PDA

View Full Version : What was this Deputy thinking ?

olevetonahill
5/1/2010, 12:58 AM
No way in hell should he have tried to interfere with these PEACE LOVING IMMIGRANTS :mad:

Leave em alone Dayum it and No one gets hurt !

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100501/ap_on_re_us/us_arizona_deputy_shot

Flagstaffsooner
5/1/2010, 07:12 AM
I can't say anything or lex will neg me as a racist.

So whats the prob?
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m128/BATluvs3/Ron_White.jpg

AlbqSooner
5/1/2010, 07:58 AM
"Tina 11 hours ago Report Abuse And here is a good example of what we deal with daily in AZ. Welcome to our world and Obama...go F yourself for disregarding us."

Flag? Do you post comments under the name Tina???:D

SanJoaquinSooner
5/1/2010, 08:14 AM
Some of you guys are totally clueless.

Making illegal presence a state crime isn't going to stop drug smuggling. Follow the money. It's about supply and demand.

Did making possession of marijuana a state crime solve the drug problem?

Castrating drug users would be more effective (nothing personal, Crucifax:) ).

Flagstaffsooner
5/1/2010, 08:26 AM
"Tina 11 hours ago Report Abuse And here is a good example of what we deal with daily in AZ. Welcome to our world and Obama...go F yourself for disregarding us."

Flag? Do you post comments under the name Tina???:DNo, I'm Nina Elizabeth.:(

Okla-homey
5/1/2010, 10:35 AM
LEGALIZE POT NOW!

People. It's a plant. it grows like a weed, hence one of its nicknames. Unlike alcohol.

When you light it and breath the smoke, you have nice feelings.

No one ever OD'ed on pot. It's impossible. Unlike alcohol.

There is no evidence it's addictive. Unlike alcohol.

If we legalize it, the criminal element that is necessarily responsible for its distribution will have to make their money doing something else. Probably legitimately. Like with the bunch who formerly illegally distributed alcohol after prohibition was repealed.

Someone please explain this legal pot ban to me. srsly.

P.S. No, I'm not a regular pot user. Never have been.

yermom
5/1/2010, 10:38 AM
i was just thinking the same thing Homey

these headlines about this story are stupid

he was shot by drug smugglers. did he check their papers? they could have easily been born in Tucson :D

Harry Beanbag
5/1/2010, 11:37 AM
All of you Okies are ****ing clueless on this issue, not just Homey. I apologize for singling him out.

yermom
5/1/2010, 11:46 AM
it's not like they are migrant workers carrying weed and guns

to call them immigrants is intellectually dishonest

if Mexicans could enter legally this would still be a problem

yermom
5/1/2010, 11:46 AM
and my family never went to California either ;)

MR2-Sooner86
5/1/2010, 11:53 AM
LEGALIZE POT NOW!

People. It's a plant. it grows like a weed, hence one of its nicknames. Unlike alcohol.

If we legalize it, the criminal element that is necessarily responsible for its distribution will have to make their money doing something else. Probably legitimately. Like with the bunch who formerly illegally distributed alcohol after prohibition was repealed.

Someone please explain this legal pot ban to me. srsly.

P.S. No, I'm not a regular pot user. Never have been.

Homey you're a lawyer right? Why don't you start working your magic and legalize this stuff. I have faith in you.

As for why pot was made illegal, I've posted these before but I find them funny.

Harry J. Anslinger was head of the Bureau of Narcotics when marijuana was made illegal. Here is what he had to say about it.

“There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others.”

“…the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races.”

“Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death.”

“Reefer makes darkies think they’re as good as white men.”

“Marihuana leads to pacifism and communist brainwashing”

“You smoke a joint and you’re likely to kill your brother.”

“Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind.”

Now if you want to believe the conspiracy theories Anslinger was supported by DuPont chemical company and various pharmaceutical companies in the effort to outlaw cannabis. DuPont had patented nylon, and wanted hemp removed as competition. The pharmaceutical companies could neither identify nor standardize cannabis dosages, and besides, with cannabis, folks could grow their own medicine and not have to purchase it from large companies.

Harry Beanbag
5/1/2010, 12:13 PM
it's not like they are migrant workers carrying weed and guns

to call them immigrants is intellectually dishonest

if Mexicans could enter legally this would still be a problem

They're illegals and shouldn't be here. If the ****ing border was secured the violent crime rate in Phoenix would drop by half.

Okla-homey
5/1/2010, 01:59 PM
They're illegals and shouldn't be here. If the ****ing border was secured the violent crime rate in Phoenix would drop by half.

I've said time and again, no way to "secure" the border unless and until we start shooting unarmed border jumpers. And that ain't gonna happen under this, or any other administration.

The point here though, is these guys who shot the deputy are crooks. And frankly, their nationality is immaterial.

AlbqSooner
5/1/2010, 07:14 PM
One point is that, as Homey said, these guys are crooks. Due to that fact, the deputy had 'probable cause' to stop them. Had he successfully stopped them, observing that they were drug smuggling people who had the physical appearance of many Mexicans, in an area very close to the border, would have given him 'reasonable suspicion' to inquire about their immigration status.

Sorry, but I fail to see the component of racism in that. I fail to see it, other than the fact that the AZ immigration law embarrased Brack, and anything that embarrases or is otherwise offensive to him is, ipso facto, racist.

Leroy Lizard
5/1/2010, 08:07 PM
LEGALIZE POT NOW!

Irrelevant. Opium is a plant. Water is not. So what?

Ole Ricky Williams seems to have a hard time getting away from it. And if it isn't addictive, why are guys getting busted for smoking it right before NFL tryouts?

Anything that makes you feel good can be addictive. I knew people who smoked the stuff in high school that couldn't get through the week without it. Sure, they didn't have a chemical dependency on it, but they wanted to smoke the stuff real bad.

Enough to break the law and risk getting busted, by the way.

If we legalize it, the criminal element that is necessarily responsible for its distribution will have to make their money doing something else. Probably legitimately.

Oh, brother!

The biggest pushers of alcohol during Prohibition was the Mob. Making alcohol legal did not turn them into upstanding citizens. Instead, they turned to narcotics. Again, the golden era of the Mafia was in the 1950s, long after Prohibition was repealed.

The evil want your money. If they can't get you to give it to them in exchange for drugs, they will steal it from you or try to get you to buy something else that's illegal.

But my main reason for opposing legalization is simple: I don't think we should bend over for those who willingly break our laws. What message does that send? Break the law enough and the law will cave in to your demands? Screw that.

StoopTroup
5/1/2010, 08:08 PM
I'm pretty sure there were a lot of folks really pissed about Bill and Hillary being a couple of dirty lib pot smokers.

Now...some of the same folks want it legalized....

Life is funny.

Also...Physical Addiction and Habitual Addiction are different things as LL has stated.

I know plenty of folks that always tried to do stuff that they probably shouldn't have just to feel the experience while they were stoned.

I'll continue to agree that they should make it legal...but it won't ever be the way pot smokers dream it will be. Matter of fact...I bet if they ever do make it legal...users will regret asking for it to be legislated as legal.

If you want to smoke pot legally I'll agree that you can get yourself registered as a legal pot smoker but your Driver's License will be revoked. I also think you should be able to make yourself a legal heroin or Meth or whatever user too. Your just going to need to ride the bus or a cab wherever you go and if you go ahead and try to "STICK IT TO THE MAN" and drive anyway...you should be charged with attempted murder. :D

I know that might be a little strong...but I don't want the guy with his hand on the Nuclear Warheads to have smoked pot. I don't want my Dentist or Doctor or Surgeon getting high on the weekends. I don't want my Airline Pilot or Taxi cab Driver or whatever to have smoked pot in the last 30 days either.

I just think there are still going to need to be limits if they ever do legalize it and it will be a huge ****ing mess.

Leroy Lizard
5/1/2010, 08:10 PM
fail to see it, other than the fact that the AZ immigration law embarrased Brack, and anything that embarrases or is otherwise offensive to him is, ipso facto, alright by me.

Fixed it for myself.

TUSooner
5/1/2010, 09:10 PM
I believe there is ample evidence that the costs to society of criminalizing marijuana have already far exceeded, and do now exceed, the costs to society of legalization and regulation. That is why it should be legalized, regulated, and taxed.

Anyone who cites Prohibition (of booze) in support of the prohibition of marijuana just hasn't been paying attention.

In other words....

The biggest pushers of alcohol during Prohibition was the Mob. Making alcohol legal did not turn them into upstanding citizens. Instead, they turned to narcotics. Again, the golden era of the Mafia was in the 1950s, long after Prohibition was repealed.
misses the point by a light-year and a half.

Prohibition MADE organized crime. Ending it may not have turned them into "upstanding citizens," but it returned the brewing and distilling industries to the hands of upstanding citizens. Alcohol is now regulated and taxed. It hasn't stopped drunk driving or alcohol abuse; neither did Prohibition. But when is the last time two liquor wholesalers settled a dispute with guns in the streets?

Of course, most of the brewers were German immigrants, so maybe they needed to be smacked down, eh?

Consider also the deadly plant tobacco: Even though it is deadly, it is legal and always has been, and it is regulated and taxed. Education has resulted in a reduction of smoking nationwide over the past 4 or 5 decades (I believe), without the need for massive semi-military police forces or the incarceration of hundreds of thousands of smokers.

royalfan5
5/1/2010, 09:20 PM
I suppose it is ironic that if pot where legalized now Dupont would stand to benefit through its Pioneer division as they could start cranking out the Round-Up Ready super pot.

yermom
5/1/2010, 09:28 PM
I'm pretty sure there were a lot of folks really pissed about Bill and Hillary being a couple of dirty lib pot smokers.

Now...some of the same folks want it legalized....

Life is funny.

Also...Physical Addiction and Habitual Addiction are different things as LL has stated.

I know plenty of folks that always tried to do stuff that they probably shouldn't have just to feel the experience while they were stoned.

I'll continue to agree that they should make it legal...but it won't ever be the way pot smokers dream it will be. Matter of fact...I bet if they ever do make it legal...users will regret asking for it to be legislated as legal.

If you want to smoke pot legally I'll agree that you can get yourself registered as a legal pot smoker but your Driver's License will be revoked. I also think you should be able to make yourself a legal heroin or Meth or whatever user too. Your just going to need to ride the bus or a cab wherever you go and if you go ahead and try to "STICK IT TO THE MAN" and drive anyway...you should be charged with attempted murder. :D

I know that might be a little strong...but I don't want the guy with his hand on the Nuclear Warheads to have smoked pot. I don't want my Dentist or Doctor or Surgeon getting high on the weekends. I don't want my Airline Pilot or Taxi cab Driver or whatever to have smoked pot in the last 30 days either.

I just think there are still going to need to be limits if they ever do legalize it and it will be a huge ****ing mess.

too late

so why is someone that smokes pot so much different than someone drinking alcohol or taking Vicodin again?

TUSooner
5/1/2010, 09:30 PM
But my main reason for opposing legalization is simple: I don't think we should bend over for those who willingly break our laws. What message does that send? Break the law enough and the law will cave in to your demands? Screw that.

So (to employ the favored LL method of dispute): The law should never be changed, and everyone who disagrees with the law as it is should be imprisoned. Right?

Pffffft.

Turd_Ferguson
5/1/2010, 10:01 PM
So (to employ the favored LL method of dispute): The law should never be changed, and everyone who disagrees with the law as it is should be imprisoned. Right?

Pffffft.What?...TU, your smarter than that. Right? How about anybody who breaks the law, until it is changed, is imprisoned???

delhalew
5/1/2010, 10:07 PM
What?...TU, your smarter than that. Right? How about anybody who breaks the law, until it is changed, is imprisoned???

Crazy talk.

oumartin
5/1/2010, 11:07 PM
I tell ya, send em all back!

Okla-homey
5/2/2010, 06:55 AM
I tell ya, send em all back!

Why does anyone think "sending them all back" would do any good? Even if we could possibly round them all up. FWIW, the illegal hombres who have jobs here do go back at Christmastime every year. On their own. Then they sneak back after Jan 1. Sooooo, Merry Christmas. :D

TUSooner
5/2/2010, 08:30 AM
What?...TU, your smarter than that. Right? How about anybody who breaks the law, until it is changed, is imprisoned???
I did say "disagree." The point you declined to perceive is that the law changes, and it's not always a clean and painless process. People break bad laws to get them changed, and some of them are punished by for it by the gubment. It's a risk people take. You and LL seem to suggest, "once a law, always a law." I know you don't actually believe that. If everybody thought like that, we'd have the Queen on our money.

Instead of drug prohibition, substitute some restrictive gun law you don't like (or some other liberal power grab), then get up on your hind legs and lecture me about blind, rigid obedience to bad laws. Logical arguments might be made against legalization, but "because it's the law" is circular nonsense.