PDA

View Full Version : Two completely different topics...

C&CDean
5/3/2010, 02:15 PM
but one thread.

Here goes:

I sold a stock trailer this weekend on Craigslist. It was my first foray into advertising through this medium. I was very satisfied with the results. I had people calling from California/New Mexico/Colorado/Alabama/etc. Sold it to a guy from Cushing for the full asking price. I'll use Craigslist again.

That being said, have any of you seen some of the **** people write on there? It's downright embarrassing. I look in the "farm & garden" and "tools" nearly every day, and I see **** that makes doleo look like a Rhodes Scholar.

"stoCK trayler, reel goodD shap, no much rust - $3.000. - ferm."

You'd think some of our texting posters on this board wrote the ads. Incredible. WTF is wrong with people? How can you function in life like this?

Second topic:

I just attended a large federal employee awards luncheon today. I was up for an award, and so was momma. Her category was "Outstanding Diversity Contribution."

Anyhow, they're lining everyone up to go march across the podium and she's talking to this dude who is next to her in line. Kind of short, chunky, pasty-faced with a half-assed Abraham Lincoln/terrorist beard going on. The dude next to her wins the award for that category, and as we're sitting down she looks him up in the awards book. She goes to me "what does transgender mean?" I said "used to be a dude or chick and now they're the other." She goes "read this here." Here's what this guy/chick's boss put in the official awards book:

John Doe, a transgender man, underwent a gender reassignment process while maintaining full-time employment with blank-blank government agency, educating people through his experience. He is an integral part of our recruiting team and EEO program. He is the Vice-President for the Board of Directors of the United Campus ministries at blank-blank university. blah, blah, blah, blah. He was presented blah blah award from the Justice and Witness Ministries Committee of the United Church of Christ.

WTF? This poor dude/chick has to be so confused. And the COC has obviously come a long ways from where they used to be. From no-dancin' or movies to sex-changes?

Dude/chick went into the men's room while we were standing in line. I didn't check to see if he/she stood at the urinal though.

sooner_born_1960
5/3/2010, 02:23 PM
Some people take awful extreme measures just to win a plaque.

Stitch Face
5/3/2010, 02:26 PM
So I take it it was an award for the most diversity in a single person?

IB4OU2
5/3/2010, 02:26 PM
Yes Dean, My guess would be transgenders advertise on Craigslist.

TUSooner
5/3/2010, 02:31 PM
This could be as good as the dandy gay bull story. But creepier. Much creepier.

SouthFortySooner
5/3/2010, 02:31 PM
1st topic: facebook post this morning, 'I don't have no babies no more'.
2nd topic: the thing at the banquet needs a good scrubbin with a wire brush.

soonervegas
5/3/2010, 02:34 PM
I don't think that is the ACTUAL Church of Christ. It's still footloose over here.

TUSooner
5/3/2010, 02:34 PM
So I take it it was an award for the most diversity in a single person?

:D :D :D

Viking Kitten
5/3/2010, 03:57 PM
United Church of Christ is most definitely not the same thing as THE Church of Christ. UCC is an "open and affirming" church; they allow female clergy, OKC's first openly gay minister has been the pastor of a UCC church for about a decade.

http://www.ucc.org/

GKeeper316
5/3/2010, 03:57 PM
ok so lemme get this straight... your a federal employee (which also means you're a member of the afl-cio), get government stimulus money to offset the cost of clearing trees around your property, and still hate government?

just so we're clear...

Jello Biafra
5/3/2010, 04:08 PM
jeez....and im still pissed off at the airman that beat me out for my award because she saved the air farce 10,000 bucks worth of paper because she uses a digital sender instead of printing stuff...at least i didnt lose to a dude-chick. i would have needed therapy/

IB4OU2
5/3/2010, 04:11 PM
United Church of Christ is most definitely not the same thing as THE Church of Christ. UCC is an "open and affirming" church; they allow female clergy, OKC's first openly gay minister has been the pastor of a UCC church for about a decade.

http://www.ucc.org/

Do they allow musical instruments and dancing too?

ADs_Agent
5/3/2010, 04:27 PM
Going to go drink bleach to erase this out of my mind now

C&CDean
5/3/2010, 04:28 PM
ok so lemme get this straight... your a federal employee (which also means you're a member of the afl-cio), get government stimulus money to offset the cost of clearing trees around your property, and still hate government?

just so we're clear...

Just so you're clear, I'm a quasi-government employee, I hate unions with a ****ing passion, get farm money that may or may not be part of your boy's stimulus package, and never said I hated the government.

Could you be any more clueless and uninformed? I think not.

JohnnyMack
5/3/2010, 04:29 PM

just so we're clear...

:pop:

Viking Kitten
5/3/2010, 05:08 PM
Do they allow musical instruments and dancing too?

As long as the music is showtunes and the dancers are wearing sequins and feather boas.

Lott's Bandana
5/3/2010, 05:17 PM
Clearly your OP was, in reality, one topic.

Okla-homey
5/3/2010, 05:49 PM

just so we're clear...

Relax Francis. He's management.

AND USE YOUR FLIPPIN' SHIFT KEY! Loser.

Crucifax Autumn
5/3/2010, 06:52 PM
You didn't sell a Nissan on there did you?