PDA

View Full Version : Gawl Dang T-Bob in a heap of it.

birddog
5/4/2010, 01:55 PM
http://www.usatoday.com

BATON ROUGE — LSU center Bobby "T-Bob" Hebert was arrested on a charge of driving while intoxicated at around 2 a.m. Saturday after he allegedly backed his vehicle into a parked vehicle outside a fraternity party on the LSU campus.
"It was him driving to the best of my knowledge," LSU Police spokesman Blake Tabor said Sunday afternoon. "Every indication we have is he was the driver."

Tabor said Hebert agreed to an alcohol breathalyzer test and registered over the blood alcohol content limit.

Hebert, a 21-year-old sophomore on the football team who started 11 games last season, was released from jail at about 3 p.m. Saturday, Baton Rouge attorney Nathan Fisher said Sunday afternoon.

Fisher has represented athletes from LSU and other schools for three decades.

"I don't know a lot right now," Fisher said. "I haven't seen a police report, and I haven't discussed things fully with him (Hebert). So I don't think it's appropriate to say much now."

Fisher did add that he was very impressed with the way Hebert handled himself.

"He's extremely humbled by the experience," he said. "He impressed me as a strong willed, high character young man who comes from good stock."

Hebert's father, former New Orleans Saints and Atlanta Falcons quarterback Bobby Hebert of Cut Off on the Louisiana coast, returned a phone call Sunday but politely referred all questions to Fisher.

LSU coach Les Miles said he plans to meet with Hebert and will have a comment concerning the player's status today, according to LSU sports information director Michael Bonnette.

Hebert is known as T-Bob, but his full name, Bobby Hebert, appeared in the Sunday edition of the Baton Rouge Advocate's daily listing of DWI suspects arrested with 10 others. The address listed for Hebert was in Alphanetta (actually Alpharetta), Ga., which is where his mother Teresa Hebert lives. His father is remarried and lives in the New Orleans area, where he works as a talk show host and commentator on WWL Radio.

Hebert signed with LSU out of Greater Atlanta Christian High School in 2007 as the No. 2 center in the country, according to Rivals.com. After redshirting his first season, Hebert played in the first half the 2008 season as a backup. Then he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee at South Carolina and was lost for the rest of the season. Hebert came back from the injury to win the starting job for the 2009 season. He sat out the Louisiana Tech game in week 10 with an ankle injury. In the Capital One Bowl, freshman P.J. Lonergan started ahead of Hebert.

Lonergan remained with the first team during spring drills, and then Hebert broke his ankle during a spring scrimmage in March. Hebert is expected to be at 100% in August.

There have only been a handful of arrests during Miles' five years at LSU, but Hebert's is the second alcohol-related arrest in the last two months. In March, wide receiver Terrance Toliver was arrested and charged with interfering with a police officer, disturbing the peace and public intoxication following a fight at a bar near the LSU campus.

Leslie will suspend him for first drive of the season if guilty.

badger
5/4/2010, 02:15 PM
Leslie will suspend him for first drive of the season if guilty.

:les: Good ol' Lester and the S-E-C! S-E-C! Always disciplining their players... or perhaps, just ensuring that they're sober for the second drive.

:D And yes, I realize you're probably joking.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/4/2010, 02:25 PM
21-year old sophomore?

How many Fulmer points for LSU?

KantoSooner
5/4/2010, 02:38 PM
somewhere between 1 (simple infraction) to 3 (if the degreee of drunkenness was truly heroic). my prediction.