PDA

View Full Version : Dead Weather Streams New Album Online Live

yermom
5/3/2010, 10:08 PM
in case you missed them in Tulsa last week...

here's the recording from earlier today:

http://www.myspace.com/thedeadweather

The Dead Weather is an American alternative rock supergroup formed in Nashville, Tennessee in 2009. Composed of Alison Mosshart (of The Kills and Discount), Jack White (of The White Stripes and The Raconteurs), Dean Fertita (of Queens of the Stone Age) and Jack Lawrence (of The Raconteurs and The Greenhornes)

delhalew
5/3/2010, 10:11 PM
Sweet. I didn't know they had another album ready.
Any news on the Raconteurs front?

yermom
5/3/2010, 10:20 PM
i haven't heard anything. i didn't even realize Horehound had almost been out a year, and didn't know a new album was coming out until seeing the poster at Cain's last week

it was badass seeing Jack White live again. hopefully he'll include OK again in future tours. i don't think the The Racontours ever came here, and The White Stripes haven't been here since 2003

of course, i also really like The Kills, so that just made this group that much more awesome

yermom
5/3/2010, 10:22 PM
i'd have pics, but i lost my damn camera between the Spring Game and this show and didn't find it until after NMF :mad:

my iPhone pics look pretty crappy

delhalew
5/3/2010, 10:28 PM
Yeah, if they come back, I should get off my *** and go see them.

silverwheels
5/3/2010, 11:20 PM
I still can't like Jack White for some reason.

yermom
5/4/2010, 12:12 AM
i'm only forgiving you for that because you turned me on to The Decemberists and to a lesser extent The Mars Volta

silverwheels
5/4/2010, 03:37 PM
:D

White is a talented musician, but he's also a dick. Then again, a lot of people are dicks, especially famous people.

SoonerStud615
5/4/2010, 04:02 PM
Raconteurs have officially gone on a hiatus since the Consolers of the lonely tour. Brendan Benson had a new solo album, Jack White and Jack Lawrence are doing the Dead Weather and who knows about the drummer...

I saw the Raconteurs at ACL in 2008. Seriously awesome. Jack White is not only incredibly talented, but puts on a fantastic show.

Dead Weather album is streaming on NPR also.

TUSooner
5/5/2010, 10:41 AM
I thought about checking them out at the N.O. Jazzfest. But I listened on-line and decided not. What I heard and saw was just too dark and gloomy and gothy. Real life has enough darkness without adding rock dirges from vampire wannabees and coffin jockeys. But that's just my harsh and inadequately informed opinion. ;)

sooneron
5/6/2010, 10:56 AM
i haven't heard anything. i didn't even realize Horehound had almost been out a year, and didn't know a new album was coming out until seeing the poster at Cain's last week

it was badass seeing Jack White live again. hopefully he'll include OK again in future tours. i don't think the The Racontours ever came here, and The White Stripes haven't been here since 2003

of course, i also really like The Kills, so that just made this group that much more awesome

The Kills RMFO.