PDA

View Full Version : Dear SF.com: help me name a charity

Veritas
5/1/2010, 08:16 PM
One of the goals my wife and I have had for several years is to start a charity with the intent of helping adoptive parents to fund the costs of domestic and international adoption. We both see adoption to be such a powerful human gift, but we see many families struggle to come up with the thousands of dollars required to adopt.

It's been wonderful to anonymously help out a couple of families in my in-law church; it's amazing to know that your money is going to something that really and truly matters.

So anyway...we've got things lined up with our attorney, the papers are all ready, but we can't think of a name. I tried to convince my wife that "Children of the Corn" would be awesome, but I got vetoed. "Verititties Kiddies" was also shot down.

We don't want anything cheesy or schmaltzy, but we would like something that communicates that core motivation of giving other humans a chance at life, even if it's just one person at a time.

Soonerfan88
5/1/2010, 08:17 PM
Children by Choice

olevetonahill
5/1/2010, 08:28 PM
Kinda a take off of the Doctors with out Borders

How Children without Borders
Parents without boarders.

Some thing like that

royalfan5
5/1/2010, 08:42 PM
How about "Adopting to Circumstance"

soonerinabilene
5/1/2010, 09:03 PM
veritangelina?

soonerinabilene
5/1/2010, 09:04 PM
oh and a phenomenal choice of charity, by the way.

delhalew
5/1/2010, 10:21 PM
Dang, I really liked Children of the Corn. Adopt a Husker.

homerSimpsonsBrain
5/1/2010, 10:28 PM
In honor of your tax thread; 'My Little Deduction'.

Yer a good egg Veritas

yermom
5/1/2010, 10:35 PM
you really need to work on the Children of the Corn thing :D

how about Yermom's Kids?

OU_Sooners75
5/1/2010, 11:17 PM
Shuck-A-Kid

Now that I have actually typed it out, it does not read as good as I originally thought.

OU_Sooners75
5/2/2010, 02:43 PM
Hey Veritas,

It sounds kinda like what the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption does.

Good luck on this charity. Sounds like a very good thing to do. I applaud you and your wife for doing what you have done and what you are trying to do now!

Collier11
5/2/2010, 05:41 PM
Very cool V, thats an awesome thing to do...as far as a name, how about...

Little Kid Lovers :D

SunnySooner
5/2/2010, 06:22 PM
Bugeater Babies

Hugs from Bugs

Full House Huskers

Kornfed Kiddos

Cribs Full of Cornhuskers

Ok, ok...hmmm...Loved By Choice, FamilyBuilders, Armful Adoption Assistance, True Families...that's all for now, lemme percolate, I may think of some more.

Hats off to you, bro, allsome.

GottaHavePride
5/2/2010, 07:12 PM
Adopt-a-tron 5000

That's all I got. ;)

SanJoaquinSooner
5/2/2010, 07:14 PM
Bugeater Babies

Hugs from Bugs

Full House Huskers

Kornfed Kiddos

Cribs Full of Cornhuskers

Ok, but don't name it KiddieKorn

StoopTroup
5/2/2010, 08:13 PM
Would the money you spend on adopting kids be better served helping the folks of the World that are hungry? I'm not saying what you are trying to do isn't a good thing to do either...I'm just saying that 60% of the World Population would probably think a bowl of rice tonight was a 10 course meal.

soonerhubs
5/2/2010, 09:15 PM
"Completing Families" Is my suggestion. This is a great idea, and when I am on my feet I'd love to donate to this.

Dio
5/2/2010, 11:07 PM
Too bad "The Human Fund" is already taken.

Good on ya, V.

Veritas
5/3/2010, 08:53 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Mjcpr
5/3/2010, 09:08 AM
The After Taxes Fund?

StoopTroup
5/3/2010, 09:21 AM
V....

As the Adoption thing for us is more of a important thing say if a relative or close freind were to leave kids behind due do unforseen circumstances...we decided to help with Food Bank issues. I know whatever you decide to do is from your heart and will help people.

I guess if that's the path you are headed....may I suggest...you find a great Nebraska Player who has a success story of adoption and ask him if you could do it in his Honor.

NormanPride
5/3/2010, 09:48 AM
I second Children by Choice, if it's not already taken...

KHS Sooner
5/3/2010, 09:52 AM
Would the money you spend on adopting kids be better served helping the folks of the World that are hungry? I'm not saying what you are trying to do isn't a good thing to do either...I'm just saying that 60% of the World Population would probably think a bowl of rice tonight was a 10 course meal.

lol apparently you need to donate some of the food in ur kitchen LOL

might help some thigns.

StoopTroup
5/3/2010, 10:14 AM
lol apparently you need to donate some of the food in ur kitchen LOL

might help some thigns.

Hmmmmm...you've sent me PMs apologizing and asking forgiveness and I still have them.

badger
5/3/2010, 12:30 PM
How about Hearts Oceans APart, or HOAP for short (sounds like "hope," but is spelled like "soap" so you know it's pronounced "Hope")

You could also make the H stand for "Homes" or even "Huskers" if you're gearing this more toward a Nebbish thing :D

Lott's Bandana
5/3/2010, 05:32 PM
FacilitatingFamilies (.org)