PDA

View Full Version : OU has a 2010 recruit visiting this weekend

stoopified
5/9/2010, 03:28 PM
A friend called and told ne ,he heard this on Tulsa radio.Apparently the kid's name is Noreen,he was Minnesota Gatorade POY is 6'10 220 and recently decommitted from another school due to coaching change;Apparently Capel is still working hard.I have no verification but I had heard this name earlier in recruiting(I'm thinking about 6 weeks ago) but thought nothing about it since then.If he IS visiting this could be interesting.

yankee
5/9/2010, 03:50 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Kevin-Noreen-82898

Red Ada
5/9/2010, 03:54 PM
http://playeroftheyear.gatorade.com/assets/writable/press/2009-10_BK_KNoreen.pdf

The kid sounds good. Hope he signs.

stoopified
5/9/2010, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the links guys,I didn't think to do a web search,I just ran with what i had.He sounds like he would be a killer player to cap this class.His academic credentials make him sound like heis grounded and mature with a good work ethic, just what we need. I have no idea what OUr chances are but the visit is encouraging.

Mad Dog Madsen
5/10/2010, 03:02 PM
So he's class of 2010? When is the deadline for these guys to sign anyways???

Frozen Sooner
5/10/2010, 05:47 PM
So he's class of 2010? When is the deadline for these guys to sign anyways???

No deadline. A kid can just show up on the first day of class if he wants. Of course, they may not have a scholarship for him anymore..

stoopified
5/10/2010, 06:27 PM
I think I read somewhere that Noreen is supposed to sign by May 19.Now if he just decides to become a Sooner that would cap quite a late recruiting push by Capel.

SoonerShark
5/11/2010, 04:56 PM
I think I read somewhere that Noreen is supposed to sign by May 19.Now if he just decides to become a Sooner that would cap quite a late recruiting push by Capel.

I'm just glad we have warm bodies to play next season. I hope chemistry beats talent next year. Three McDs AAs and we only won 13 games in 2010. I am no longer a junk food junkie.

stoopified
5/11/2010, 08:39 PM
I'm just glad we have warm bodies to play next season. I hope chemistry beats talent next year. Three McDs AAs and we only won 13 games in 2010. I am no longer a junk food junkie.Personally I have NEVER liked McDonalds.

pilobolus
5/11/2010, 10:43 PM
No deadline. A kid can just show up on the first day of class if he wants. Of course, they may not have a scholarship for him anymore..

They still have one now, and then one more when Cade graduates next year.

okienole3
5/12/2010, 07:02 AM
What about Honore?

...sooner
5/12/2010, 11:22 AM
What about Honore?

i am curious about him too. i have brought him up before but dont remember what was said. i know omar leary & he told me that barry was still on the team but i dont know ANYTHING about him & he isnt listed on the roster on soonersports.com

...sooner
5/12/2010, 11:22 AM
and does anyone know how the trip went? if he liked OU? any positive feedback?

stoopified
5/13/2010, 04:04 PM
and does anyone know how the trip went? if he liked OU? any positive feedback?
I asked James Hale about the Visit(FWIW) and he said it went well,that Noreen was very positive about OU.The kid is taking a visit to Arky and Indiana before making his decision on May19.

Mad Dog Madsen
5/13/2010, 04:34 PM
He averaged 38.6 points, 16.5 rebounds, 5.9 assists and 3.2 blocks per game his senior season while leading Minnesota Transitions Charter to a 30-3 mark and a Class A state title. Not sure what the competition is like up there but that's pretty impressive...

http://arkansas.scout.com/2/969817.html

stoopified
5/13/2010, 04:49 PM
He averaged 38.6 points, 16.5 rebounds, 5.9 assists and 3.2 blocks per game his senior season while leading Minnesota Transitions Charter to a 30-3 mark and a Class A state title. Not sure what the competition is like up there but that's pretty impressive...

http://arkansas.scout.com/2/969817.htmlThat reminds methat while Noreen played at a small school, his team played a lot of top big schools and tourneys and STILL did well.

microcap52
5/14/2010, 11:01 AM
I for one am proud of coach for putting the train wreck behind him...I think that he knows now that the character of many of the AAU prima donas is less than stellar...as much as I held disdain for Kelvin for cheating, he did do quite well with less than McD's all americans who bought into the work hard ethic of school and basketball...now if he can sign this kid I will again be happy with his recruiting

Mad Dog Madsen
5/14/2010, 02:28 PM
I for one am proud of coach for putting the train wreck behind him...I think that he knows now that the character of many of the AAU prima donas is less than stellar...as much as I held disdain for Kelvin for cheating, he did do quite well with less than McD's all americans who bought into the work hard ethic of school and basketball...now if he can sign this kid I will again be happy with his recruiting

Even if Capel doesn't get this kid I think he's done very well considering all that has happened in such a short time. It wasn't that long ago when we only had 4 scholarship players on the roster.

Mad Dog Madsen
5/19/2010, 08:23 AM
Does anybody know if/when Kevin Noreen signs today?

stoopified
5/31/2010, 09:57 AM
Does anybody know if/when Kevin Noreen signs today?Apparently Noreen not only hasn't signed anywhere yet but has apparently visited OU again.I'm trying to get details but I saw this visit talked about on 2 or 3 of the OKC tv stations.

Eielson
5/31/2010, 01:12 PM
"Seems almost too good to be true, especially when you add in the fact that he scored 36 on his ACT and has a 4.0 grade point average."

WHAT?!

Collier11
5/31/2010, 01:19 PM
We need some high character, high intelligence type of players

Eielson
5/31/2010, 01:34 PM
Less than one tenth of a percent of people who take the ACT receive a 36, which means that less than 1 out of every 1000 people who take the ACT receive a grade as high as he did. The university would probably overjoyed to get this kid even if he didn't play sports.

Apparently only one kid in the entire state of Texas got a 36 on the ACT.

Collier11
5/31/2010, 01:37 PM
I remember a few yrs back when there were two from one HS in Edmond OK

Eielson
5/31/2010, 01:42 PM
To say there are more intelligent people in Edmond than Texas is pretty much a no-brainer. :D

Collier11
5/31/2010, 01:43 PM
Yea, thats an easy one

stoopified
5/31/2010, 03:40 PM
To say there are more intelligent people in Edmond than Texas is pretty much a no-brainer. :DMy neice (one of the validectorians at Edond North this year )scored a34.She's going to Brown on academic scholly.

I wonder if that is what OU has in mind for Noreen?Academic scholly? That was the situation with Gerber.