am excited for the day that I start having kids

btk108
5/12/2010, 04:09 PM
Just remember STEP, you say he is closer to GOD than you but alot of times kids just want so badly to be like their parents, he is probably just mimicking what he sees in you and the Mrs. Keep up the good work, I am excited for the day that I start having kids

Please don't scare us like that! :eek:

Seriously, tho....you'll do great.

stoopified
5/12/2010, 04:11 PM
Congrats STEP.My boys are 6(Ryan) , and 3(Jason). Itis hard to get down when yo have a little boy(or two) who hug you and tell you they love you.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/12/2010, 04:27 PM
yeah...my daughter turns 6 next week so I have a 4 and 6 year old...its awesome to have them around at that age

btk108
5/12/2010, 04:32 PM
step.....freeze them now before they turn into teenagers. I'm warnin ya.

Collier11
5/12/2010, 04:32 PM
Please don't scare us like that! :eek:

Seriously, tho....you'll do great.

If you can do it I can :D

btk108
5/12/2010, 04:34 PM
If you can do it I can :D

heh....dude...don't...DON"T use me as a role model *L*

olevetonahill
5/12/2010, 04:38 PM
C11 ever has kids Ima sellin Tickets !:eek:

btk108
5/12/2010, 04:38 PM
I was changing a power steering hose the other day. The wrench slipped and I got a deep gouge in my hand. My all grown up kids asked me on Mother's Day what happened and when I told them they were both in the garage at the time of the incident, did they not here me cussin? They just looked at each other and said "Meh, when do you stop cussing while you're working on a vehicle?"

btk108
5/12/2010, 04:39 PM
C11 ever has kids Ima sellin Tickets !:eek:

yah...how much ya think you'll get?

btk108
5/12/2010, 04:40 PM
and another thread hijacked....good jorb, Posse

olevetonahill
5/12/2010, 04:42 PM
yah...how much ya think you'll get?

Bro a DUDE givin birth ?
I bet I could get a Boat load of cash fer tickets to that !

Collier11
5/12/2010, 04:44 PM
I gave birth the other morning but thats for another thread

btk108
5/12/2010, 04:45 PM
I have birth the other morning but thats for another thread

A baby Obama?

AlbqSooner
5/12/2010, 07:59 PM
The only problem here is that someday they become teenagers, and then they ain't even worth killing.

When my sister's boy was about 15 I called her to visit. After getting the rundown on how she, her hubby and her 18y/o old daughter were doing, I asked, "How's Allan?"

There was a noticeable pause, a big sigh, and she said, "Bill, do you know an exorcist?":D :D

Enjoy that good looking boy now, there will come a time when you wonder where he went. Don't worry though, if you both live through it, he will be back and be a fine young man.

olevetonahill
5/12/2010, 08:17 PM
I have a Plan
Take the state of Kansas ( cause really who cares about it ? )
Put a mine field and Concertina wire and a Strong fence around it
When ever a Kid hits 13 , Put em in there and dont let em out till they can pass a Common sense test !

What I win ?

Okla-homey
5/12/2010, 08:17 PM
Nice lookin' little feller. Please. Whatever you do, don't let him play soccer. No matter how much he begs. It'll turn him into a weenus with no upper body strength.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/12/2010, 08:27 PM
Nice lookin' little feller. Please. Whatever you do, don't let him play soccer. No matter how much he begs. It'll turn him into a weenus with no upper body strength.

This is truth for boys.

One consistency I've found with every youth football program I've ever coached is that the boys who had soccer backgrounds were some of the biggest pansies on the squad. I'm sure there's volumes of exceptions to the rule, but in each and every case, they were afraid of contact, slow to engage, had horrible hand and foot work, and were weak in drills. Those boys could run for days, but the transition to football is a drastic one for a soccer player.

What's funny is that I'll be damned if the girls game isn't ten times rougher than the boys when it comes to the beautiful game. My Pootie Bear and the girls on her squad flat out bang. And literally outmuscle the boys when they intersquad. So if he DOES play soccer, make sure he plays on a girls team.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/12/2010, 09:21 PM
Meh, we don't do soccer.. He's playing tee ball and 5 year old does coach pitch..he already told me he wants to play football and kiss the girls.. His doctor says he'll get around 6'6-6'7 and my daughter around 6' so I've already got basketballs in their hands

olevetonahill
5/12/2010, 09:54 PM
Nice lookin' little feller. Please. Whatever you do, don't let him play soccer. No matter how much he begs. It'll turn him into a weenus who fixes a 4 stroke lawn mower and thinks its a 2 stroke with Rubber inner tubes .

Fixed :P

starclassic tama
5/12/2010, 10:21 PM
whats up with the florida gator shorts on the youngster

btk108
5/12/2010, 11:30 PM
Fixed :P

this......