PDA

View Full Version : Which NFL team will your root for the most?

Boffingham
5/1/2010, 12:42 PM
Is it based on playing time for OUr Sooners or who you liked the most? Will you migrate to a new Sooner team like the Rams, Bucs, Redskins or Bengals or stick with the oldies like the Ravens or Bears?

sooner59
5/1/2010, 02:48 PM
1. Vikings (ever since AD was drafted)
2. Rams (when Sam starts playing)
3. I already like the Bucs
4. I generally like the Ravens as a whole as well (players, coach, strategy)

For all the other teams, I just hope OUr players shine.

JLEW1818
5/1/2010, 02:52 PM
Houston all the way

i will watch the Rams now when Sam starts playing

Curly Bill
5/1/2010, 03:21 PM
Dallas

I do pay more attention to other teams when there are Sooners on them, but still a Cowboys fan

Aries
5/1/2010, 03:29 PM
Rams have been my favorite team since around 1970, so no change. I'm thrilled that Sam is there now, though.

delhalew
5/1/2010, 04:22 PM
The only factor for me is were our Sooners are. Otherwise, I could give a damn about any of them.

yermom
5/1/2010, 04:25 PM
Dallas

I do pay more attention to other teams when there are Sooners on them, but still a Cowboys fan

same here

ccmike9
5/1/2010, 04:39 PM
Sadly, the Lions. I'm from Detroit.

Besides them, The saints, Vikes, and I'm not sure why, but the Chargers

Collier11
5/1/2010, 04:39 PM
wont root for any of them as im a Chiefs fan except maybe the Vikes...I will root for the OU guys though

GottaHavePride
5/1/2010, 05:14 PM
The only factor for me is were our Sooners are. Otherwise, I could give a damn about any of them.

This. Except couldn't give a damn. ;)

swardboy
5/1/2010, 05:21 PM
From Missouri, always been partial to the team in St. Louis...but now I'm over the top excited with Sammy there.

Cant' help but check in on the Vikes though with AD.

PalmBeachSooner
5/1/2010, 07:34 PM
1. Vikings (ever since AD was drafted)
2. Rams (when Sam starts playing)
3. I already like the Bucs
4. I generally like the Ravens as a whole as well (players, coach, strategy)

For all the other teams, I just hope OUr players shine.

I'm on board with this.

KYSooner
5/1/2010, 07:36 PM
Will never allow the Cowboys to slip from my #1 spot...

2) Vikings b/c of AD
3) Bengals b/c of Gresham...lived a long time in Cincy and have hated them forever but they may now have potentially the best TE ever (person and talent).
4)Rams...good luck Sammy!

Salt City Sooner
5/1/2010, 07:38 PM
Is it based on playing time for OUr Sooners or who you liked the most? Will you migrate to a new Sooner team like the Rams, Bucs, Redskins or Bengals or stick with the oldies like the Ravens or Bears?
Don't have to migrate; I've been a Bengal fan for almost 30 years. Other than that, I hope all the guys I've had the pleasure of watching on Owen Field tear the league up a new one & win every game they play unless it's against the Stripes.

Soonerfan88
5/1/2010, 07:46 PM
I generally just cheer for the Sooners but being close to St Louis I'm sure I'll start paying more attention to the Rams now that Sam is there.

fossil
5/1/2010, 07:48 PM
Cowboys always, but for the Rams because of Sam. Broncos are last on my list and if I never hear the name Tebow again, it will be too soon.

ouduckhunter
5/1/2010, 08:22 PM
I'll cheer for any team with a Sooner on it, although it helps if we get to see a lot of their games. We get lots of west coast games on our cable so I may have to start hanging out in the bars that get all the games on Sundays.

Makes for a long weekend hanging out in bars! :D

Eielson
5/1/2010, 08:25 PM
1. Rams
2. Vikings

DakotaSooner
5/1/2010, 09:19 PM
I just want to thank the Broncos. I am a Vikings fan and I seriously don't think I could ever have watched Tebow hand the ball to AD.

Boomer!!
5/1/2010, 09:30 PM
NFC: Vikings
AFC: Jets (Started liking them last year, I like their style of football)

Will always pull for Sam though

oumartin
5/1/2010, 11:05 PM
Hey look, AD just put the ball on the turf again. :D

Breadburner
5/1/2010, 11:18 PM
Anyone playing the Cowboys......

Eielson
5/2/2010, 12:23 AM
Hey look, AD just put the ball on the turf again. :D

I've never seen somebody so ridiculed for a 100+ yard, 3 touchdown game.

Stitch Face
5/2/2010, 10:23 AM
I just want to thank the Broncos. I am a Vikings fan and I seriously don't think I could ever have watched Tebow hand the ball to AD.

I thought the Vikes were going to take Claussen early in the second. Still would have been annoying, but not as bad as Tebow.

texaspokieokie
5/2/2010, 10:33 AM
Breadburner
i'm with you, whoever is playing the cowgirls !! (dallas)

Crimson Kid
5/2/2010, 02:19 PM
I'm a fish fan 1st. Rams fan 2nd. Bucs fan 3rd.

I'll pull for any sooner not playing these teams. I'll probably keep a eye on gresh also.

Soonermagik
5/2/2010, 08:44 PM
I've been a crazy bucs fan for the last 10 years, so Gerald coming makes it even easier. Every OU player taken in the 1st round has been a pro-bowler i.e. Leroy Selmon, Davin Joseph and hopefully now G. McCoy.

I'll also root for the vikings, rams and bengals because of all the OU players.

Boarder
5/2/2010, 11:57 PM
The cowboys giving Drew Pearson's number to dez bryant is yet another blasphemy that has confirmed my disgust for neo-Dallas. I dropped them the day they signed owens and have not looked back.

Vikings.

IronHorseSooner
5/3/2010, 01:20 AM
I have always been a Cowboys fan, but they have really been rubbing me the wrong way lately. I live in Tampa, when I'm not in a combat zone, so the Bucs have been growing on me. I bet it really torques these FLA fans who are also Bucs fans that GK is going to be the bedrock of their D, and when they drive home everyday, they must drive on a road named for a Sooner and the only Buc in the HoF (The Lee Roy Selmon Expressway).

Chuck Bao
5/3/2010, 02:04 AM
I have been a fan of the Vikes since Fran Tarkenton led the team in the 70s.

I have been a fan of the Rams since that mustachioed (Asian-American) Roman Gabriel was hurling the ball way down the field.

I am loving that Sooners are helping to rebuild and renew these two franchises.

But, you really have to be careful around my mom and her sisters in saying anything bad or rooting against the Dallas Cowboys and that is still true after more than 40 years. They were fans when the Dallas Cowboys franchise started and they are not going to change their mind now, regardless of what Jerry has done to the team. They still see Tom Landry on the sidelines and the good guys always wearing white. They still see Roger Staubach, who was drafted at the age of 27 because he fulfilled his military committment. They still see Bob Lilly and Lee Roy Jordan on defense and that real life cowboy Walt Garrison running the ball.

So yeah, I am still a Cowboys fan. If I am not, I have to be very quiet about it.

...sooner
5/3/2010, 09:06 AM
Vikings
Colts
Ravens

but of course ill watch sammy & jermaine & gk & everyone else!

badger
5/3/2010, 11:32 AM
1. Packers
2-32: Doesn't matter, but I like to see Sooner alums do well, so long as it isn't as the expense of the Packers.

SteelClip49
5/3/2010, 12:20 PM
ALWAYS THE STEELERS!

goingoneight
5/3/2010, 12:29 PM

Don't worry... he wouldn't. Tebow runs the ball and passes it all by himself. Why, Denver's considering dropping the whole I-formation crap, backs and everything. Why block when your QB is so tough, so strong, so fast? It's like AD meets Peyton Manning, I tell you.

goingoneight
5/3/2010, 12:31 PM
I have been a fan of the Vikes since Fran Tarkenton led the team in the 70s.

I have been a fan of the Rams since that mustachioed (Asian-American) Roman Gabriel was hurling the ball way down the field.

I am loving that Sooners are helping to rebuild and renew these two franchises.

But, you really have to be careful around my mom and her sisters in saying anything bad or rooting against the Dallas Cowboys and that is still true after more than 40 years. They were fans when the Dallas Cowboys franchise started and they are not going to change their mind now, regardless of what Jerry has done to the team. They still see Tom Landry on the sidelines and the good guys always wearing white. They still see Roger Staubach, who was drafted at the age of 27 because he fulfilled his military committment. They still see Bob Lilly and Lee Roy Jordan on defense and that real life cowboy Walt Garrison running the ball.

So yeah, I am still a Cowboys fan. If I am not, I have to be very quiet about it.

He's only twice made them relevant from nothing and won three Super Bowls. I mean, what else has he done?

salth2o
5/3/2010, 12:39 PM
Cowboys.

and I like to follow the success of any former players.

Boarder
5/3/2010, 12:49 PM
He's only twice made them relevant from nothing and won three Super Bowls. I mean, what else has he done?
He signed terrell owens. That is the unforgivable sin.

There's also pacman jones, tank johnson, Wade (HAHA) Phillips, fake Roy Williams, etc.

The most damning thing is that the cowboys organization does not give a crap about their fans at all. They are strictly a money-making machine and if you don't like it, **** off. The way that I was treated in my last two years of season ticket ownership made me want to give up on them and the owens thing was the final straw.

My Dallas Cowboys are forever dead. I've accepted that and moved on.

Bourbon St Sooner
5/4/2010, 02:12 PM
I can root for the Saints and, while doing so, root for 4 former Sooners (assuming Jammal Brown doesn't get traded soon).

Life is good!

BudSooner
5/4/2010, 09:10 PM
1. Bucs always first.
2. Steelers(i'm sick of Ben's BS though)
3. Vikes(thank god they are not in the Bucs division anymore...heh)
4. Rams(never been a Rams fan, but I am now)
5. Jets(**** if I know why)
6. Packers(loves me some Cheeseheads, small town team feeling I guess)
7-30..anybody.
31. Patriots.
32. Da Boys.

rabot10
5/5/2010, 02:51 PM
49ers

OUmillenium
5/6/2010, 09:47 AM
Dallas

Me too. Dallas fan since the late 70s and days of Danny White. When I was in early elementary I had a sweet Dallas "letter jacket". Wore it out!!

My wife got me a similar jacket for Christmas 2 years ago. Awesome. It's snooped up a bit with a bunch of championship patches but I love it.

I am fired up for Dez Bryant even though I can't tolerate lOSUr.

I love following Sooners in the NFL and pulling against whorns in the NFL. My ultimate wish this year is that Auston English hits colty so hard in practice that McCoys vagina explodes.