PDA

View Full Version : ARGH--The news makes me mad.

proud gonzo
5/3/2010, 04:36 PM
So, the story is that a baby was killed and his mother is charged with the murder. But that's not what they said.

Here's how Linda Cavanaugh worded it: "A one year old baby boy killed his mother -- charged with his murder."

NO! That's not what you meant! arrrrrgh!

NormanPride
5/3/2010, 04:59 PM
baj-nip

GKeeper316
5/3/2010, 06:35 PM
So, the story is that a baby was killed and his mother is charged with the murder. But that's not what they said.

Here's how Linda Cavanaugh worded it: "A one year old baby boy killed his mother -- charged with his murder."

NO! That's not what you meant! arrrrrgh!

it was probably scripted like this...

A ONE YEAR OLD BOY
KILLED...
HIS MOTHER...
CHARGED WITH THE
CRIME.
---------TAKE ANIM---------
BLAH BLAH BLAH
-----TAKE VO--------
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

linda cavanaugh is a terrible news anchor... worst in this market. nobody in the biz has any idea how she still has a job. she cant pronounce any non english word correctly, and frequently runs sentences together to obscure their meaning.

Leroy Lizard
5/3/2010, 06:44 PM
Linda is still around?

Okla-homey
5/3/2010, 07:34 PM
Linda is still around?

Usually when TV news broads hit 35 or so, they are asked to move on. Men OTOH, just become more "distinguished" and therefore more confidence-inspiring with age. Except for Dan Rather. He's just a hot mess.

Succ it gals, that's the only advantage we have over you. Har!

...but in the end, you have incredible power over maledom you have not yet fully learned to use. Specifically, you control the world hoo-hoo supply. And I don't mean the chocolate drink neither.

SoonerInKCMO
5/3/2010, 07:44 PM
...but in the end, you have incredible power over maledom you have not yet fully learned to use.

Dammit! Don't tell 'em - they'll up and take over this ****! :mad:

delhalew
5/3/2010, 07:49 PM
Jan Stratton on KSWO 7 out of Lawton was old when I was a boy. She must be 100 yrs old by now. She's had so much surgery she looks like an alien.

GottaHavePride
5/3/2010, 08:11 PM
Ah, like Susan Peters in Wichita.

Crucifax Autumn
5/3/2010, 11:34 PM
Jan Stratton on KSWO 7 out of Lawton was old when I was a boy. She must be 100 yrs old by now. She's had so much surgery she looks like an alien.

Wow! That one's still around???? She scared me as a child.

proud gonzo
5/4/2010, 01:41 AM
Ah, like Susan Peters in Wichita.

who also can't read to save her life.