PDA

View Full Version : What would......

w0lfe
4/30/2010, 02:32 PM
you consider a disappointing season? I know most will say anything less than an NC. But is that the case. Would you be happy with a 2 loss season under just the 2nd year of landry?

KantoSooner
4/30/2010, 02:34 PM
9 wins or less and I'll be at least a bit disappointed.

madillsoonerfan5353
4/30/2010, 02:35 PM
I think anything less than a Big 12 championship and a BCS bowl for me! IMO we need to be ALL IN! We got some good kids headed to Norman but after this year we will have some holes to fill!!

BOOMER!!! 14-0 and a MNC

Mad Dog Madsen
4/30/2010, 02:36 PM
It all comes down to the Red River Rivalry. If we don't beat TX this year I will be very disappointed. I say 1-2 losses wouldn't hurt as bad as long as we beat the cows...

RedstickSooner
4/30/2010, 02:48 PM
It all comes down to the Red River Rivalry. If we don't beat TX this year I will be very disappointed. I say 1-2 losses wouldn't hurt as bad as long as we beat the cows...

What Madsen says.

If we lose this year, we face the very real risk of a permanent decline under Stoops.

fwsooner22
4/30/2010, 02:52 PM
1-11...........BEAT TEXAS

CaliBornSoonerBred
4/30/2010, 03:05 PM
Beat texas, Win another Big 12 Championship, get back on track with a BCS bowl game win would be good, but I think expected. It's a disappointment if we lost to texas and do not win a Big 12 ship.

gaylordfan1
4/30/2010, 04:50 PM
If our line shows no improvement.... If they do the wins will come. If they don't, a disappointing season will ensue.

SouthFortySooner
4/30/2010, 06:21 PM
After the BYU boondoggle in Dallas. I'm just hoping for a penalty free first series. We'll see after that. :mad:

olevetonahill
4/30/2010, 07:48 PM
SFS nailed it :D

I gots My regular readin glasses on and I see a 14 win season this year .

So Naturly #8v:cool:

Crucifax Autumn
4/30/2010, 08:50 PM
I'm dissapointed any year we don't beat texass, win the big 12, and take another MNC. When that doesn't happen, I'm still proud to be a Sooner.

Leroy Lizard
4/30/2010, 08:54 PM
I want to see us beat Texas AND play for the conference title. Anything else will be disappointing.

meoveryouxinfinity
5/1/2010, 10:52 AM
slightly disappointing:
-losing the Big 12 championship
-and/or losing a BCS bowl game, especially if we're favored to win.

mildly disappointing:
-losing one of the following games : @OSU, Texas
-failing to win the South

extremely disappointing:
-losing three of the following games: FSU, Cinci, Texas, TAMU, OSU, Mizzou
-losing a mid tier bowl game

But in general, anything less than the cotton bowl will be failure in my eyes. I think we should make enough progression from last season to AT LEAST make it to that game. I also think we should set our sights on winning the South division (in a down year for the South). Texas should be inconsistent at best this year and losing to them should also be disappointing.

PDXsooner
5/1/2010, 11:41 AM
I want to see us beat Texas AND play for the conference title. Anything else will be disappointing.

exactly

GottaHavePride
5/1/2010, 01:10 PM
I think anything less than a Big 12 championship and a BCS bowl for me! IMO we need to be ALL IN! We got some good kids headed to Norman but after this year we will have some holes to fill!!

BOOMER!!! 14-0 and a MNC

Yeah, but there's holes to fill EVERY year. I mean, look at this year - 4 of the first 5 picks in the draft? Tell me THOSE aren't holes to fill.

(Yes, I realize Gresham didn't play at all and Sam just barely, but they were still present on the sidelines.)

TMcGee86
5/1/2010, 02:08 PM
we have GOT to be texas this year. they win this year and all of the sudden our 5-0 streak no looks like nothing. They would have 5-1 on us and all the momentum for the next three years or however long Gilbert stays.

Ugg. Just the thought makes me sick.