PDA

View Full Version : Dear person walking up the escalator in front of me,

sooneron
5/3/2010, 08:44 AM
Srsly, you can't time the ****ing step off exit so you come to a complete halt near the top and cause everyone behind you to almost bump into one another? How long have you been ****ing riding escalators that you can't figure this out?
:mad:

sooner_born_1960
5/3/2010, 08:50 AM
She probably has you on ignore.

sooneron
5/3/2010, 08:53 AM
Doesn't everybody here?

StoopTroup
5/3/2010, 09:24 AM
Take the elevator dumbass. ;)

btk108
5/3/2010, 09:26 AM
prolly a lOSUr graduate.

sooneron
5/3/2010, 09:27 AM
The elevators at Penn station are full of slack-jawed outtatown gawkers with their suitcases. That, or male prostitutes...

GottaHavePride
5/3/2010, 10:04 AM
From Mallrats: "SOME parent, I don't care which, needs to teach that kid to fear and respect that escalator!"

GKeeper316
5/3/2010, 10:16 AM
less than 5 flights, use the damn stairs, lazy!

StoopTroup
5/3/2010, 10:22 AM
OMG! Not the stairs! I wonder what's on the stairs? :D

NormanPride
5/3/2010, 10:35 AM
People walk up escalators? I just sit there and let the genius of invention move my ***.

goingoneight
5/3/2010, 12:10 PM
"Escalators can never break; they just become stairs. If an escalator ever stops working, they'd be like... "Escalator out of service... sorry for the convenience." -Mitch Hedberg

sooneron
5/3/2010, 02:36 PM
less than 5 flights, use the damn stairs, lazy!

Actually, @ the East end of Penn St. there are more escalators than stairs, rube.

Mjcpr
5/3/2010, 02:37 PM
Could be worse, she could've been crop dusting.

C&CDean
5/3/2010, 03:43 PM
The escalators in DC on the Metro are always entertaining to watch - especially when noobs get on them. The unwritten rule is stand to the right, walk to the left. You see people get on them side-by-side chatting it up and then some she-man fitness freak in a dress and wearing Nikes comes charging up behind them going "stand to the right!"

Some of those escalators (Rosslyn, Bethesda come to mind) are like a ****ing mile long. Running up those suckers will wear you out.

sooneron
5/3/2010, 08:25 PM
The escalators in DC on the Metro are always entertaining to watch - especially when noobs get on them. The unwritten rule is stand to the right, walk to the left. You see people get on them side-by-side chatting it up and then some she-man fitness freak in a dress and wearing Nikes comes charging up behind them going "stand to the right!"

Some of those escalators (Rosslyn, Bethesda come to mind) are like a ****ing mile long. Running up those suckers will wear you out.

Yep, they bury them deep in the DC. I think it was the one in Tenleytown that was hella long.

and Stand to the Right is the rule, just like on the people movers in the airport!:texan:

StoopTroup
5/3/2010, 08:29 PM
I thought most Americans understood the slow traffic to the right get the **** outta my way on the left rule.

Sooner24
5/4/2010, 04:26 PM
I thought most Americans understood the slow traffic to the right get the **** outta my way on the left rule.

You haven't driven on I-35 lately have you?

ouleaf
5/4/2010, 05:04 PM
"Escalators can never break; they just become stairs. If an escalator ever stops working, they'd be like... "Escalator out of service... sorry for the convenience." -Mitch Hedberg

Oh, Mitch, you went waaaayyyy to soon. Definitely one of my fav. stand ups to listen to.