PDA

View Full Version : What young player are the most excited to see play next year?

IronHorseSooner
5/5/2010, 09:34 AM
This can be a true frosh, RS frosh, or a sophomore- one for offense, one for defense.

Offense: Kenny Stills
Defense: Ronnell "The Hammer" Lewis

KantoSooner
5/5/2010, 09:34 AM
Offense: Jermie Calhoun
Defense: Tom Wort/David King

madillsoonerfan5353
5/5/2010, 09:37 AM
Tom "Mohawk" Wort
Landry "Stache" Jones

Mad Dog Madsen
5/5/2010, 09:48 AM
On "O" I'm very anxious to see Kenny Stills. On "D" I'm ready to see what Tom Wort can do. I hope hope he's as good as I hear. Either way, we're gonna have some vicious LB's for the next few years...

Mad Dog Madsen
5/5/2010, 09:49 AM
Tom "Mohawk" Wort
Landry "Stache" Jones

LOL! He needs to bring that back! I noticed he shaved it for a few games...

Jboozer
5/5/2010, 10:26 AM
D: the Hammer...
O: Has to be Kenny Stills after the spring game! hopefully we have someone to take the pressure off of broyles

oudavid1
5/5/2010, 10:31 AM
David King and Jaz Reynolds!

KantoSooner
5/5/2010, 10:33 AM
Just to make my point: I dont' know that David King is going to be that much better than anyone else, but dayam, if there was ever a football name, 'David 'Big Daddy' King' is about as perfect as it comes.

IronHorseSooner
5/5/2010, 10:34 AM
I like the set up we would have in OUr receiving corps. With Stills, you have the speed receiver. With Miller, you have the big, physical receiver. With Broyles, there's the elusive home run threat. If Ratterree can continue his improvement at TE, that would round out the passing attack.

IronHorseSooner
5/5/2010, 10:35 AM
Just to make my point: I dont' know that David King is going to be that much better than anyone else, but dayam, if there was ever a football name, 'David 'Big Daddy' King' is about as perfect as it comes.

Well, you could have a pass rush comprised of Stacey "Kong" McGee and David King. King-Kong!

For OUr LBs, what if we started to call Tom Wort "Nails"? We could have "Hammer and Nails" for those guys.

ratherthanlater
5/5/2010, 10:35 AM
Ronnell Lewis on both sides of the ball.:gary:

ndpruitt03
5/5/2010, 10:36 AM
Ronnell Lewis, I think there's a chance he becomes the best defensive player Stoops has had.

IronHorseSooner
5/5/2010, 10:43 AM
Ronnell Lewis, I think there's a chance he becomes the best defensive player Stoops has had.

This might offend some on here, but he reminds me of a young Ray Lewis. The way he flows to the ball and will make guys fear going against him. For the Ravens, their DL was based around the idea of taking up blockers so their amazing LBs could flow to the ball. We might see that with these guys, and use Beal as a spinner.

You're right, he might be a legend before it's through, and even with some of the greats that Coach Stoops has had here (TGRW, Rocky, Teddy, Derrick, GK, Tommie), Ronnell might be the only one that I would pay admission just to see him play. Mark my words, by the end of the year, he will be the most feared defender in the NCAA, and Tom Wort won't be far behind!

...sooner
5/5/2010, 10:57 AM
Well, you could have a pass rush comprised of Stacey "Kong" McGee and David King. King-Kong!

For OUr LBs, what if we started to call Tom Wort "Nails"? We could have "Hammer and Nails" for those guys.

bahahahaha i got a good laugh outta that!

O: im a jonathon miller fan.. so him & stills!!!!!

D: Ronnell && Hurst!

CaliBornSoonerBred
5/5/2010, 11:09 AM
Defense: David King, he looked like a monster in the Sun Bowl at times making smart plays....he could be very special. Can't argue with Wort and The Hammer at all though.

Offense: Kenny Stills shows promise and I'm anxious to see what he adds to a strong WR core

KantoSooner
5/5/2010, 02:41 PM
Anyone ever come with video of Wort's dad playing rugby? I ran his name past rugby fans in Australia and they remembered him.

badger
5/5/2010, 03:27 PM
Kenny Stills!

Older player: Travis Lewwwwwwwwwwwwwis

ashley
5/5/2010, 07:38 PM
Wort, I hope he can stay healthy.

Eielson
5/5/2010, 08:03 PM

What is this based on? He makes a couple big hits in the Sun Bowl and that means he could be the best ever? You're the first to say this...for good reason, though.

JLEW1818
5/5/2010, 08:05 PM
Stills could end up being the number 2 WR

Calhoun needs to show me something. and so does S. Good and RJ Washington. All 5star, all 2008 class.

Breadburner
5/5/2010, 08:19 PM
Stacy McGee.....

Salt City Sooner
5/5/2010, 08:39 PM
Good's a junior so he doesn't qualify here per the OP.

Considering the tenuous status (to say the least) of Adrian Taylor when we saw him last, I'm going to throw Mr. McFarland's name in here, w/ Demontre Hurst as 1A.

gaylordfan1
5/5/2010, 09:50 PM
O: Stills, and Haywood.... I think he can fill the gap at TE that we missed last year, but may be a couple of years from this.

D: Wort, I just want him to live up to the hype. MLB as a fresh is a large shoe to fill!

Harry Beanbag
5/5/2010, 11:10 PM
Hurst

pappy
5/6/2010, 04:19 AM
Offense: Stills
Defense: R. Lewis. and T. Wort.

mOUse
5/6/2010, 10:59 AM
"the Flying" Wort and Kenny "the Snag" Stills

gaylordfan1
5/6/2010, 01:43 PM
I thought we all agreed last season his nickname is Tom "THE BOMB" Wort.

Chiliman
5/7/2010, 03:11 PM
I thought we all agreed last season his nickname is Tom "THE BOMB" Wort.

God, what will happen if Box starts @ MLB!!!

IronHorseSooner
5/7/2010, 11:09 PM
Hurst

He may not be the one I listed for D, but he might be the most important linchpin to the D. I am not concerned about the front seven, the safeties, or even Nelson at the field corner, but Hurst's play will go a long way to seeing just how good they are. I just don't want to see opposing QBs trying to pick on him. However, I think Colt McCoy is still feeling the hit on the corner blitz that Hurst gave him!:D

gaylordfan1
5/8/2010, 12:14 AM
Can we get the clip of that? ^

BOOMERBRADLEY
5/8/2010, 07:50 AM
I'm waiting for Carter Whitson to have his breakout season

StoopTroup
5/8/2010, 07:59 AM
Any pics of the new Cheerleaders?

IronHorseSooner
5/8/2010, 08:40 AM
Can we get the clip of that? ^

Unfortunately, our server here in Kabul prevents us from viewing YouTube or any other streaming media due to bandwidth purposes.

However, that hit was along the same line as The Hammers hits in the KU and Stanford games. I will say this, we have some guys on that D who will light you up. Whether or not this will be the best D remains to be seen, but this might be the most fun to watch. :D

gaylordfan1
5/8/2010, 04:24 PM
Well, Mr IronHorse, I appreciate everything you are doing for us in Kabul. I take it that your in the military? Yea, I know, your pic may have given it away. Regardless, thank you.

starclassic tama
5/8/2010, 09:08 PM
He makes a couple big hits in the Sun Bowl and that means he could be the best ever? You're the first to say this...for good reason, though.

i realize you are just trying to be a doosh here, but i'll take the bait. just look at lewis, he is one of those young guys that just looks like a man-beast physically. looks really mature. and those two hits in the sun bowl weren't the only plays he made all season. as a true freshman, he played all year on special teams, made several big plays there, and contributed to the linebacking corps. not to mention he was what, 6'3 235-240 as a TRUE FRESHMAN!

gaylordfan1
5/8/2010, 10:24 PM
^he took KU's best WR out of the game! I'm in the camp that thinks he will be great.

BoulderSooner79
5/8/2010, 11:45 PM
From my ancient point of view, *all* the players are young. Even the 5th year seniors like DM who I would love to see have that magical, injury-free season. If he does, it will qualify as a break-out. As for the really young guys, how can you not like R. Lewis and be excited about the potential of K. Stills. All through the recruitment of Stills, I kept reading about his great hands. That was like offering ice water to a man trapped in hades last season. So far, it seems to be true (K. Stills hands, I mean).

IronHorseSooner
5/9/2010, 12:43 AM
Well, Mr IronHorse, I appreciate everything you are doing for us in Kabul. I take it that your in the military? Yea, I know, your pic may have given it away. Regardless, thank you.

Yes, I am, and I am coming home next week! Thanks for the kind words. Too bad that the boss here, who was a Sooner, has been replaced BY A WHORN!:mad:

gaylordfan1
5/9/2010, 01:38 AM
Yes, I am, and I am coming home next week! Thanks for the kind words. Too bad that the boss here, who was a Sooner, has been replaced BY A WHORN!:mad:

Well, get home safe and sound. Just give him a longhorns down when you leave! He will understand.

MiccoMacey
5/10/2010, 09:41 AM
I know he's not young, but I can't wait to see Madu on the field again as a RB.

I'll get hammered for this, but I like him over DeMarco Murray. I think that kid will shine.

Mad Dog Madsen
5/10/2010, 10:06 AM

I'll get hammered for this, but I like him over DeMarco Murray. I think that kid will shine.

I was the same way last year when I would've rather had Chris Brown than Demarco. Not to take anything away from Demarco he is a great player I just think Brown was the one who was more consistent.

soonerfan28
5/10/2010, 01:23 PM
I think it has to be Tom Wort and Ronnell Lewis. Lewis played but not as much as we'll see him this year barring injury. McFarland as well and I sure hope Calhoun gets some carries.

MiccoMacey
5/10/2010, 04:49 PM
I was the same way last year when I would've rather had Chris Brown than Demarco. Not to take anything away from Demarco he is a great player I just think Brown was the one who was more consistent.

Yeah, I'm not knocking DeMarco in any way.

I just think Madu has all the speed and shiftiness of a greased ferret on fire.

swardboy
5/10/2010, 10:04 PM

I'll never understand the experiment in the slot...I thought Madu was really hitting his stride as a running back at the end of the '08 season.

gaylordfan1
5/11/2010, 08:48 AM
I know nobody is knocking on Murray, but believe it or not, there is a reason why he has started all these years. I'm not knocking Madu, I love the guy, but there is a reason he has not made it to the top of or into the rotation. I hope he gets a shot this year.

soonerloyal
5/23/2010, 08:16 AM
WE'RE ALL SO HAPPY to have you back safely, hon!! God bless and be safe CONUS. http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/Smileys/salute.gif

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/aniCrowdApplause.gif

diegosooner
5/23/2010, 08:20 AM
Tom and Ronnell

goingoneight
5/23/2010, 04:49 PM
God, what will happen if Box starts @ MLB!!!

The "Urinator?"

goingoneight
5/23/2010, 05:01 PM
I think I heard a guy on 1430 put it best last year when he said CB was the easier one to "shut down." Consistent, yes... but that only gets you so far when you need that playmaking ability. We need that playmaking ability to be consistent (aka "healthy"), though... so it's a catch 22.

CB's good for a 1200-yard season as a between-the-tackles runner. DeMarco... you just don't know. At best, they sky's the limit. At worst, well... he's in a play, out a play. I know most fans think he pulls himself out of the game all the time, but that's rarely the case. He's no AD in terms of going at it every play, every game... but he also got pulled a number of times the last two years for CB. I saw it twice against Okie Light when Gundy pulled him innfavor of CB... you could see DM infuriated.

The thing about the CB/DM combo is you want CB to grind it out, to slow it down... to pick up 3 yards and a cloud of dust. DM comes in when you spot something to exploit. DM CAN be an all-around guy given the health and the opportunities, IMO.

ndpruitt03
5/23/2010, 05:57 PM
CB never ran for 1200 yards in a season. I'm not even sure he got much over 1000. But I get the point. I think we have a couple guys that can grind it out behind DeMarco. Calhoun and Miller. Our running back depth is crazy.

The thing about DeMarco is he's going to get you point. I think through returns, Rushes and receptions he has something like 42 TDs. I think the record is still Steve Owens with 53 career TDs but I think DeMarco will pass that.

Salt City Sooner
5/23/2010, 06:41 PM
CB never ran for 1200 yards in a season. I'm not even sure he got much over 1000. But I get the point. I think we have a couple guys that can grind it out behind DeMarco. Calhoun and Miller. Our running back depth is crazy.

The thing about DeMarco is he's going to get you point. I think through returns, Rushes and receptions he has something like 42 TDs. I think the record is still Steve Owens with 53 career TDs but I think DeMarco will pass that.
If by "never" you mean "did it in 2008", then you'd be right.

GKeeper316
5/23/2010, 06:44 PM
wort

i think the guy may actually end up killing somebody.

gaylordfan1
5/24/2010, 08:26 AM

Just looked it up.... Brown had 1220 rushing yrds in 2008.

delhalew
5/24/2010, 12:34 PM
I'm in the Wort/Hammer camp. I'm hoping to see them strike fear into the hearts of college football.

Sooner-N-KS
5/24/2010, 12:58 PM
Any pics of the new Cheerleaders?

I am frequently on the sidelines for the games, and unfortunately, you don't want to see pictures of most of the OU cheerleaders.

delhalew
5/24/2010, 01:02 PM
WE'RE ALL SO HAPPY to have you back safely, hon!! God bless and be safe CONUS. http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/Smileys/salute.gif

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/aniCrowdApplause.gif

This. Although, I think I'll refrain from calling you hon.:D

Mad Dog Madsen
5/24/2010, 01:23 PM
I am frequently on the sidelines for the games, and unfortunately, you don't want to see pictures of most of the OU cheerleaders.

So what are ya sayin'?!?

mightysooner
5/31/2010, 11:40 PM
When did Mossis Madu become this fantasmic godly player that everybody wants to see on the field, and why? Short of a good performance against a defenseless Mizzou in the big xii champ a couple of years ago, I haven't seen all these flashes of brilliance everybody else seems to have seen? He amounted to nothing in the slot and was equally adept at getting tackled returning kicks. I know those aren't his true positions but what's all the buzz about with this guy? I don't get it. If he was that all world and explosive, he should've been able to beat out a boring grinder type like Chris Brown fairly easily, but he never did.

swardboy
6/3/2010, 09:37 PM
Caleb Gastelum...great tackler from NOAH..."Ronnell" -type hits too..l

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gret0lFBkVY

ratherthanlater
6/3/2010, 09:42 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=96282&season=2011&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d962 82%26season%3d2011

Ray Drew! I just wish we would offer him!:rolleyes:

gaylordfan1
6/3/2010, 10:55 PM
^ Thats funny!

ouwasp
6/4/2010, 12:00 AM
Any OL that can block!