PDA

View Full Version : Please say a prayer for my 2 year old niece...

OU_Sooners75
5/9/2010, 06:32 AM
Poor girl...

Apparently my niece, Hannah (2), was with her mom and brothers walking their dog. When she tripped over the leash and hit her head on the concrete. She was unable to get her hands down in time to break the fall.

Her mom did not think much of it, thinking it was just a big bump on her head. Well a couple hours later she started puking.

Her mom took her to the hospital. The doctor at first thought severe concussion. They then did a cat scan. That is when they found a brain hemorrhage.

They medi-flighted her to Wichita, Kansas. She has been in surgery for 2 hours.

They think she should be fine. But please keep her and her mom and dad in your thoughts and prayers!

AlbqSooner
5/9/2010, 06:39 AM
Prayers your way.

SunnySooner
5/9/2010, 07:56 AM
In, bro, what a nightmare for everyone.

StoopTroup
5/9/2010, 07:59 AM
You got it Bro. We kind of experienced the same thing once as my Wife's Cousins kid got kicked in the head by a horse. You could see the horseshoe print in her skull. She recovered and is a fine and very pretty young lady now. You could never even tell that happened. Kids are resilient if that had happened to one us older folks...we would have had to been drinking a pint of OVJ to even had a chance of living.

OU_Sooners75
5/9/2010, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the prayers and thoughts....

Update:

She is out of surgery doing well. Still sedated. The neurosurgeon thinks they have stopped the bleeding.

They do not know if she will be "Hannah" anymore until she is able to wake up.

http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif They had to cut into her skull, take a piece of the skull out to relieve the pressure and to operate to stop the bleeding.

I got the full story of what happened. The kids were taking the dog around the block. Jaylen, her oldest brother is taking this really bad. He thinks it is his fault because he was the one that gave the leash to Eli, 6 yr old brother. He could not handle Aubrey (a Great Dane) and the leash got tangled up and unfortunately Hannah got caught in the middle and fell over the leash.

I will post another update. But this is not the Mother's Day I wanted to wake up too!

Looks like she will make it through, but not sure if she will be the same right now!

StoopTroup
5/9/2010, 08:58 AM
Prayers for a quick and full recovery headed that way Bro.

Viking Kitten
5/9/2010, 09:09 AM
Done.

BudSooner
5/9/2010, 09:16 AM
In, best wishes to a speedy recovery.

colleyvillesooner
5/9/2010, 09:57 AM
In. So scary.

tommieharris91
5/9/2010, 09:59 AM
Hope she gets better.

delhalew
5/9/2010, 10:04 AM
I'm in too bro. I also hope her brother can quit blaming himself.

OU-HSV
5/9/2010, 10:12 AM
In.
Please keep us updated.

nmsoonergirl
5/9/2010, 10:32 AM
Poor babies. Prayer to them.

GottaHavePride
5/9/2010, 12:07 PM
Holy cow. In.

OU_Sooners75
5/9/2010, 12:46 PM
Update:

I am still awaiting news on the cat scan that they scheduled for Noon. This scan was to make sure they were able to stop the bleeding. Poor girl has been sedated ever since the flight from McPherson, KS to Wichita's St. Francis Hospital. Tom (my twin brother & her dad) has had nothing but good words about the care she is receiving.

I got word from my brother about an hour ago, that they doctors are very optimistic that she will be just fine. That there is no damage. This is a lot better than what they were saying right after surgery.

The prayers are working, please keep them up and thank you all very much!

They said how it is right now they are looking at her staying at the hospital for 1-3 weeks.

This is very sad. What makes it even worse, she does not have insurance on her.

Both her mother and father do work, but they cannot afford insurance on them or the kids. They are struggling to maintain their house that they have owned now for 4 years. They are trying everything they possibly can to keep their family afloat with out asking for help from Obama or any other government office.

The hospitals have expedited a claim to waive the cost of all of this. I pray to God they do!

This is not a plea for help or anything, outside of prayer. Thanks again for all the prayers. Please keep them up!

Crucifax Autumn
5/9/2010, 12:48 PM
In again.

OU_Sooners75
5/9/2010, 12:57 PM
Here is my niece Hannah a little over a month ago the day before I moved to Omaha, NE...

http://i41.tinypic.com/x0tohv.jpg

Here is Hannah this morning after surgery!

http://i42.tinypic.com/264tamo.jpg

olevetonahill
5/9/2010, 01:05 PM
Poor Baby
Still prayin bro

OU_Sooners75
5/9/2010, 01:06 PM
Just got the news of the cat scan. The swelling is going down and the brain has settled back to normal. It was being pushed to the left because of the swelling.

The bleeding has stopped for now. They are waiting until later to day to wake her up and get all the tubes and everything out of her.

They have said she should be able to wake up and talk and be normal!!!

Thank you all for the prayers, but please do not stop until she comes home.

SunnySooner
5/9/2010, 01:37 PM
That picture breaks my heart!!! Prayers for all of you, her poor mama and dad, I know they would trade places with her if they could, seeing your child suffer is so much harder than suffering yourself.

I once heard having a child is like having your heart walk around on the outside of your body, and that's so true. Loving someone like you love your kids makes you vulnerable to levels of pain you never knew existed, but all the rewards of parenthood make it worth the risk. It's just so hard watching your baby get hurt or sick. Hopefully, she will have no memories of any of this, and her family will have her back to her 2 yr. old self very soon. God Bless you all, bro, thanks for keeping us updated.

tulsaoilerfan
5/9/2010, 01:39 PM
If anyone wants to start a fund raiser for the family i'm in; just let me know where to send the money

OU_Sooners75
5/9/2010, 01:46 PM
If anyone wants to start a fund raiser for the family i'm in; just let me know where to send the money

Thanks for the gesture...but if someone does this, it will have to be someone outside of myself.

If someone does, then they can always contact me and I will forward the message to my brother. Outside of that, I am only asking for prayer, same as my brother.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/9/2010, 01:56 PM
They think she should be fine. But please keep her and her mom and dad in your thoughts and prayers!Heck yes! Poor little thing. Great to hear they think she will come out well.

OU_Sooners75
5/9/2010, 03:23 PM
Update...I will keep sharing the progress all the way until she is allowed to go home.

They finally got her off the respirator and all the other tubes that they had her on.

She sat up and smiled big after waking.

My mom (her grandma) called me. She put her on speaker phone and was able to talk. Though she was still hoarse because of the tubes being in her mouth, she was able to talk.

She knew exactly where she was when she woke. She remembers what happened to her. She is sore and in pain, but she is in very good spirits.

Resiliency is a wonderful thing! God has other plans for her in her life. She is upbeat, but tired.

They will probably be keeping her for one week. But her progress through all this has been remarkable up to this point.

Thank you all for the good thoughts, wishes and prayers. But I must ask that you all continue to keep this little girl in your prayers until she is able to come home.

I am just glad she is going to be OK!!!!!

proud gonzo
5/9/2010, 04:54 PM
great update! hope she bounces back quickly

TUSooner
5/9/2010, 10:39 PM
In and done.. for a full & speedy recovery, and for thanksgiving!

OU_Sooners75
5/9/2010, 10:44 PM
Here are some of her pictures after surgery:

Here is her waking up for the first time after surgery:

http://i40.tinypic.com/qozn60.jpg

Hannah trying to smile and talk to her Mom:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2z6fa0k.jpg

Hannah in a little pain after trying to laugh:

http://i40.tinypic.com/zl2kz.jpg

Hannah sitting up getting ready to talk to Grandma:

http://i42.tinypic.com/166myoy.jpg

Hannah sitting up and smiling (love this this pic not the circumstance):

http://i43.tinypic.com/155nkvr.jpg

Hannah sleeping right after all her tubes and her Neck Brace were finally taken off:

http://i42.tinypic.com/f1dqw5.jpg

Hannah with all her tubes and her brace off and her waking up again:

http://i41.tinypic.com/24c8djr.jpg

StoopTroup
5/9/2010, 10:47 PM
Yeah...Those pics say more than words 75....More prayers headed that way.

Preservation Parcels
5/9/2010, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the updates. Still praying for Hannah. Check into the St. Jude's fund. When my nephew had leukemia, they covered all the bills that weren't covered from other sources.

OU_Sooners75
5/10/2010, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the updates. Still praying for Hannah. Check into the St. Jude's fund. When my nephew had leukemia, they covered all the bills that weren't covered from other sources.

Thanks for the info. I will pass the info onto my brother.

SoonerJack
5/10/2010, 07:46 AM
Praise the Lord that she is doing so much better. Nothing hurts worse than seeing hurting children. I have a niece named Hannah too. :-)

OU_Sooners75
5/10/2010, 02:26 PM
Just got word from my brother, Hannah's dad.

Apparently the doctors are amazed and astounded in what they are finding in Hannah!

The neurosurgeon said he has never seen a child with the extent of injury Hannah suffered heal as fast as she is.

They initially thought it would be 1-3 weeks before she is to come home. However, she has improved so much and so fast that if she continues to show improvement today, she will be able to go home tomorrow!

Thank you all very much for the prayers and good thoughts for a speedy recovery. God works in mysterious ways and this is amazing! Thank you God!

My brother did want me to mention one thing. Though we are only asking for prayers, Hannah does not have insurance. This surgery will cost my brother a fortune. The doctors and care staff have done an amazing job and have taken very good care of Hannah.

Someone, I am not sure who it was, opened a trust fund for Hannah as a donation for helping her family pay the medical bills of this tragic accident.

My brother is looking into if there is an oline link for it. However, he did give me some details if anyone is interested (again all we have asked for is prayer and good thoughts for Hannah).

The trust fund is set up through Home State Bank in McPherson, KS. Hannah Elizabeth Bond is her name, so I am assuming that is the name for the trust fund. If I get more info I will pass it along.

If you are able to help, it would be appreciated, but it is not expected. Like mentioned it was set up by someone and we do not know who.

Again, thanks for the prayers and good thoughts for Hannah and her family! God Bless all of you that have prayed for her!

stoopified
5/10/2010, 02:30 PM
Prayers and best wishes from the Moses family.

olevetonahill
5/10/2010, 02:33 PM

Just saw yer Post Bro
Hell Ill start one

Paypal info
[email protected]

Mark it personal and a Gift and Paypal wont take a cut

Mark it fer 75s Niece

Im pledging 20 bucks right now
Maybe more after I pay my bills .

Collier11
5/10/2010, 10:28 PM
Horrible 75, Im just seeing this...prayers sent

OKC-SLC
5/10/2010, 11:58 PM
what an ordeal. sorry i didnt see this sooner, 75, but i'm in.

Boomer.....
5/11/2010, 07:34 AM
Just seeing this also. Prayers sent! Glad she is doing well now.

boomersooner28
5/11/2010, 08:22 AM
Oh. This breaks my heart. I have a 18-month old. I couldn't imagine. Prayers for the lil angel and family.

OU_Sooners75
5/11/2010, 11:15 AM
Update:

The doctors told my brother (Tom) and his wife (Jessica) to expect her to stay in the hospital for 1 to 3 weeks.

Today, however, she is going home!

Thank you all for the prayers and good wishes. The power of prayer once again prevails!

Again, thanks.

They are not out of the woods quite yet with her. They have mounting expenses that they must now figure out how to pay.

There is a sticky that olevet started if you all wish to donate to help offset the massive bill that has been charged to them.

Tom and Jessica, as well as myself, ask for prayers. But if you are able to help with anything, please talk to Olevet.

Thank you all for the prayers!

Little Hannah is going home just 2 days after surgery! If you cannot tell I am so happy for my niece...what a little trooper she is!

Collier11
5/11/2010, 11:19 AM
She is obviously much tougher than her Uncle :D

Fraggle145
5/11/2010, 12:31 PM
Glad to hear she is okay 75.

Ike
5/11/2010, 12:33 PM
Glad to hear that she's ok, and that the light at the end of the tunnel is working.

olevetonahill
5/11/2010, 02:09 PM
Its amazing how tuff and resilient those little ones are
Fantastic shes gettin to go home so soon .

Osce0la
5/11/2010, 02:57 PM
just now seeing this, prayers sent your way for Hannah (good to see the power of prayer working on her)...Sending prayers the family's way for help on the financial side of it.