PDA

View Full Version : Selling socks on the side of the road? WTF?

GottaHavePride
5/8/2010, 03:26 PM
Seriously, who goes driving down the road and sees a bunch of shady looking people selling socks out of the back of a van and thinks "Yes! I need some socks! I will stop on the side of this highway and buy socks out of the back of some guy's van!"

royalfan5
5/8/2010, 03:28 PM
Where else would you get your socks? The Wal-Marts?

GottaHavePride
5/8/2010, 03:38 PM
I'm thinking yes. If I need socks I'm going to go to a store.

I mean, it's not like Shady Guy is selling some kind of handmade socks or something, he's selling socks that "fell off the back of a truck" for $1 a pair. That or - even MORE disturbing - Shady Guy scavenges socks that get left in laundromats and re-sells them. Gack.

soonerboomer93
5/8/2010, 04:27 PM
well, you atleast save the time of breaking them in by buying pre-worn socks

SicEmBaylor
5/8/2010, 04:57 PM
I'm thinking yes. If I need socks I'm going to go to a store.

I mean, it's not like Shady Guy is selling some kind of handmade socks or something, he's selling socks that "fell off the back of a truck" for $1 a pair. That or - even MORE disturbing - Shady Guy scavenges socks that get left in laundromats and re-sells them. Gack.

They'd do better business if they were selling shoes. Look at how many shoes are on the side of the road. Those people who lose their shoes are going to need replacements a little up the highway when they realized that, somehow, their shoes have fallen out of the car. And who will be there to service that need? Shady dudes selling shoes out of their van on the side of the road. And hell you can't (or shouldn't in my opinion) wear shoes without socks so they have that covered as well.

I admire their entrepreneurial spirit.

GrapevineSooner
5/8/2010, 04:59 PM
For a second, I thought GHP was saying they were selling STOCKS out of the back of a van.

SicEmBaylor
5/8/2010, 05:00 PM
For a second, I thought GHP was saying they were selling STOCKS out of the back of a van.

Eh, they'd be worth about the same.

sooner_born_1960
5/8/2010, 07:02 PM
GHP, some of us might be in the market for socks. How about mentioning the intersection?

Mjcpr
5/8/2010, 07:17 PM
This is where I get all of my socks and underpants.

GottaHavePride
5/8/2010, 08:42 PM
GHP, some of us might be in the market for socks. How about mentioning the intersection?

They were near 77 and Cedar Lane (just south of Highway 9).

That spot seems to be like woot.com, though. One day Shady Guy has puppies, the next day he's got socks.

Crucifax Autumn
5/8/2010, 10:36 PM
I don't think I'd set out to find a side of the road sock vendor if I needed some. I'd go to the store. But if I saw them selling for half price or something and they were actually new, I'd probably stock up. I never go lookin g to buy Tamales from a messican in the grocery store parking lot either, but if the price is right...

proud gonzo
5/9/2010, 04:41 PM
Sometimes they sell potatoes there.

Crucifax Autumn
5/9/2010, 05:52 PM
Sock, potatoes...Perfect! Instant blackjack to whoop some *ss.

Curly Bill
5/9/2010, 10:08 PM
I bought socks at Academy Friday.

Got six pair of Tredz no-shows for $4.99

Also bought me some new Adidas kicks while I was there.

Looked at firearms but I restrained myself from any purchases in that that regard.

StoopTroup
5/9/2010, 10:14 PM
Ya know....I kinda run into some stuff the other day that a friend of mine said fell off the back of a truck or something....anyways...he says it's a butt load of socks and that he can make anyone a really great deal on them and you said you was thinking of going to the walmarts for socks and my friends prices fall even faster than the walmarts prices if you catch him just right. If you want I can make a couple of calls and get ya hooked up.....you know...save ya some bread. Whadaya say? :D

http://blogs.brilliantbutcancelled.com/tv_lover/tvlover_tony_320x240.jpg

StoopTroup
5/9/2010, 10:16 PM
Sock, "D" batteries...Perfect! Instant blackjack to whoop some *ss.

Fixed. :D

Crucifax Autumn
5/9/2010, 11:00 PM
Looked at firearms but I restrained myself from any purchases in that that regard.

You decided 73 was enough? :D

Curly Bill
5/9/2010, 11:02 PM
You decided 73 was enough? :D

LOL...:D

I prolly don't have but about two dozen.

Besides, I have a new Camaro on the brain. I need to be saving my pennies.:)