PDA

View Full Version : You might be a Texan!

Leroy Lizard
5/8/2010, 01:37 AM
If you celebrate Independence Day, but your state is no longer independent, you might be a Texan!

If your heroes that died in battle defending a fort were actually from Tennessee, you might be a Texan!

If you complain about Texans playing for OU, but worship your football coach who played for OU, you might be a Texan!

If your favorite basketball coach is also an Okie, you might be a Texan!

If you crow about your state's cowboy culture, but over half of your state is Hispanic, you might be a Texan!

Flagstaffsooner
5/8/2010, 03:27 AM
If you smell the TP after a crap you are a texan

StoopTroup
5/8/2010, 06:55 AM
If your Momma is a whore...you might be a Texan.

Flagstaffsooner
5/8/2010, 07:13 AM
If your sister screams Pa git off me you're crushing my smokes, you might be a texan.

Flagstaffsooner
5/8/2010, 07:19 AM
If you repair the bumper on your 65 Buick with duck tape, and call it chrome. you might be a texan.

Flagstaffsooner
5/8/2010, 07:24 AM
If your house says "This Side Up", you might be a texan.

Flagstaffsooner
5/8/2010, 07:32 AM
If your girlfriend has a bigger penis than Mike Lu*pica, you might be a texan.

Flagstaffsooner
5/8/2010, 07:35 AM
If your cats bury you in sand while you sleep, you might be a texan.

Flagstaffsooner
5/8/2010, 07:45 AM
If you open a window and a mosquito carries you cat away, you might live in HOUston.

StoopTroup
5/8/2010, 07:56 AM
If a Chupacabre is holding you hostage....you might have just been kidnapped from AZ to Mexico...thus your no longer an Arizonian nor a Texan if you don't have any ID.

StoopTroup
5/8/2010, 07:58 AM
If you like to MOO IT MOO IT...you might be a Texan....

-yCGJWtk_KY&feature=related

Flagstaffsooner
5/8/2010, 08:15 AM
If you have your left blinker on and you move three lanes to the right, you might be on a Dallas freeway.

owenfieldreams
5/8/2010, 08:28 AM
This is not a list you really want to get started.......if you pay no state income tax, you are a Texan.......just sayin'.

Having lived in Texas for 46 years, I can put a list out of really good things about Texas that would swamp a legal pad.

If you live close to the world's largest and best medical center, you are a Texan.

Please.....I am not a fan of UT but I love Texas.

If you're a member of the largest OU alumni group outside of the state of Oklahoma, you're a Texan.

This list could go on and on.

StoopTroup
5/8/2010, 08:29 AM
^POST REPORTED!

I believe it got started about 12 to 13 posts ago.

Leroy Lizard
5/8/2010, 09:11 AM
If you live close to the world's largest and best medical center, you are a Texan.

If you need to live close to the world's largest and best medical center, you are a Texan.

Flagstaffsooner
5/8/2010, 09:41 AM
This is not a list you really want to get started.......if you pay no state income tax, you are a Texan.......just sayin'.

Having lived in Texas for 46 years, I can put a list out of really good things about Texas that would swamp a legal pad.

If you're a member of the largest OU alumni group outside of the state of Oklahoma, you're a Texan.

This list could go on and on.I lived there for 3.5 years. I hated it. I have never seen so many illiterate people.

Leroy Lizard
5/8/2010, 09:54 AM
But that stretch from Abilene to El Paso is soooooo lovely!

Flagstaffsooner
5/8/2010, 10:39 AM
But that stretch from Abilene to El Paso is soooooo lovely!
There are only lizarrds there,:D

bluedogok
5/8/2010, 01:18 PM
...and you pay property taxes at a rate of 5x some of the neighboring states...you might live in Texas.

My sisters house in OKC is valued about the same as ours here in Austin (which the valuation itself is far beyond anything we could hope of selling it for) and our property taxes are 5x higher, due to the fact there is no income tax so they have to make it up somewhere. When it comes to taxes they are going to get "theirs", they just all use different scams...I mean schemes to get it.

I may live in Texas, but I will never be a damn Texan. I will always be an Okie.

goingoneight
5/9/2010, 01:51 AM
"If you ever thought of "You might be a redneck" jokes to be either funny and/or creative... you're a mouth-breathing moron."

-Greg Giraldo

GottaHavePride
5/9/2010, 12:15 PM

I didn't know Johns Hopkins and the Mayo Clinic were in Texas... ;)

oudivesherpa
5/9/2010, 08:10 PM
I love OU, I'm not a fan of Texas, but if you want to get Rich (I know for some of you that may be evil) move to Texas. State Taxes just suck. If you want to know why most of the Oklahoma oil companies moved to Texas (Conoco, Citgo,ect) it ain't because of the culture or the climate--it's because of Taxes. Yes, property taxes in Texas are 3x to 4x Oklahoma, but if you make over 200K, you'll come out way ahead financially in Texas, you can control the price of the home you buy, but the State of Oklahoma Taxes 6% of ALL of your incremental income. High Net Worth Indiviuals and their companies don't leave Oklahoma, becuase they think Texans have a charming personality, it's simply the economy.

Leroyt
5/9/2010, 09:26 PM
If you crow about your state's cowboy culture, but over half of your state is Hispanic, you might be a Texan!

Yep, cowboys don't exist in other cultures (como se dice vaqueros en ingles?). The Spanish didn't bring horses to the North America, and leroy lizard is a clever individual who rarely breathes from his mouth.

Curly Bill
5/9/2010, 10:00 PM
I certainly don't claim to be a Texan, but I do live here, and I'd like to say: this is a pretty stupid thread.

*State taxes do suck!
*I'd put the education system in Texas up against that of Oklahoma, and that's even with Texas educating like a bazillion messicans.
*Oklahoma drivers are the suck! Really, is the average of Oklahoma drivers like 98? Because they sure as hell drive like it. My dad wonders why I don't come see him more often? I can't stand the way peeps in Oklahoma drive!
*Wanna job? Go to Texas, that's why I'm here.

Crucifax Autumn
5/9/2010, 10:22 PM
How can you go wrong with texass? More illegals, more of the obnoxious variety of gays, more mosquitos, more flies, more pollution, more 80 gallon hats, bigger belt buckles, more whorns, bigger drug problems, the least efficient social services and government in the country, terrible pay in rural areas, overvalued property and the accompanying overly high property tax, sleezier women, more STDs, generally higher sales tax, Katrina refugees, hurricanes, more trailer parks than Oklahoma and Kansas combined and doubled, more whorns, more aggies, more crazy militias, nutjob secessionist movements, more crime, fatter people...

Yeah...I need to stop or I'll still be typing this post when football season starts.

And yeah part 2...There's a reason I wanted to get the FOCK out of there.

Unfortunately, since 2003 when I moved here, Nevada has gone down the sh*tter too and for almost the EXACT same reasons!

Curly Bill
5/9/2010, 10:24 PM
How can you go wrong with texass? More illegals, more of the obnoxious variety of gays, more mosquitos, more flies, more pollution, more 80 gallon hats, bigger belt buckles, more whorns, bigger drug problems, the least efficient social services and government in the country, terrible pay in rural areas, overvalued property and the accompanying overly high property tax, sleezier women, more STDs, generally higher sales tax, Katrina refugees, hurricanes, more trailer parks than Oklahoma and Kansas combined and doubled, more whorns, more aggies, more crazy militias, nutjob secessionist movements, more crime, fatter people...

Yeah...I need to stop or I'll still be typing this post when football season starts.

Have you been to Oklahoma lately?

bluedogok
5/9/2010, 10:42 PM
the least efficient social services and government in the country
That is by design......especially the social services side. They figure if they make it difficult, then fewer people will "work" to get services.

CrimsonCommando
5/9/2010, 10:56 PM
Just what is wrong with sleezy women? They need love too.

yankee
5/10/2010, 01:01 AM
I certainly don't claim to be a Texan, but I do live here, and I'd like to say: this is a pretty stupid thread.

*State taxes do suck!
*I'd put the education system in Texas up against that of Oklahoma, and that's even with Texas educating like a bazillion messicans.
*Oklahoma drivers are the suck! Really, is the average of Oklahoma drivers like 98? Because they sure as hell drive like it. My dad wonders why I don't come see him more often? I can't stand the way peeps in Oklahoma drive!
*Wanna job? Go to Texas, that's why I'm here.

(generally speaking) outside of the messican infested areas of texas (RGV specifically), you probably wouldn't want to compare oklahoma public schools to texas public schools. i don't think that would be fair to oklahoma.

yankee
5/10/2010, 01:03 AM
i hate the university that represents the state of texas, but if i can land a great job after college that's in texas (more specifically NOT oklahoma :D ), then that would be just dandy. great state, would not mind living there until retirement...and i never thought i'd say that up until a few years ago.

Leroy Lizard
5/10/2010, 02:05 AM
Yep, cowboys don't exist in other cultures (como se dice vaqueros en ingles?). The Spanish didn't bring horses to the North America, and leroy lizard is a clever individual who rarely breathes from his mouth.

One small problem: The term "cowboy culture" clearly refers to white cowboys.

Curly Bill
5/10/2010, 06:08 PM
(generally speaking) outside of the messican infested areas of texas (RGV specifically), you probably wouldn't want to compare oklahoma public schools to texas public schools. i don't think that would be fair to oklahoma.

Exactly, I don't think there's any doubt the Texas system is superior.

Hell, back in the day when we moved from Texas to Oklahoma I left my Texas school solidly in the middle of my class. In my new class in Oklahoma I was far ahead of all of my classmates...

..well except for that other guy who had moved from Texas too. :P

crawfish
5/10/2010, 06:11 PM

This list could go on and on.

If you have no sense of humor about your state, you're a Texan. :D

Leroyt
5/10/2010, 06:50 PM
One small problem: The term "cowboy culture" clearly refers to white cowboys.

One large problem: ignorance. Pretty much any source you consult will explain that "cowboy culture" came from a mixing of anglos and hispanics in Northern Mexico/Texas. Specifically the cattle ranching in Mexico lead to the same in the US.
While some people believe that cowboy culture means Brooks and Dunn, pressed jeans, and white folks, saying or believing it doesn't make it so. Read a few books on the subject (sound out the big words) and you'll be able to find out what cowboy culture really is, or more appropriately, was.