PDA

View Full Version : Science proves large breastesses make more money

Okla-homey
5/8/2010, 09:07 AM
Here's scence news you can use! Although is seems rather obvious. I wonder if this guy got a gubmint grant to conduct his study? Could a waitress qualify for a business loan for the surgery in order to earn more money? :pop:

Larger Breasts Pay Off for Waitresses, Study by Hotel Professor Finds

May 7, 2010

By Eliza LaJoie

Prof. Michael Lynn, marketing and tourism, surveyed 374 waitresses about their perceived “sexiness,” breast size and other physical characteristics and correlated these results with the amount of tips the waitresses received.

His results indicate that evolutionary instinct trumps the ideals many patrons profess. Though most customers say they reward service, Lynn reports that quality of service has less than a 2-percent effect on the actual tip.

Instead, he found that waitresses with larger bra sizes received higher tips — as did women with blonde hair and slender bodies.

While this may seem self-evident to some, Lynn said that “it’s always important to test what seems like obvious cultural wisdom.”

Lynn believes his research, conducted from a wide range of women, is important because it “fills in some holes” in the area of tipping behavior.

“This study uses a broader array of stimuli as they appear three-dimensionally ... to themselves and their customers,” he said.

Lynn explained that his study could be useful to a potential waitress as it can help gauge her “prospects in the industry.”

“It also informs management decisions about who to hire,” Lynn added, explaining that servers who earn higher tips are more desirable employees because they are likely to stay at their job longer. Higher tips also indicate higher customer approval of the server, and by association, the establishment in general.

“[Restaurants] might very well want to hire waitresses who will earn larger tips,” Lynn said. “[These employees] can largely be identified through their physical characteristics.”

He acknowledged that such an open policy could offend some people. In actuality, Lynn noted that many employers already take into account their applicants’ appearances. He referred to the popularity of Hooters and other similar “breastaurants” that openly capitalize on men’s affinity for “attractive” — and in particular, busty — servers.

“Ugly people are not a protected class, legally,” Lynn said. “It is not in fact illegal to hire only attractive waitresses.”

He also discussed the evolutionary basis for the tipping pattern.

“Evolutionary theories suggest that men [who] find women with large, non-droopy breasts attractive ... would leave more offspring behind,” he said. Such qualities in women suggest greater “reproductive potential,” according to Lynn.

Lynn said that his research implications could plausibly be extended to the world beyond the restaurant as well.

“In general, attractive people earn higher incomes … and are evaluated more favorably,” he said.

Lynn’s results were met with distaste and disappointment from some of his colleagues at the University.

“I am disappointed but not surprised to learn that female servers with larger breasts receive more generous tips,” said Prof. Sherry F. Colb, law, who studies sexual equality.

Colb criticized the tipping system in general as facilitating the kind of discrimination that Lynn uncovered.

“Like the employer who fails to promote an employee because she does not sufficiently conform to the feminine stereotype, restaurant owners share in the blame for utilizing a pay structure that turns unenlightened customers into the ‘boss’ in charge of determining a server’s take-home pay,” she said.

Colb suggested instead that a uniform percentage “gratuity” be charged with each meal.

http://cornellsun.com/section/news/content/2010/05/07/larger-breasts-pay-waitresses-study-hotel-professor-finds

Leroy Lizard
5/8/2010, 09:21 AM
“I am disappointed but not surprised to learn that female servers with larger breasts receive more generous tips,” said Prof. Sherry F. Colb, law, who studies sexual equality.

Colb criticized the tipping system in general as facilitating the kind of discrimination that Lynn uncovered.

“Like the employer who fails to promote an employee because she does not sufficiently conform to the feminine stereotype, restaurant owners share in the blame for utilizing a pay structure that turns unenlightened customers into the ‘boss’ in charge of determining a server’s take-home pay,” she said.

Colb suggested instead that a uniform percentage “gratuity” be charged with each meal.

Communism.

Breadburner
5/8/2010, 09:38 AM
Strippers do too....

yermom
5/8/2010, 09:45 AM
Strippers do too....

i was assuming they were including "waitresses"

GottaHavePride
5/8/2010, 10:11 AM
Communism.

Heh. Or as an alternative, the restaurant could just actually build the "gratuity" into the price of the food, pay wait staff minimum wage, and not allow tipping.

But that would mean the employer would also have to pay taxes on minimum wage, instead of the $2.17 per hour most places pay wait staff.

StoopTroup
5/8/2010, 10:13 AM
Strippers without Tats make mo money than the big tittie girls.

yermom
5/8/2010, 10:14 AM
i didn't think those existed :D

StoopTroup
5/8/2010, 10:27 AM
i didn't think those existed :D

When you find her...make sure you tip her well and even make it rain a bit. Tell her why you made it rain too. Then leave the Strip Club immediately after making it rain. It's probably going to a very good move depending on how she handles it. She might even show you one you didn't see hiding under the thong panty.

YWIA :D

Leroy Lizard
5/8/2010, 10:28 AM
When you find her...make sure you tip her well and even make it rain a bit.

Do they allow such fetishes in strip clubs?

StoopTroup
5/8/2010, 10:29 AM
Do they allow such fetishes in strip clubs?

Sure. What about Ghey Bars? Do they do that there too?

Leroy Lizard
5/8/2010, 10:30 AM
BTW, I understand why girls without tattoos make more money. Tattoos on girls is plain ugly.

Leroy Lizard
5/8/2010, 10:30 AM
Sure. What about Ghey Bars? Do they do that there too?

The one that could tell us hasn't been around for a few days.

Okla-homey
5/8/2010, 12:53 PM
Communism.

Check out said law perfesser who thinks tipping should be banned because ugly girls get less in tips than hawt girls.

http://www.lawschool.cornell.edu/faculty/bio.cfm?id=327

SicEmBaylor
5/8/2010, 01:03 PM
I'm not a fan of ginormous breasts. I like well-proportioned breasts. Just enough that you can wade around in them but not drown. Anything more than a handful is a waste.

Crucifax Autumn
5/8/2010, 01:34 PM
I should be making a ton of money according to that.

delhalew
5/8/2010, 01:40 PM
I'm not a fan of ginormous breasts. I like well-proportioned breasts. Just enough that you can wade around in them but not drown. Anything more than a handful is a waste.

Anyone who says that has never touched a breast:D

Crucifax Autumn
5/8/2010, 01:41 PM
I lick 'em all.

delhalew
5/8/2010, 01:41 PM
BTW, I understand why girls without tattoos make more money. Tattoos on girls is plain ugly.

I like tattoos. I even like girls with sleeves.

delhalew
5/8/2010, 01:50 PM
How big are your hands?
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp235/BrandonRodgers/epic_boobs.jpg

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu83/snowball_orig/notwearing.jpg

LilSooner
5/8/2010, 01:58 PM
Well duh...

SicEmBaylor
5/8/2010, 02:04 PM
I like tattoos. I even like girls with sleeves.

I'm with Leroy on this. I detest tattoos. Nothing makes someone look trashier than a tattoo. About the only time I think a tattoo is acceptable is if you're ex-military and have the rugged looks of Dean.

On a chick? UGLY

SicEmBaylor
5/8/2010, 02:06 PM
How big are your hands?
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp235/BrandonRodgers/epic_boobs.jpg

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu83/snowball_orig/notwearing.jpg

I have small hands.

delhalew
5/8/2010, 02:12 PM
I have small hands.

Well, to each his own, but I have to say that's no way to live your life.

SicEmBaylor
5/8/2010, 02:13 PM
Well, to each his own, but I have to say that's no way to live your life.

I can't make them bigger. =(

delhalew
5/8/2010, 02:17 PM
I'm with Leroy on this. I detest tattoos. Nothing makes someone look trashier than a tattoo. About the only time I think a tattoo is acceptable is if you're ex-military and have the rugged looks of Dean.

On a chick? UGLY

I'm not saying you have to marry her, but if you broaden your horizons you are not often disappointed.

In any case, I'm pretty trashy, and that's how I like my women. Though, I eventually realized I had to marry a good girl. That, however, is beside the point.

SicEmBaylor
5/8/2010, 02:21 PM
I'm not saying you have to marry her, but if you broaden your horizons you are not often disappointed.

In any case, I'm pretty trashy, and that's how I like my women. Though, I eventually realized I had to marry a good girl. That, however, is beside the point.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the size of my hands.

delhalew
5/8/2010, 02:21 PM
I can't make them bigger. =(

LMAO. You know what I mean.

SicEmBaylor
5/8/2010, 02:25 PM
LMAO. You know what I mean.

:D

GKeeper316
5/8/2010, 03:40 PM
Heh. Or as an alternative, the restaurant could just actually build the "gratuity" into the price of the food, pay wait staff minimum wage, and not allow tipping.

But that would mean the employer would also have to pay taxes on minimum wage, instead of the $2.17 per hour most places pay wait staff.

its 2.13 per hour, and they are paid minimum wage if their tips for a shift do not add up to what minimum wage would be for how many hours worked that shift.

tip credit employees havnt had a mandatory pay raise since 1976.

yermom
5/8/2010, 03:41 PM
Anything more than a handful is a waste.

http://likemindr.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Weird_Science1.jpg

GKeeper316
5/8/2010, 03:42 PM
http://likemindr.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Weird_Science1.jpg

its "anything more than a handful and you're risking a sprained tongue" :D

GottaHavePride
5/8/2010, 04:04 PM
its 2.13 per hour, and they are paid minimum wage if their tips for a shift do not add up to what minimum wage would be for how many hours worked that shift.

tip credit employees havnt had a mandatory pay raise since 1976.

I was close. And the places I used to wait tables never made up the difference if the place was dead that day. (Didn't happen very often, luckily, but weekend lunches in the middle of downtown suck hard.)

RACHEL MADDOW is my clone
5/8/2010, 05:17 PM
Junk science. It's amazing what horny "scientists" come up with these days.

bluedogok
5/8/2010, 07:56 PM
...or "scientists" with an agenda...of course this was a professor so using the term "scientist" might be a big stretch since he was a marketing and tourism professor at what was probably the Cornell School of Hotel Administration.

Ike
5/8/2010, 11:28 PM

professor of marketing and tourism = scientist?

However, that doesn't mean the study wasn't scientific. It might be.

Leroy Lizard
5/9/2010, 12:53 AM
Prof. Michael Lynn, marketing and tourism, surveyed 374 waitresses about their perceived “sexiness,” breast size and other physical characteristics and correlated these results with the amount of tips the waitresses received.

That isn't science.

As for tatted women, they look like bruises. Ugh! It just says "whore" to me.

Even worse, they scream "Look at me, everybody! I'm a conformist!"

SunnySooner
5/9/2010, 08:09 AM
I guess the study was just concerned with male customers? Cause, I gotta say, when it's just me and the kiddos, and big boobed hottie who never refills my diet Coke is not getting a nice tip. I'll leave her the minimum. A "girl with a great personality", however, will get a great tip if she really takes care of us, and even more if she is nice to my kids. As for waiters, they all look the same to me most of the time, I really don't pay that much attention, I'm too busy trying to figure out what I want and keeping the 5 yr. old entertained. I tip male servers based on service, not looks, is my point here.

StoopTroup
5/9/2010, 08:21 AM
WWJD

http://antonazucar.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/jimmy-johnson-drunk.jpg

yermom
5/9/2010, 09:50 AM
I guess the study was just concerned with male customers? Cause, I gotta say, when it's just me and the kiddos, and big boobed hottie who never refills my diet Coke is not getting a nice tip. I'll leave her the minimum. A "girl with a great personality", however, will get a great tip if she really takes care of us, and even more if she is nice to my kids. As for waiters, they all look the same to me most of the time, I really don't pay that much attention, I'm too busy trying to figure out what I want and keeping the 5 yr. old entertained. I tip male servers based on service, not looks, is my point here.

that's nice, honey. men are talking.

SunnySooner
5/9/2010, 10:06 AM
that's nice, honey. men are talking.

Oh, I'm sorry darlin', would you like a glass of sweet tea? It'll be just a minute! (Now, where did I put that rat poison?!?!?!) :D :D :D

SoonerStormchaser
5/9/2010, 12:21 PM
I'm not a fan of breasts.

Fixed...based upon your past success! ;)

Jacie
5/9/2010, 05:53 PM

On a chick? UGLY

As a child I used to think the guys with a unit tattoo or even a hula girl (former sailors had these) were cool. But on a pretty girl, never!

I always made it a point to let my kids know how I felt that a girl with a tattoo might as well climb up on a table and scream, "I'm a trailer trash sl*t!"

I have one daughter of my four that I suspect has a shamrock someone on her but she won't admit to having one. She's an adult and can do what she wants but I think the seed I planted still nags at her.