PDA

View Full Version : Lester in hotwater at LSU?

OUmillenium
4/28/2010, 08:20 AM
That was the discussion on Rivals radio this morning. They were interviewing the lead guy from tigerbait.com.

He is not currently in hotwater but they were speculating on what the environment would be if he pulled off another 8 0r 9 win season like the last couple of years.

Didn't seem like that big of deal to me until the Rivals guy mentioned Lester is making $4million per year and that the fanbase expects to be competing for champeenchips for that kind of green.

Let er rip!

badger
4/28/2010, 08:56 AM
I don't think it is just the win-loss total. Lester has done tons of questionable things since arriving at LSU that have nearly (or actually did) cost his team the game... here's the most recent example:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0B9kfnJvB6Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0B9kfnJvB6Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sooner04
4/28/2010, 08:58 AM
Isn't his name actually Leslie?

gaylordfan1
4/28/2010, 09:00 AM
Oh, snap.... I liked how they showed him telling to QB to spike it while the audio was of him saying he has no clue who called it in. Classic. Well Les, when you play with fire eventually you get burned.

RedstickSooner
4/28/2010, 09:23 AM
Les Miles has got to be the luckiest SOB on the face of the earth. Bar none.

Any coach could've won what he's won with the recruitment machine Saban set up. Frankly, Miles should send Nick half his pay each year as a thank-you.

OKLA21FAN
4/28/2010, 09:30 AM
Les Miles has got to be the luckiest SOB on the face of the earth. Bar none.

I'd add Jimmy Johnson to that bar.

SoonerStormchaser
4/28/2010, 09:39 AM
Nah...Jimmuh just had a bunch of semi-pro thugs to play for him in Miamuh

yermom
4/28/2010, 09:53 AM
and then took them to Dallas

OKLA21FAN
4/28/2010, 10:36 AM
Nah...Jimmuh just had a bunch of semi-pro thugs to play for him in Miamuh

the point is the way he got his job. starting w/ Okie Lite.

badger
4/28/2010, 10:44 AM
The thing is... Les can't recruit. He got leftovers at Poke State, and now he's starting to get SEC leftovers for recruits, so his weird coaching is starting to show through.

If Lester/Leslie has anything going for him, it's that he's soooo quirky that he can confuse a top team into losing a la OU in 2001 and 2002 (and nearly 2000 and 2004).

Will he ever win an SEC or national championship again? Not even in the most off-year of college football. LSU's fanbase deserves him though. Put him in the stands with his mouth and you'd mistake him for one of them (no offense, resident LSU fans) :D

OUmillenium
4/28/2010, 11:20 AM
They also talked about "how" LSU obtained their records in the last 2 years including the clock mismanagement stuff.

yermom
4/28/2010, 11:56 AM
when Snoop Dogg is calling you out as a dumbass... :D

MamaMia
4/28/2010, 12:04 PM
That was not what was suppose to happen that day. :P

badger
4/28/2010, 12:33 PM
That was not what was suppose to happen that day. :P

He likes his football team's resolve.

budbarrybob
4/28/2010, 12:39 PM
Or play any sucker :rolleyes:

sooner94
4/28/2010, 12:51 PM
I don't think it is just the win-loss total. Lester has done tons of questionable things since arriving at LSU that have nearly (or actually did) cost his team the game... here's the most recent example:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0B9kfnJvB6Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0B9kfnJvB6Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Wow. He sounds like a bumbling idiot trying to explain what happened.

GottaHavePride
4/28/2010, 12:52 PM
He's a MAN, he's 40!!!

Wait, sorry, the idiots blur together.

badger
4/28/2010, 12:52 PM
They learned stuff that day :P

badger
4/28/2010, 12:56 PM
He's a MAN, he's 40!!!

Wait, sorry, the idiots blur together.

I kind of miss Lester/Leslie/d00shebag in that he always provided quoteables. However, I rather win every year, so I prefer [hairGel] even if [hairGel] has only had one noteable meltdown to date.

The way I see it, even if [hairGel] doesn't meltdown, OP.com will after losses. :D

OKLA21FAN
4/28/2010, 01:08 PM
nooooo
he IS THE HEAD COACH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpcDAaJFpcY
:gary:

badger
4/28/2010, 01:44 PM
nooooo
he IS THE HEAD COACH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpcDAaJFpcY
:gary:

Don't bother calling the number at the end. It's not Les.

Phone: (woman speaking) LSU football!

Me: Sorry, wrong number.

:O

Tigeman
4/28/2010, 08:31 PM
Don't bother calling the number at the end. It's not Les.

Phone: (woman speaking) LSU football!

Me: Sorry, wrong number.

:O

Well Duh... a quick google reference of the # could have told you that! :D You called the LSU recruiting coordinator Frank Wilson! Poor "Head Coach" :les: just can't get any respect! Must be sharing an office! :P 225-578-1151 (http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=177167)

Tigeman
4/28/2010, 08:34 PM
They're just getting pissy cause he isn't following his own policy of "gotta be the best" :D South Park SEC Coaches (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjec_fcj0GY&NR=1)

Breadburner
4/28/2010, 08:48 PM
Not in as much hot water as Lane Kiffen was in at Tenn.....

NSFW Language.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKlDnF-Y3IU

Tigeman
4/28/2010, 09:02 PM
Wasn't that the guy who peed on Kiffin's face on youtube or something like that?

Wishboned
4/29/2010, 08:25 AM
The thing is... Les can't recruit. He got leftovers at Poke State, and now he's starting to get SEC leftovers for recruits, so his weird coaching is starting to show through.

If Lester/Leslie has anything going for him, it's that he's soooo quirky that he can confuse a top team into losing a la OU in 2001 and 2002 (and nearly 2000 and 2004).

Will he ever win an SEC or national championship again? Not even in the most off-year of college football. LSU's fanbase deserves him though. Put him in the stands with his mouth and you'd mistake him for one of them (no offense, resident LSU fans) :D

Miles wasn't the coach at Okie State in 2000.

OUmillenium
4/29/2010, 09:18 AM
?

Oh ok

Simmons last year was 2000, what a sucky game for OU. Heupel prob lost the Heisman that day.

badger
4/29/2010, 11:13 AM
Miles wasn't the coach at Okie State in 2000.

True:D Forget 2000!

Welll.... don't forget 2000... forget Lester! :les:

KantoSooner
4/29/2010, 11:43 AM
Les, Les, Les.
As annoying as he can be, I don't know where CFB would be without him. I mean, we Bob playing the role of the pure-of-heart prince and pretender to the throne. Nick Saban as, basically, Bad King John. Petey as the even present Viking menace. Mack as the Sheriff of Nottingham.

And Les as the village idiot/court jester.

RedstickSooner
4/29/2010, 12:01 PM
Les, Les, Les.
As annoying as he can be, I don't know where CFB would be without him. I mean, we Bob playing the role of the pure-of-heart prince and pretender to the throne. Nick Saban as, basically, Bad King John. Petey as the even present Viking menace. Mack as the Sheriff of Nottingham.

And Les as the village idiot/court jester.

I like your analogy, but I would like to introduce a motion to the floor that we re-cast Petey boy. I think he'd be far better as a scheming, unpredictable but always-malevolent merchant lord of Venice, with his own private army and inscrutable palace politics as motivation.

After all, Vikings I can respect.

KantoSooner
4/29/2010, 12:44 PM
Like maybe 'Iago'?

And Tressel can be Mr. Greenjeans from Captain Kangaroo.
AND <Bonus> Schnelly can be the good Capt. himself!

badger
4/29/2010, 12:58 PM
He could be any comic relief character from Disney flicks, including Iago.

Like... they stupid hyena from Lion King, or the annoying seagull in Little Mermaid, or Gus the mouse in Cinderella.

OUmillenium
4/29/2010, 01:15 PM
Or Shemp of the latter 3 stooges.

KantoSooner
4/29/2010, 02:27 PM
Fine ideas, all, and now:

Urban as the Grand Vizier
and
Bo Pelini as Shrek

bluedogok
4/29/2010, 08:25 PM
Like maybe 'Iago'?

And Tressel can be Mr. Greenjeans from Captain Kangaroo.
AND <Bonus> Schnelly can be the good Capt. himself!
Tressel is more like Mr. Rogers with his sweaters and all.
Schnelly looks more like Captain Kangaroo.....

KantoSooner
4/30/2010, 08:46 AM
Now HERE'S a fun fact: Mr. Rogers was actually a Navy Seal combat veteran (Vietnam).
"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, and if you menace the kids I'll rip your throat out.....would you be mine?"

OUmillenium
4/30/2010, 09:43 AM
I've seen that email and I think it is an urban legend.

KantoSooner
4/30/2010, 09:57 AM
Could be, but I like that reality and intend to stick with it. Sometimes I prefer 'synthetic reality' to the natural form.
It's a 1970's thing....

oklaclarinet
4/30/2010, 10:14 AM
Now HERE'S a fun fact: Mr. Rogers was actually a Navy Seal combat veteran (Vietnam).
"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, and if you menace the kids I'll rip your throat out.....would you be mine?"

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/mrrogers.asp

KantoSooner
4/30/2010, 11:09 AM
Bah, killjoy!

badger
4/30/2010, 11:16 AM
I looked at the popular coaches hot seat blog (grrr, now a paid subscription blog to see the full version) and Lester does not crack that top 10. However, it does have a certain Colorado dude at the top slot and a certain A&M dude at #3.

No SEC coaches in the top ten, which we know can't be akrut - every SEC coach is on the hot seat constantly. It's why two-time crystal footballer Urban Meyer couldn't take a very long sick leave.

RedstickSooner
4/30/2010, 02:42 PM
Sorry, please ignore me.

OU-HSV
4/30/2010, 04:48 PM
Oh, snap.... I liked how they showed him telling to QB to spike it while the audio was of him saying he has no clue who called it in. Classic. Well Les, when you play with fire eventually you get burned.

Exactly. That video was cracking me up.