PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee floods

Veritas
5/11/2010, 09:14 AM
So how come this isn't getting any coverage? I'm seeing most of the story via blogs and Twitter. The devastation is incredible.

I guess it takes poverty pimps and welfare rats to generate MSM attention.

Crucifax Autumn
5/11/2010, 09:20 AM
I haven't seen anything on CNN today besides TN, Oklahoma weather, and the supreme court nominee and I've had it on for hours.

Crucifax Autumn
5/11/2010, 09:21 AM
Oh...and a lot of the coverage has specifically mentioned the poverty that already existed in TN.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/11/2010, 09:45 AM
It had the nerve and it had the blood.

There never was a disaster like the Tennessee Flood.

Hot Rod
5/11/2010, 10:26 AM
I use to live there in Nashville, in fact stopped by there 2 years to go to visit old friends, and to see the places I was just at, now filled with water is unbelievable. There many relief efforts for people there who've had their stuff destroyed in their homes, their cars flooded, and their lives changed.

It hit most of the areas near the Cumberland River, such as LP Field (home of the Titans, Opry Mills (formerly where Opryland stood), the Opryland Hotel, and the Grand Ole Opry. Crazy enough it actually flooded in areas away from that river, near where I grew up. It's pretty sad.

Frozen Sooner
5/11/2010, 10:35 AM
So how come this isn't getting any coverage? I'm seeing most of the story via blogs and Twitter. The devastation is incredible.

I guess it takes poverty pimps and welfare rats to generate MSM attention.

The heck are you talking about? I'm in finals mode so I'm not watching a lot of news, but the Tennessee flooding seemed to be getting coverage when I watched.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/11/2010, 12:26 PM
I guess it takes poverty pimps and welfare rats to generate MSM attention.An opportunity to condemn the oil industry, especially offshore drilling, is a big headline maker, too.

GottaHavePride
5/11/2010, 03:01 PM
An opportunity to condemn the oil industry, especially offshore drilling, is a big headline maker, too.

And some reports I'VE seen have been talking about how much the media are actually downplaying the extent of the damage that spill is causing.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/11/2010, 03:46 PM
And some reports I'VE seen have been talking about how much the media are actually downplaying the extent of the damage that spill is causing.Isn't that type of a report actually hyping the extent of the spill, haha?

GottaHavePride
5/11/2010, 04:38 PM
Heh, yeah, that's kind of a chicken / egg thing there.