PDA

View Full Version : Rondo...

Collier11
5/11/2010, 01:51 PM
Has solidified himself, IMHO, as one of the Top 10 guys in the league after another big time playoff performance thus far and a great regular season in which he set the Celtics record for steals and assists.

Discuss...:pop:

stoops the eternal pimp
5/11/2010, 01:57 PM
Maybe one of the top 10 in the league during the playoffs...regular season, not so much

Collier11
5/11/2010, 02:18 PM
You see the season he had this year? I think he is right there with CP3, Nash, and Williams for the best PG in the league. Throw in Lebron, Wade, Kobe, Amare, who else impacts a game every single night like he does?

He is def top 10-15 IMO, as far as consistent playoff performances go, he might be top 5

starclassic tama
5/11/2010, 02:19 PM
13.7 ppg, 9.8 apg, 4.4 rpg, 2.3 spg, in 81 games played. name 10 guys in the league with a better line then that during the regular season

Collier11
5/11/2010, 02:31 PM
29/18/13 last game and he is 6'1''

18 Rebounds!!!

Sooner04
5/11/2010, 02:41 PM
Has solidified himself, IMHO, as one of the Top 10 guys in the league after another big time playoff performance thus far and a great regular season in which he set the Celtics record for steals and assists.
Not quite. Getting close, though.

If Rondo is top ten in the league, then is he the best point guard? Is he better than Deron Williams? Steve Nash? Chris Paul?

stoops the eternal pimp
5/11/2010, 02:42 PM
Great game for sure..I saw it... impressive...he is a darn good rebounder for his size....but scattered great games don't make him elite...

Speaking of stat lines, I would like my 6'1 point guard to shoot better than 21 percent from the 3 and 62 percent from the FT line...

Collier11
5/11/2010, 02:43 PM
I think he has a greater impact on a nightly basis than guys like Bosh, Carmelo, and some of the others who are considered top guys

stoops the eternal pimp
5/11/2010, 02:44 PM
he really turns it on in the playoffs though ....no doubt

stoops the eternal pimp
5/11/2010, 02:51 PM
Not quite. Getting close, though.

If Rondo is top ten in the league, then is he the best point guard? Is he better than Deron Williams? Steve Nash? Chris Paul?

This....

stoops the eternal pimp
5/11/2010, 02:59 PM
You see the season he had this year? I think he is right there with CP3, Nash, and Williams for the best PG in the league. Throw in Lebron, Wade, Kobe, Amare, who else impacts a game every single night like he does?

He is def top 10-15 IMO, as far as consistent playoff performances go, he might be top 5

yeah each and every night he is a force this time of year..but at look at his regular season stuff when it comes to impact...he had quite a few games he just disappeared and the celtics still won, some pretty easily...

I would probably put him in the 15-20, maybe 25 range overall, but can't say enough about how he raises his game in the post season

Collier11
5/11/2010, 03:04 PM
I also think Westbrook can be a clone of him with continued improvement

stoops the eternal pimp
5/11/2010, 03:16 PM
westbrook is a much, much better scorer...If i had to pick now, I would take westbrook

Sooner04
5/11/2010, 04:59 PM
Westbrook can shoot. Rondo cannot. I mean Rondo is a horrendous shooter. Gottlieb-ian in his ineptitude.

Top 10 is a stretch. He's a baller, and I respect that, but I don't think he's up there with Deron Williams or Steve Nash just yet. I marvel at his rebounding ability, though. It's outstanding.

JLEW1818
5/11/2010, 06:07 PM
Rondo is on his way. I wonder where he will end up in a few years?

yankee
5/11/2010, 08:15 PM
Westbrook can shoot. Rondo cannot. I mean Rondo is a horrendous shooter. Gottlieb-ian in his ineptitude.

Top 10 is a stretch. He's a baller, and I respect that, but I don't think he's up there with Deron Williams or Steve Nash just yet. I marvel at his rebounding ability, though. It's outstanding.

all of this.

yankee
5/11/2010, 08:16 PM
Rondo is on his way. I wonder where he will end up in a few years?

the sky's the limit... but the core pieces around him won't be there in a few years...and if they are, they'll be nothing more than role players. will be interesting to see how boston builds around rondo, because that definitely can affect how great he can be.

ouleaf
5/11/2010, 08:23 PM
Right now I'd say a good comparison for Rondo would be Gary Payton circa 1993-94. Very similar stats and styles of play at about the same time in each of their careers.

Rondo is probably a better rebounder and his assist numbers are better but Payton took better care of the ball and played with decidedly less talent around him than what Rondo has with the Celtics currently.

Scott D
5/11/2010, 08:36 PM
this thread is amusing

the most amusing part is how low the standard has gotten for someone to be considered top 10.

hey the sloth toed kid from down the street with bow legs is top 10 in the NBA by today's standards ;)

Eielson
5/11/2010, 09:29 PM
Closing in on being a top 10 guard would be more like it. I wouldn't even put him on Paul, Williams, Lebron, Kobe, or Wade's level.

Collier11
5/11/2010, 09:45 PM
All of those guys you just listed are Top 10 to 15 in the league, not a big statement there

Eielson
5/11/2010, 10:21 PM
All of those guys you just listed are Top 10 to 15 in the league, not a big statement there

When I said "not on the same level," I meant it in more of a "not anywhere near the same level" way. I'm not saying those are the only players better than him. I'm just saying that those were five players right off the top of my head that Rondo wasn't even close to, and those were just guards. While I agree that I didn't make a big statement, it just goes to show that Rondo isn't yet on the level that you put him.

Collier11
5/11/2010, 10:43 PM
I think Rondo is one of those players that you not only look at stats, you look at his impact on a team and on a game. He seems to have a huge impact on this team in the playoffs for certain and his stats are getting better and better

Sooner04
5/11/2010, 11:31 PM
Right now I'd say a good comparison for Rondo would be Gary Payton circa 1993-94. Very similar stats and styles of play at about the same time in each of their careers.

Rondo is probably a better rebounder and his assist numbers are better but Payton took better care of the ball and played with decidedly less talent around him than what Rondo has with the Celtics currently.
Shawn Kemp in his prime is better than anything the Celtics are getting right now in the interior. That team won 64 regular season games!

No comment on the playoffs, though. Still trying to forget that.

My Opinion Matters
5/12/2010, 08:58 AM
He's the best player on a Celtics team that just dismantled the Cavaliers, I'll say that for him.

Scott D
5/12/2010, 07:20 PM

as a wise man once said, rebounders are born, they're not made.

diegosooner
5/18/2010, 08:54 PM
is a stud!