Turd_Ferguson
4/29/2010, 10:34 AM
can of doderant and a match. YWIA.

Harry Beanbag
4/29/2010, 10:34 AM
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/boley011/architecture/flamethrower.jpg

goingoneight
4/29/2010, 11:37 AM
Got any starter fluid? That will make 'em drop dead instantly. Something about the Ether and their breathing.

yermom
4/29/2010, 11:52 AM
does this smell like ether to you?

salth2o
4/29/2010, 12:13 PM
Got any starter fluid? That will make 'em drop dead instantly. Something about the Ether and their breathing.

Gas will do the same...

yermom
4/29/2010, 12:17 PM
they really don't like water either

i'd probably just hit the thing with the hose

i'd explore the exit strategy first though :D

is this thing attached to your house, or on the street?

StoopTroup
4/29/2010, 12:25 PM
I'd leave them the hell alone if you've never messed with them before. Those little bastages will hunt your *** down if you don't do it right.

Now...if you are going to do it yourself...please be sure someone is videoing you doing it. PLEASE? :D

Turd_Ferguson
4/29/2010, 12:30 PM
Some of you guy's act like a wasp sting is akin to an .45 shot to the madula...kill the sumbitch's with some gas and/or fire, and be done with it.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/29/2010, 12:31 PM
Had 2 paper wasps building nests in the door frame of our Dodge Grand Caravan. One on each side door and at the same place. That wasp killer stuff acts fast!

StoopTroup
4/29/2010, 12:31 PM
aY_EKfu4bCo

yermom
4/29/2010, 12:32 PM
i ****ing hate those things

i had one sting me when i was younger and i ran in the house

the damn thing was still on my arm and stung me again

i got him the second time :mad:

Turd_Ferguson
4/29/2010, 12:41 PM
aY_EKfu4bCoHe's talk'n about his mail box...who the **** would be stupid enough to stuff paper into the ext wall of a house and set it on fire...had to have been a liberal.:D

StoopTroup
4/29/2010, 12:42 PM
j-Kqatv9pf0&feature=related

Turd_Ferguson
4/29/2010, 12:47 PM
j-Kqatv9pf0&feature=relatedDems Hornets...and I wouldn't go near them with fire....you'd need some high pressure, long stream, deadly **** for them.:D

C&CDean
4/29/2010, 01:30 PM
Y'all don't understand. GHP is allergic to all known and unknown elements in the universe including ****ing air. A simple wasp sting and our boy is in ICU - or worse.

Here's how you deal with wasps. Get up early in the morning while it's cool. They're lethargic then, and aren't all wound up. Get you some good wasp killer spray, and go spray the **** outta the nest and them. They'll drop like flies. Just make sure you have shoes on. I've done it barefoot, and then stepped on a dead wasp and the little ****er still stung me.

After you've killed them all, knock the nest off.

GottaHavePride
4/29/2010, 01:36 PM
Y'all don't understand. GHP is allergic to all known and unknown elements in the universe including ****ing air. A simple wasp sting and our boy is in ICU - or worse.

Here's how you deal with wasps. Get up early in the morning while it's cool. They're lethargic then, and aren't all wound up. Get you some good wasp killer spray, and go spray the **** outta the nest and them. They'll drop like flies. Just make sure you have shoes on. I've done it barefoot, and then stepped on a dead wasp and the little ****er still stung me.

After you've killed them all, knock the nest off.

This.

I was really just complaining that I was out of wasp killer. Not like I'm gonna pull a Norm and light my yard on fire. ;)

And you can all relax, PG took care of it. Heh.

StoopTroup
4/29/2010, 01:42 PM
LMAO...

Sent in an expert.

StoopTroup
4/29/2010, 01:44 PM
Oh and I don't have a mailbox on my house so no worries with me burning it down either.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-Gue1FFynas/SBSr_nfYz7I/AAAAAAAAA14/lP0KeF_oChQ/s200/redneck_deer_butt_doorbell.jpg

GottaHavePride
4/29/2010, 01:49 PM
Well, it's one of those "communal" mailboxes that mean I have to walk way the hell down the street to get my mail. And I would think that whoever belongs to that other box - that the wasp was nesting in front of - would have already smited (smote?) that wasp.

StoopTroup
4/29/2010, 01:51 PM
You'd think one of those lazy *** mailmen woulda took care of it for ya. :D

GottaHavePride
4/29/2010, 01:56 PM
Nah, it's on the wrong side.

However, I hate the communist mailboxes. I'd rather have my own mailbox in front of my house.

C&CDean
4/29/2010, 01:56 PM
**** that. They don't give no hazardous duty pay.

IB4OU2
4/29/2010, 02:16 PM
Call a few Micks with baseball bats.

badger
4/29/2010, 02:22 PM
It's yardwork season, and part of that is getting rid of bugs. I'm personally debating how to take care of the yard ants without hurting the dogs (who were out this morning eating the organic fertilizer I spread last night)

Seriously - don't smoke em out, just use a spray. Then, when the wasps are gone, wash it out so you don't end up getting anyone sick (like Deano the mailman)

IB4OU2
4/29/2010, 02:25 PM
It's yardwork season, and part of that is getting rid of bugs. I'm personally debating how to take care of the yard ants without hurting the dogs (who were out this morning eating the organic fertilizer I spread last night)

Seriously - don't smoke em out, just use a spray. Then, when the wasps are gone, wash it out so you don't end up getting anyone sick (like Deano the mailman)

You must have tiny dogs.

badger
4/29/2010, 02:36 PM
You must have tiny dogs.

NP thinks they're tiny, I think they're large. They're allegedly husky/shepherd mixes, but there are traces of chow and lab.

Basically dog #1 is...
http://mypetcare.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/chow-chow.jpg
+
http://www.hickerphoto.com/data/media/40/husky_dog_T4214.jpg
=
http://www.breederretriever.com/photopost/data/507/medium/white_lab.jpg
(except one ear is up and one ear is down)

and dog #2 is
http://www.hickerphoto.com/data/media/40/husky_dog_T4214.jpg
+
http://www.dogfacts.org/Mackenzie-River-Husky-dog-pictures.jpg
=
http://stonehedgeshepherds.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/stonehedge-german-shepherds-amboss-02.jpg

So basically, a white lab with a chow chow tongue and husky tail, and an ugly german shepherd with a very, very poofy tail :D

NormanPride
4/29/2010, 02:40 PM
That's a very good description.

And I have no idea why they eat fertilizer. It's very odd.

IB4OU2
4/29/2010, 02:42 PM
We have a Lab/shepherd mix...one of the best dogs wev'e ever had.

Jacie
4/29/2010, 03:21 PM
You are lucky it isn't a hive of Africanized killer bees . . .

badger
4/29/2010, 04:12 PM
That's a very good description.

And I have no idea why they eat fertilizer. It's very odd.

Here's why:
1. Nitrogen: derived from feather meal, blood meal, meat meal bone meal
2. Phosphorus: derived from bone meal
3. Potassium: derived from sulfate potash, which is a mined mineral from the Great Salt Lake.

So basically, instead of their bland fallen twig meals that they usually munch on when we're not looking, they have the chance of eating salted, roasted birdie, complete with bone flavor.

Altogether now - EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! :eek:

C&CDean
4/29/2010, 04:29 PM
This is why I fertilize with anhydrous ammonia, ammonium nitrate, or urea. If the dogs eat it, they'll ****ing die. Nao. Well that, and the fact it actually works whereas all that organic crap ain't worth a ****.

Some weirdo lady here at work is always on my *** about "going organic." She gave us some kind of bug killer for the tomatoes when I told her we had blister beetles on them. She said it was made out of crushed seashells and some other crapola. Anyhow, we sprinkle it all over the tomatoes and the beetles. The only thing that happened was the beetles (who are black) turned white from the powder. It didn't do ****. I sprayed them with some Sevin, and they fell off like they'd been hit with a 2x4.

proud gonzo
4/29/2010, 07:52 PM
can of doderant and a match. YWIA.
Who the hell uses deodorant in a can??

Well, it's one of those "communal" mailboxes that mean I have to walk way the hell down the street to get my mail. And I would think that whoever belongs to that other box - that the wasp was nesting in front of - would have already smited (smote?) that wasp.
if by "way the hell down the street" you mean one house over :rolleyes: :D

Harry Beanbag
4/29/2010, 08:25 PM
Who the hell uses deodorant in a can??

People that want to kill ****ing yellow jackets.

Breadburner
4/29/2010, 08:31 PM
Any solvent will do.....

AggieTool
4/29/2010, 09:06 PM
Soapy water genius.....:mad:

proud gonzo
4/29/2010, 11:36 PM
What not to do...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=2022871
buh.

SoonerInKCMO
4/30/2010, 05:49 PM
Some weirdo lady here at work is always on my *** about "going organic." She gave us some kind of bug killer for the tomatoes when I told her we had blister beetles on them. She said it was made out of crushed seashells and some other crapola.

Diatomaceous earth? It's supposed to kill 'em by absorbing fats in their exoskeleton and thus causing them to dehydrate. How long did you wait after applying it before going with the Sevin? I ask because we're supposed to limit the synthetic pesticides/fertilizer/etc. in our company garden and am wondering how patient I'll have to be if/when we get infested with critters.

OUstud
5/1/2010, 08:28 PM
Came upon this gem in the comments section of that myspace video...guy takes his hornets **** seriously.

myspace.com/hornetshive

Turd_Ferguson
5/1/2010, 08:39 PM
Came upon this gem in the comments section of that myspace video...guy takes his hornets **** seriously.

myspace.com/hornetshive (http://myspace.com/hornetshive)Figures...a ****'n yankee would call a wasp an hornet:D

C&CDean
5/3/2010, 08:33 AM
Diatomaceous earth? It's supposed to kill 'em by absorbing fats in their exoskeleton and thus causing them to dehydrate. How long did you wait after applying it before going with the Sevin? I ask because we're supposed to limit the synthetic pesticides/fertilizer/etc. in our company garden and am wondering how patient I'll have to be if/when we get infested with critters.

If I recall, we waited a day or two. I honestly think the population of beetles increased after putting that crap on. They had several tomato plants eaten down to just the stems and tomatoes - not a leaf on them. I wish that natural stuff worked, but it hasn't for me.

We only spray the garden when there's a pretty serious infestation. If there's a few bugs we don't both.