PDA

View Full Version : Val?

JohnnyMack
5/10/2010, 05:02 PM
:gary:

Everyone OK?

NormanPride
5/10/2010, 05:13 PM
Everyone in OKC is gone by now, and in a couple hours the storm will come for us Tulsans. :eek:

tommieharris91
5/10/2010, 05:25 PM
I was wondering when a thread like this would show up.

silverwheels
5/10/2010, 06:13 PM
Spring finally decided to show up. :eek:

yankee
5/10/2010, 06:17 PM
we got packed into the basement here in the library.

apparently a large tornado crossed highway 9 in norman? anyone got any info? that's right by my apartment.

Collier11
5/10/2010, 06:59 PM
were in Norman, the storms never got close to us but they did our family, all are fine

swardboy
5/10/2010, 07:16 PM
Funny how these things seem to come right up I-44 to Joplin.

yankee
5/10/2010, 08:27 PM
terrible damage in norman east of classen off of hwy9. went down hwy 9 as far as i could...homes demolished, trees and power lines snapped like twigs. ****ing terrible sight. keep those folks in your prayers.

olevetonahill
5/10/2010, 08:34 PM
Pics ?

tommieharris91
5/10/2010, 09:01 PM
Watch KFOR or The Weather Channel. It's just aerial shots of flattened homes.

tommieharris91
5/10/2010, 09:03 PM
terrible damage in norman east of classen off of hwy9. went down hwy 9 as far as i could...homes demolished, trees and power lines snapped like twigs. ****ing terrible sight. keep those folks in your prayers.

How far east of classen are we talkin?

bri
5/10/2010, 09:04 PM
The tornado basically formed from out of nowhere at the NWS severe storm labs. Alanis Morissette thinks there's something peculiar about that, but she can't quite put her finger on what.

yankee
5/10/2010, 10:22 PM
How far east of classen are we talkin?

i was maybe 2 or 3 (at the most) miles east of 24th where i saw the really bad stuff.

GottaHavePride
5/11/2010, 12:03 AM
Yeah, I'm about 1/4 mile west of Classen, just south of Highway 9, and I think the tornado formed pretty much over my house and hit the ground a bit east of us. My house is surprisingly OK, but even a block east of me you start seeing fences flattened.

yankee
5/11/2010, 12:46 AM
according to weather.com....here's the location of the 2 norman tornadoes...that one real close to campus seems a bit odd, but i do know that windows were knocked out of the weather center...even though that's not exactly next door to the tornado...and they were moving northeast...oh well, i think it gives a general idea.

http://i41.tinypic.com/1589qc2.jpg

StoopTroup
5/11/2010, 08:17 AM
Everyone in OKC is gone by now, and in a couple hours the storm will come for us Tulsans. :eek:

Tulsa>OKC :D We get a warning shot. :D

C&CDean
5/11/2010, 09:47 AM
Perfect Swing is destroyed as is the boat dealership next door. 30' boats on trailers all upside down and stacked like cordwood. It just missed our property across the street, but some windows were blown out, etc.

Several of my employees have major damage. One guy who lives between Norman and Moore had 5-6" hail that went through his roof, ceiling, and destroyed his home and cars. Several others lost roofs, etc. We still don't have power in half the facility.

We did the redneck tornado drill last night. Our power went out, so we couldn't watch :gary: So like any good redneck would do, we went over to a neighbor across the road who lives on a hill and has a better view and a porch that faces North so we could put the house between us and the flying limbs and sheet metal. We sat on the patio and had several drinks and fired up his grill and cooked pork chops, asparagus, and momma made a big salad and we ate and drank and watched the whole deal.

Our power came on sometime in the middle of the night and I haven't checked to see if my roof is damaged yet. I do have crap all over the pasture. Patio furniture, garbage cans, etc.

Pretty interesting night...

NormanPride
5/11/2010, 09:52 AM
****, glad you're all okay...

Tulsa_Fireman
5/11/2010, 10:08 AM
On a side note, I would violate Meg Alexander.

Dio
5/11/2010, 10:21 AM
We had hail the size of canned hams in Moore.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/11/2010, 10:27 AM
http://www.kfor.com/media/photo/2009-03/Meg-Alexander_45881843.jpg

bri
5/11/2010, 10:39 AM
Perfect Swing is destroyed as is the boat dealership next door. 30' boats on trailers all upside down and stacked like cordwood. It just missed our property across the street, but some windows were blown out, etc.

Several of my employees have major damage. One guy who lives between Norman and Moore had 5-6" hail that went through his roof, ceiling, and destroyed his home and cars. Several others lost roofs, etc. We still don't have power in half the facility.

We did the redneck tornado drill last night. Our power went out, so we couldn't watch :gary: So like any good redneck would do, we went over to a neighbor across the road who lives on a hill and has a better view and a porch that faces North so we could put the house between us and the flying limbs and sheet metal. We sat on the patio and had several drinks and fired up his grill and cooked pork chops, asparagus, and momma made a big salad and we ate and drank and watched the whole deal.

Our power came on sometime in the middle of the night and I haven't checked to see if my roof is damaged yet. I do have crap all over the pasture. Patio furniture, garbage cans, etc.

Whoa, whoa....it took out Perfect Swing? YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR THIS TIME, STORM!! :mad:

Where the f*ck am I gonna play mini-golf now?

Phil
5/11/2010, 10:52 AM

You didn't answer the most important question - is the tailgate trailer OK?

Collier11
5/11/2010, 10:57 AM
Whoa, whoa....it took out Perfect Swing? YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR THIS TIME, STORM!! :mad:

Where the f*ck am I gonna play mini-golf now?

is that place in Moore still around?

TUSooner
5/11/2010, 10:57 AM
We did the redneck tornado drill last night. Our power went out, so we couldn't watch :gary: So like any good redneck would do, we went over to a neighbor across the road who lives on a hill and has a better view and a porch that faces North so we could put the house between us and the flying limbs and sheet metal. We sat on the patio and had several drinks and fired up his grill and cooked pork chops, asparagus, and momma made a big salad and we ate and drank and watched the whole deal....

I don't mean to insult you or unduly alarm you, but that is what your typical New Orleanian would have done. :eek:

Collier11
5/11/2010, 11:04 AM
I don't mean to insult you or unduly alarm you, but that is what your typical New Orleanian would have done. :eek:

there is a joke in there about Katrina somewhere, ill leave it be though :D

btk108
5/11/2010, 11:32 AM
We had hail the size of canned hams in Moore.

OK...at storm spotter school this year.....canned hams were not an option of reported hail size....they asked us to please refrain from making stuff up :D

I asked them if hail the size of C11's genitals would work and the said pea sized would be sufficient.

Collier11
5/11/2010, 11:35 AM
I wondered why you kept grabbing the hail on the ground and stuffing them in your mouth...plus, they make my rod look bigger :D

btk108
5/11/2010, 11:42 AM
:eek:

bri
5/11/2010, 06:18 PM
is that place in Moore still around?

Yes. DAMN YOU, IRONY! DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!

C&CDean
5/12/2010, 09:33 AM

No, they'd be running around out there picking up the crap blowing around and pawning it. Then, they'd be on TV whining about why the POTUS brought this **** down on them and then they'd be demanding some $$ and a crib to live in and then they'd be bitching about the POS crib because it doesn't come with satellite TV.

Other than that, you're probably right.:D

C&CDean
5/12/2010, 09:34 AM
And yes, the tailgate trailer still lives.

yankee
5/12/2010, 09:59 AM
anyone know what the strength of the tornado was? i'm thinking around an F2...

GottaHavePride
5/12/2010, 10:30 AM
anyone know what the strength of the tornado was? i'm thinking around an F2...

Which one? ;)

yankee
5/12/2010, 10:32 AM
Which one? ;)

good point.

hmmm...how about the norman and shawnee ones?

GottaHavePride
5/12/2010, 10:39 AM
Reed Timmer's website (http://www.tornadovideos.net/) is saying Norman looks like EF3 damage, though it could bump up to EF4 if they find stronger damage in the mess.

MrJimBeam
5/12/2010, 10:56 AM
http://www.kfor.com/media/photo/2009-03/Meg-Alexander_45881843.jpg

She has a "just farted" look on her face.