PDA

View Full Version : Norman Tornado today on ground 2 miles south of Owen field....

Soonerus
5/10/2010, 09:31 PM
...whew...lots of damage in East Norman and Lake Thunderbird area and beyond to the East...

HBick
5/10/2010, 10:36 PM
I was on campus during all of this in Gaylord, directly west of the Stadium across Asp. As far as I could tell there was not any damage to the Stadium. At the same time they had people there and were not letting anyone near it unless of course you parked in the stadium parking garage (which I did). I just left about 45 minutes ago, studying for finals.

So as of now, everyone take a sigh of relief, our multi-million dollar scoreboard is okay. I'll post another update tomorrow, I'll be on campus before 10am and will post after my final is over.

Hope this helps, but just got a video text from someone who has a car flipping over under the bridge on highway 9 and highway 77 (classen). He also has pictures of golf balls that managed to make their way over from Perfect swing to the shopping center where that 24/7 gym and Subway is. These golf balls were split in half from the impact of landing on the concrete.

colleyvillesooner
5/10/2010, 10:46 PM
Wow

tommieharris91
5/10/2010, 10:48 PM
I was on campus during all of this in Gaylord, directly west of the Stadium across Asp. As far as I could tell there was not any damage to the Stadium. At the same time they had people there and were not letting anyone near it unless of course you parked in the stadium parking garage (which I did). I just left about 45 minutes ago, studying for finals.

So as of now, everyone take a sigh of relief, our multi-million dollar scoreboard is okay. I'll post another update tomorrow, I'll be on campus before 10am and will post after my final is over.

Hope this helps, but just got a video text from someone who has a car flipping over under the bridge on highway 9 and highway 77 (classen). He also has pictures of golf balls that managed to make their way over from Perfect swing to the shopping center where that 24/7 gym and Subway is. These golf balls were split in half from the impact of landing on the concrete.
Tell him to put it on youtube, then post it here.

GottaHavePride
5/10/2010, 11:52 PM

Yeah, that's where I live. Houses in my neighborhood are OK, though there are a lot of tree limbs down, fences down, even street signs snapped off at ground level, shingles torn off roofs, etc. They shut down Highway 9 because one of the big electrical poles broke and they were worried power lines were going to fall across the highway.