PDA

View Full Version : Dayum whorns gonna Copy Cat

olevetonahill
4/28/2010, 10:07 AM
Texas lawmaker to introduce anti-immigration bill

2 hrs 35 mins ago

AUSTIN, Texas – A Texas lawmaker says she plans to push for a law similar to Arizona's get-tough immigration measure.

San Antonio Express-News and Houston Chronicle report Wednesday that Republican Rep. Debbie Riddle of Tomball says she will introduce the measure in the January legislative session.

The new Arizona law would require local and state law enforcement to question people about their immigration status — and make it a crime for immigrants to lack registration documents.

Riddle says if the federal government did its job "Arizona wouldn't have to take this action, and neither would Texas."

Democrats say such legislation is misguided and predict it will hurt the GOP politically.

olevetonahill
4/28/2010, 10:08 AM
Heres the Link if ya dont believe it
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100428/ap_on_re_us/us_immigration_texas

1890MilesToNorman
4/28/2010, 10:10 AM
All of the border states have a right to protect their borders, if the feds ain't a gonna do it then more power to the border states.

Chuck Bao
4/28/2010, 10:22 AM
Dang it. I just posted on the football board that the NCAA should boycott Arizona and the BCS should relocate the national title game to either Dallas or Houston.

Now if Texas tries to pull this same crap, it may go to one of the domed stadiums in the north or just skip to New Orleans.

yermom
4/28/2010, 11:01 AM
Chuck, you aren't the first person to mention that about the NCAA. that's why i was asking

i've also heard about issues with H1-B workers and the tech impact in Arizona

i'm sure Texas would have some issues there as well

Breadburner
4/28/2010, 11:08 AM
This is the only time you will not hear me yell **** Texas.......

tommieharris91
4/28/2010, 11:16 AM
All of the border states have a right to protect their borders, if the feds ain't a gonna do it then more power to the border states.

Actually, Art. I Secs. 8 & maybe 10, and Art. IV Sec 4 enumerated those rights to the Feds, and further gave them to Congress. And yea, Congress should do more.

Tulsa_Fireman
4/28/2010, 11:20 AM
WHO GONNA PICK MAH LETTUCE

Chuck Bao
4/28/2010, 11:25 AM
WHO GONNA PICK MAH LETTUCE

I will. I am unemployed and looking for work. That is unless those caps indicate something entirely different and I don't go for that.

Harry Beanbag
4/28/2010, 11:27 AM
I will. I am unemployed and looking for work. That is unless those caps indicate something entirely different and I don't go for that.

There is lettuce in tossed salad, right?

1890MilesToNorman
4/28/2010, 11:28 AM
Actually, Art. I Secs. 8 & maybe 10, and Art. IV Sec 4 enumerated those rights to the Feds, and further gave them to Congress. And yea, Congress should do more.

That's my point, this has been going on far too long so the feds be damned. The folks down there have to take things into their own hands.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/28/2010, 11:28 AM

Huh? Unemployed now???

GottaHavePride
4/28/2010, 12:39 PM
hooray! More legislation will clearly fix the problem of not enforcing the legislation that already exists...

TheHumanAlphabet
4/28/2010, 02:18 PM
hooray! More legislation will clearly fix the problem of not enforcing the legislation that already exists...

Ironic. They pass all this crap (various legislation) and do absolutely nothing or have absolutely no enforcement. All in the name of "Hey we did something."

Flagstaffsooner
4/28/2010, 02:36 PM
WHO GONNA PICK MAH LETTUCEThe unemployed donks after November.

Curly Bill
4/28/2010, 06:28 PM
The unemployed donks after November.

Donks are too lazy to work. Hell, if they wanted to work they'd be Republicans. :D

StoopTroup
4/28/2010, 07:33 PM
Maybe all the donk and republicans could just quit and like Palin did and we could elect a whole new bunch of morons.

GKeeper316
4/28/2010, 07:37 PM

its not that they wont... its more like nobody wants to be a damn border patrol agent.

StoopTroup
4/28/2010, 07:44 PM
its not that they wont... its more like nobody wants to be a damn border patrol agent.

How much does a Border Patrol job pay?

What are the requirements for the job?

Where would you have to live?

Are there good schools there to send your kids?

What if we would give amnesty to convicts that were being released from prison after 5 years of good service as a Border Patrol?

StoopTroup
4/28/2010, 07:47 PM
Can I carry a gun?

What kind or bullet-proof vests do they issue?

Will I get a Chevy Avalancche issued to me?

What about pepper spray and/or nuetralizing bio-agents...will they give you those?

StoopTroup
4/28/2010, 07:49 PM
If allowed to shoot to kill...how many times before they take your gun away or put you on a desk job?

StoopTroup
4/28/2010, 07:51 PM
Are you required to learn spanish? I mean...if they are Americans they should be able to speak fluently to you right? :D

StoopTroup
4/28/2010, 07:52 PM
Will you be able to shoot anyone that says "No hablo engles"?

Curly Bill
4/28/2010, 08:05 PM

I'll do it if I can shoot first and the hell with the asking questions later. :D

StoopTroup
4/28/2010, 08:21 PM
See...positions are already to be filled...we just need someone to send out the applications or post a link where you can apply online....lol

StoopTroup
4/28/2010, 08:21 PM
Also...I can't work on gamedays. :D

Curly Bill
4/28/2010, 08:24 PM
Also...I can't work on gamedays. :D

Good, that means more target practice for me. :D

GKeeper316
4/28/2010, 08:44 PM
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/border_security/border_patrol/recruiting_hiring/

not hiring

StoopTroup
4/28/2010, 08:49 PM
Got me and Curly all worked up for nothing? LMAO!

GKeeper316
4/28/2010, 08:50 PM
join a militia in arizona

StoopTroup
4/28/2010, 08:55 PM
join a militia in arizona

I really enjoyed my trip through New Mexico to the Sun Bowl. We went through 3-4 Border checks on that trip. It was a bit inconvient as it takes a few extra minutes to get through...but all in all...a pleasant experience. They didn't look in out trunk for illegals or anything.

I'd move there before AZ.

delhalew
4/28/2010, 09:05 PM
Just watch the joking around at the border checks. They need to hire you guys so they'll have somebody with a sense of humor.

Leroy Lizard
4/28/2010, 09:17 PM
Are you required to learn spanish? I mean...if they are Americans they should be able to speak fluently to you right? :D

Side note: A few years ago the Dallas school district tried to pass a regulation that would have required Spanish fluency to obtain a job as a principal.

A lot of howling later, they dropped the idea. People saw it for what it was: An attempt to give Hispanics preferential hiring.

StoopTroup
4/28/2010, 09:20 PM
Just watch the joking around at the border checks. They need to hire you guys so they'll have somebody with a sense of humor.

I will 2nd that. I didn't even try to joke with them about my Wife living in Stillwater for a few years and that he should probably check her ID. :D

Skysooner
4/28/2010, 09:39 PM
Texas lawmaker to introduce anti-immigration bill

2 hrs 35 mins ago

AUSTIN, Texas – A Texas lawmaker says she plans to push for a law similar to Arizona's get-tough immigration measure.

San Antonio Express-News and Houston Chronicle report Wednesday that Republican Rep. Debbie Riddle of Tomball says she will introduce the measure in the January legislative session.

The new Arizona law would require local and state law enforcement to question people about their immigration status — and make it a crime for immigrants to lack registration documents.

Riddle says if the federal government did its job "Arizona wouldn't have to take this action, and neither would Texas."

Democrats say such legislation is misguided and predict it will hurt the GOP politically.

Only one thing I have issue with this thread and that's your title. By equating UT to the state of Texas, you are giving them "power" they don't deserve. The state of Texas as a whole is a great place with the exception of that 40 acres just north of downtown Austin...

GKeeper316
4/28/2010, 09:55 PM
Only one thing I have issue with this thread and that's your title. By equating UT to the state of Texas, you are giving them "power" they don't deserve. The state of Texas as a whole is a great place with the exception of that 40 acres just north of downtown Austin...

know what the worst thing about texas is?

all the texans that live there.

Skysooner
4/28/2010, 09:57 PM
know what the worst thing about texas is?

all the texans that live there.

Native Texan here although I moved to Oklahoma in the 6th grade. Spent almost 28 years there and received 2 degrees from OU. I love both states. The University of Texas not so much.

GKeeper316
4/28/2010, 10:25 PM
Native Texan here although I moved to Oklahoma in the 6th grade. Spent almost 28 years there and received 2 degrees from OU. I love both states. The University of Texas not so much.

texas sucks... my brother and his wife live in mesquite. i dont visit them. i only cross the red river once a year, and only if i have tickets to the game.

Skysooner
4/29/2010, 07:42 AM
texas sucks... my brother and his wife live in mesquite. i dont visit them. i only cross the red river once a year, and only if i have tickets to the game.

I love the Dallas area. It is where I spent my early childhood years, and the services are so much better down here than Tulsa was.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/29/2010, 09:07 AM

You're missing a whole lot. There is a great deal about Texas that is better than Oklahoma. Taxes for one. I reserve my hatred for the North 40 in Austin and all the people who claim hail from there or support that acreage.

StoopTroup
4/29/2010, 10:30 AM
Sky...you and Gkeeper got great looking tits.

Skysooner
4/29/2010, 12:39 PM
Sky...you and Gkeeper got great looking tits.

That avi is Emma Caulfield from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Very underrated in looks.