PDA

View Full Version : New Preseason top 25

w0lfe
5/3/2010, 02:35 PM
Dunno if this has been posted but http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=5143606

Texas at 4 and Neb at 7. They have us at 12.

badger
5/3/2010, 03:22 PM
As a past, present and future Packer fan, let me enlighten any Aggie (not to be confused with Aggy, which is actually Poke State) fans who are lurking and may want to relish their top 25 entrance:

Mike Sherman is not your savior. He is barely a coach.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jG7uIJAXCcM/RsBpO6gOp1I/AAAAAAAAAjQ/8-bDeWi-ecE/s400/mike_sherman_sleeping.jpg

Don't practice yells - you might wake him (especially if it's at midnight, you crazy fanatics you)

Mike Sherman only succeeds when he has talent that is superior to his adversaries. There are no upsets, there are no surprise genius coaching maneuvers. Sherman either out-talents or he outright loses to opponents. No exceptions. It's why Green Bay fired him.

That being said, do you actually have talent this year? Yes, but not enough to beat Texas... which as we all know, is grounds for immediate firing regardless of other on-field results :rcmad:

:D

achiro
5/3/2010, 03:46 PM
12. Oklahoma Sooners Watching four former Sooners being picked in the first round of the NFL draft, including three of the first four selections, had to be a double-edged sword for Oklahoma fans. More than anything else, it showed how truly talented the Sooners were heading into last season. But injuries and other problems turned Oklahoma into an 8-5 team in 2009. Now the Sooners will have to replace those departed stars, including quarterback Sam Bradford, defensive tackle Gerald McCoy and left tackle Trent Williams. Quarterback Landry Jones played very well in Bradford's absence last season, and DeMarco Murray might be poised for a breakout season. Freshman Kenny Stills showed big-play ability at receiver during the spring, which can only help the passing game.
I am ever reminded that to be a "football expert" you don't have to know anything about whats really going on, just what sounds good on paper. Yes I know that we lost 4 guys in the first round but what I do remember is that Sam and Gresh didn't play. Trent had little to no help and I would much rather have a whole line with an extra year of size and experience than one guy. and of course Mccoy is going to be tough to replace but the D-line is not a concern I have at all for this team.

w0lfe
5/3/2010, 03:50 PM
I am ever reminded that to be a "football expert" you don't have to know anything about whats really going on, just what sounds good on paper. Yes I know that we lost 4 guys in the first round but what I do remember is that Sam and Gresh didn't play. Trent had little to no help and I would much rather have a whole line with an extra year of size and experience than one guy. and of course Mccoy is going to be tough to replace but the D-line is not a concern I have at all for this team.

I agree with this. We have a lot of young players with experience coming back. The non experienced texas players get all the hype with only one game of experience. That will show this year in october in front of big tex :)

badger
5/3/2010, 03:54 PM
I am ever reminded that to be a "football expert" you don't have to know anything about whats really going on, just what sounds good on paper.

People say this after I post a lot for some reason. ;)

goingoneight
5/3/2010, 04:39 PM
Nebraska had a solid offense in 2008, and they totally stunk it up for most of the year last year. QB is a major concern for them. Until I see a quality QB step up for them, they're playing Beamer Ball to 9 wins at best.

badger
5/3/2010, 05:19 PM
Oh, and because Aggie jokes should never be lonely, have another:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bhD7leTTfZI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bhD7leTTfZI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Spoiler: Everyone wearing Corps of Cadets gear (and the two that were junior yell leaders last year) won their election.

Leroy Lizard
5/3/2010, 05:41 PM

Actually, he pretty much acknowledged this.

OSUAggie
5/3/2010, 05:42 PM
(not to be confused with Aggy, which is actually Poke State)

Wha?

I could've sworn Aggy was aTm...

And anyone with them near the top-25 is bat **** ****ing crazy.

badger
5/3/2010, 05:59 PM
Wha?

I could've sworn Aggy was aTm...

And anyone with them near the top-25 is bat **** ****ing crazy.
Welcome back Aggie/Aggy/Poke :D

(notice how "Cowboy" was not among the options)

I like you guys a lot more than eaTme. It's like I'm looking for ways to hate A&M whereas with you guys, you're a little brother we just wanna hug after shutting out ;)

Sooner13
5/3/2010, 07:32 PM
Not that it really means anything, but can someone explain why Texas is ranked at #4? They have a new starting QB, no proven threat at RB, and lost their top 2 defensive players. It just goes to show how dumb preseason rankings are...:texan:

soonerfan28
5/3/2010, 07:42 PM
4. Texas Longhorns The Longhorns have several pieces to replace from the team that lost to Alabama in the BCS Championship Game, but replacing quarterback Colt McCoy doesn't seem as daunting after Garrett Gilbert's performance this spring. Gilbert proved his moxie when he was forced into action against the Crimson Tide, and he showed his accuracy in the Longhorns' spring game, completing 10 of 13 passes for 165 yards with three touchdowns. Coach Mack Brown's top priority is establishing a running game to take the pressure off Gilbert, and Fozzy Whittaker and Tre' Newton might be good enough to do it. The defense has to replace several departed stars, including safety Earl Thomas and linebackers Roddrick Muckelroy and Sergio Kindle. But returning cornerbacks Aaron Williams and Curtis Brown should flourish in defensive coordinator Will Muschamp's aggressive scheme.
B/c a watered down spring game should be the measuring stick for how great a QB will be.

Jacie
5/3/2010, 08:46 PM
While the previous season can in some cases be a predictor of future success, there have been and will probably be spectacular failures as well as some surprise teams . . .

Preseason Top 25 = Offseason fiction

Stitch Face
5/3/2010, 09:13 PM
Oh ****. They've got moxie.

gaylordfan1
5/4/2010, 09:00 AM
I'm ok with the top two schools. BSU will be tough this year. I just hope they fall to VTech.

BetterSoonerThanLater
5/4/2010, 02:47 PM
Oh ****. They've got moxie.

they're probably lifting weights too. we better watch out ;)

KantoSooner
5/4/2010, 03:19 PM
<obligatory film watching comment>

achiro
5/4/2010, 04:55 PM
Actually, he pretty much acknowledged this.

Sure, which is why he placed OU at 12 behind teams like Virginia Tech, Oregon, and Wisconsin. :rolleyes:

BoulderSooner79
5/4/2010, 08:32 PM
<obligatory film watching comment>

Fortunately, they're just watching pron.

Uncle Ernie
5/9/2010, 12:53 PM
Can I just say "wow"?

That ATM youtube video dealio is scary, f*cking hilarious and a defining moment in their legend as pig rapists. Texas fans are a pain but ATM and their fans are direct descendants of the guy who asked Ned "you ever squealed like a pig boy?" What nuklur power plant has messed all these people up? Was it something they ate?

w0lfe
5/9/2010, 05:08 PM
Boise will be tough this year, but I dont see Vtech being able to stop them. Vtech is good against semi-decent competition, but someone thats able to match them at the main position areas, vtech usually finds a way to lose.

soonerfan28
5/10/2010, 01:27 PM
Is Oregon still a top 25 team even?