PDA

View Full Version : Disaster PSA

Okla-homey
5/11/2010, 01:16 PM
Okay sports fans, the guv has declared a state of emergency. That's good.

The bad part is, there are predators who watch for such declarations and are now speeding to Oklahoma to;

1) Show up at your Aunt Margaret's house, contract for repairs, ask for a cash advance to "buy supplies," then disappear.

2) Undertake to perform repairs for which they are not remotely qualified and too often end up doing additional damages.

Additionally, people will contract for necessary repairs, which in most cases, they should not do without FIRST contacting their insurance companies. Which can result in enormous problems.

Please, make sure you help get the word out on all the above if you are in an affected area, or have people you care about who are.

http://www.oag.state.ok.us/oagweb.nsf/0/5259A827DA1E018B862577200058706D

That is all.

btk108
5/11/2010, 04:44 PM
good job, homey!

goingoneight
5/11/2010, 05:36 PM
I told a guy awhile back to literally go **** himself when he tried to pull that shat on me. $1975 to remove a tree because it's roots were clogging sewer lines. I ended up removing the tree with a local company for $450 because it was rotting at the base and too tall for me to do on my own. He kept calling me trying to get a yes, I refused to sign anything... he kept dropping "in the neighborhood" every weekend when I did my lawn work. Turns out the neighbors know about him. He had fake insurance certificates, asks for advances on his work, half-*** does his job and takes people to the cleaners.

The only nice thing I can say for that guy is... at least he's working. Not begging for money on the corner. Though he's not too far off from such a thing.

A Sooner in Texas
5/11/2010, 07:19 PM
When Hurricane Ike blew over every other tree here in the Piney Woods almost two years ago, one of my trees blew down across my driveway, and fortunately not the other way across the bedroom where I was sleeping. I had countless "tree removers" coming by every day for a week wanting anywhere from $150 to $500 to get rid of it.
Eight days later, crews from my county commissioner's office came by, sawed it up and hauled it off. My electricity came on a few hours later. It was a good day.
Homey's right...watch out for the scummy sharks. Hope everyone's ok and that no one had bad damage.

Flagstaffsooner
5/12/2010, 04:55 PM
Hell even I in AZ got an email, just because I am a Sooner.

NEED EMERGENCY ROOF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT?

In the wake of the severe weather that has just plagued our area, we would like to make you aware of a very unique service available to our Sooner Sports customers and affiliates.
Power Roofing, a local contractor and Sooner Sports affiliate, has made themselves available for all roofing related needs including: emergency tarping, ladder assistance, emergency repairs, roofing inspections and replacements. Power Roofing specializes in insurance related claims assistance and is highly regarded as a preferred contractor throughout Oklahoma for their quality workmanship and award winning service.
Call Today (405) 321-POWR (7697) or Toll Free (877) 886-7697 or visit them online at:
www.powerroofing.net (http://www.powerroofing.net)

To unsubscribe from future messages of this type, click here.
To unsubscribe from all future messages from soonersports.com, click here.
Your confidence and trust are important to us. Please review our Privacy Policy.
CBSSports.com College Network - 2035 Corte del Nogal, Suite 250 - Carlsbad, CA 92011

Leroy Lizard
5/12/2010, 05:18 PM
I live in AZ and I didn't get one. :(

Flagstaffsooner
5/12/2010, 05:21 PM
I live in AZ and I didn't get one. :(
Want me to give them your addy?;)

GottaHavePride
5/12/2010, 05:44 PM
If anyone in Norman needs tree cleanup, drop me a PM, I can recommend a really good service. They did a damn good job leaning up a tree in our backyard a few weeks ago.

SOONER44EVER
5/17/2010, 12:56 AM
If anyone in Norman needs tree cleanup, drop me a PM, I can recommend a really good service. They did a damn good job leaning up a tree in our backyard a few weeks ago.

Where did they lean it? :D

SanJoaquinSooner
5/17/2010, 01:01 AM
How come so many of you f****rs live in Arizona? Did you head west and run out of gas?;)

Collier11
5/17/2010, 01:02 AM
After last weeks tornadoes, my future BIL had people driving slowly up and down their neighborhoods scoping out the houses. The ppl in the community eventually started spotlighting them and they raced off

Collier11
5/17/2010, 01:03 AM

I have a good one as well, guy cleaned up a mess of a tree in my yard, charged a fare price, and was very efficient

OUmillenium
5/18/2010, 10:39 AM
Got a long-time friend in the Tulsa area who is a full time landscaper. PM me if you need tree removal/limb cleanup and I will send you his contact info.