PDA

View Full Version : Seems Like its working to me.

olevetonahill
4/27/2010, 08:57 PM
Heres an article from AZ that Flag turned me onto. This Law is doing what Oklahoma did a Few years ago .:eek:

Some are Going Home , Some are heading to Border States . some are Playing ****ing Cockroach and just hiding out .

Read the Article :D :D

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSTRE63P5WK20100427

delhalew
4/27/2010, 09:08 PM
It's amazing how just showing that you plan to take the problem seriously works wonders. Illegals have gotten so used to us ignoring our own laws, they think we owe it to them to support them forever.
It's time they realize the American public have had enough.
Vomanos!!

Crucifax Autumn
4/27/2010, 09:38 PM
I just hope the ones leaving for another state go East instead of west. We already have way more than our share of illegals in Vegas and there aren't any jobs for them anyway.

olevetonahill
4/27/2010, 09:38 PM
Mebe I should Change the thread title . To some Like Beaners Head fer the Border !:D

olevetonahill
4/27/2010, 09:43 PM
I just hope the ones leaving for another state go East instead of west. We already have way more than our share of illegals in Vegas and there aren't any jobs for them anyway.

Naw Vegas is safe they Going Here

Others, like Mexican day laborer Jesus Aguilar, 52, say the measure leaves them few options but to leave Arizona and try their luck elsewhere.

"Since the law says that people hiring undocumented day laborers will get fined, no one wants to (hire) us," said Aguilar, who early on Monday was among some two dozen migrants touting for landscaping and building work at a day labor site in north Phoenix.

"We are thinking of going to Utah or New Mexico ... Here it is just too racist," he added

See they Either swimming South er going to Albq place er UP to yer wifes State :cool: :pop:

Curly Bill
4/27/2010, 10:18 PM
It's not like anymore of them are needed in Texas either. ;)

Maybe they'll go to Canada if they don't go back from whence they came.

What's the old saying: Don't go away mad, just go away! :D

Chuck Bao
4/27/2010, 10:50 PM
I don't know. I think this will terribly backfire against Arizona, like the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday thing, but 10 times worse.

I guess if the Big XII decides to boycott the Fiesta Bowl, all of the teams will just move down one spot and there are still enough bowl games for all qualifying Big XII teams.

delhalew
4/27/2010, 10:56 PM
This year = Best Fiesta Bowl Evar.

olevetonahill
4/27/2010, 11:01 PM
I don't know. I think this will terribly backfire against Arizona, like the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday thing, but 10 times worse.

I guess if the Big XII decides to boycott the Fiesta Bowl, all of the teams will just move down one spot and there are still enough bowl games for all qualifying Big XII teams.

Dont Know Chuck but If they Going to ground, Leaving the State by either going to another State or going Home .
The Law seems to be working .;)

delhalew
4/27/2010, 11:23 PM
This one ought to give you a chuckle.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=ap2TZkCU0SSg
Mexico Issues Travel Warning for Arizona Over Law

By Jonathan J. Levin and Catherine Dodge

April 27 (Bloomberg) -- Mexicans in Arizona should carry documentation and “act carefully” after the state passed a law requiring local police to determine the immigration status of anyone suspected of being in the country illegally, Mexico’s Foreign Ministry said.

The ministry said the warning is directed toward Mexicans living, studying or planning to travel to the southwestern U.S. state, which shares a border with northern Mexico, according to the e-mailed statement sent today. It comes as members of U.S. President Barack Obama’s administration said they have concerns about the new law and may seek to overturn it in court.

“There is an adverse political environment for migrant communities and all Mexican visitors,” Mexico’s ministry said. “It’s important to act carefully and respect the local laws.”

The Arizona law makes it a state crime to be in the U.S. without proper documentation. The state has an estimated 460,000 residents living there illegally, the seventh highest total in the country, according to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Opponents say it will lead to discrimination and racial profiling by law enforcement authorities.

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer, who is running for re- election, signed the bill into law on April 23, saying it would address problems of violence along the border with Mexico and crime due to illegal immigration while protecting individual rights.

‘Murderous Greed’

“We cannot sacrifice our safety to the murderous greed of drug cartels,” Brewer said. “We cannot delay while the destruction happening south of our international border creeps its way north.”

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said during congressional testimony in Washington today that her agency has “deep concerns” about the law and that it will “detract from and siphon resources that we need to focus on those in the country illegally who are committing serious crimes.” U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said today that the Justice Department may go to court to challenge the statue.

The law, which goes into effect 90 days after the Arizona legislative session ends, states that police must investigate if they have “reasonable suspicion” that someone is undocumented, according to Gabriel Chin, a professor of Law and Public Policy at the University of Arizona in Tucson. Police officers may face lawsuits if they fail to do so, he added.

‘Angered and Saddened’

“It’s very hard for me to see how this law can be enforced without discrimination,” Chin said in a telephone interview today from Tucson. “It seems to be inevitable.”

Mexican President Felipe Calderon said April 26 that his country’s citizens are “angered and saddened” by the Arizona law, which he said “doesn’t adequately guarantee respect for people’s fundamental rights.”

About a quarter of Arizona’s 6.6 million residents are of Hispanic descent, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.

U.S. Democratic Party leaders said last week that an overhaul of immigration law could advance through Congress this year if Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid can pick up enough support to muscle it through the Senate first, according to April 22 remarks by Reid and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

Pelosi told reporters that she will find the votes for the measure in the House -- where Democrats have 254 of 435 seats -- if the Senate can clear it.

Senator Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina Republican who has been working with Democrats on an immigration overhaul, said rushing legislation this year would be a mistake because it doesn’t have the votes yet to pass.

“The worst thing we could do is bring up immigration reform and have it crash and burn politically,” he told Napolitano. “If immigration comes up this year, it’s absolutely devastating to the future of this issue.”

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/27/2010, 11:32 PM
It's not like anymore of them are needed in Texas either. ;)

Maybe they'll go to Canada if they don't go back from whence they came.

What's the old saying: Don't go away mad, just go away! :DWELCOME TO CANADA, FELLOW NORTEAMERICANOS. NOW YOU WILL SEE WHY IT'S CALLED NORTE!

4/27/2010, 11:35 PM
Signing that bill actually gave Jan a chance for election. It will still be uphill for her, but it was a positive step.

Chuck Bao
4/28/2010, 08:20 AM
This year = Best Fiesta Bowl Evar.

I'm not sure. Unfortunately for them, isn't this is the year that the Fiesta Bowl hosts the national championship game? Oops. Maybe Houston or Dallas should get busy lobbying the BCS for it.

delhalew
4/29/2010, 11:28 PM
I'm not sure. Unfortunately for them, isn't this is the year that the Fiesta Bowl hosts the national championship game? Oops. Maybe Houston or Dallas should get busy lobbying the BCS for it.

That's my point Chuck. How about the Sooners and Boise St return to the scene of the crime. This time, with number eight on the line, what you want to bet we get different results.

Leroy Lizard
4/30/2010, 08:50 PM
Mexican President Felipe Calderon said April 26 that his country’s citizens are “angered and saddened” by the Arizona law, which he said “doesn’t adequately guarantee respect for people’s fundamental rights.”

Dear President Calderon:

If your government was worth a ****, we wouldn't have to be stopping your citizens from entering our country illegally.

SoonerInKCMO
4/30/2010, 08:59 PM
Dear President Calderon:

If your government was worth a ****, we wouldn't have to be stopping your citizens from entering our country illegally.

Maybe if we quit dumping our taxpayer subsidized agricultural products on Mexican markets the Mexican farmer could make a living and not need to emigrate.

If it makes the "deport 'em nao!" crowd happy, they can blame Clinton - NAFTA and the 1996 farm bill marked the beginning of the flood of exports of food to Mexico and imports of illegals to the U.S.

Crucifax Autumn
4/30/2010, 09:48 PM
Bush woulda passed both of those too. He was a big fan of NAFTA just like Clinton and Perot called 'em both out on it repeatedly. He might have convinced people in time to stop it if he wasn't batsh*t crazy.

Leroy Lizard
4/30/2010, 10:44 PM
Maybe if we quit dumping our taxpayer subsidized agricultural products on Mexican markets the Mexican farmer could make a living and not need to emigrate.

If it makes the "deport 'em nao!" crowd happy, they can blame Clinton - NAFTA and the 1996 farm bill marked the beginning of the flood of exports of food to Mexico and imports of illegals to the U.S.

Yes, because before then there was no desire to bust into the U.S. This is all our fault and Mexico's incompetence has nothing to do with it.

Sure.

soonerinkaty
4/30/2010, 10:58 PM
But, who will mow the lawns in Arizona?

/racist joke

SoonerInKCMO
4/30/2010, 11:07 PM
Yes, because before then there was no desire to bust into the U.S. This is all our fault and Mexico's incompetence has nothing to do with it.

Sure.

I'm certainly not saying it's all our fault. I'm just saying that there were a million or two Mexicans making a living at farming back in the '90s that no longer can make a living.

StoopTroup
5/1/2010, 12:11 AM
Then you see stuff like this and can begin to understand that the new law might not be the greatest thing....but there are reason folks are concerned and seemingly might seem merciless or even racist. There is a problem and there is no perfect answer that will make everyone happy. Bottomline: People who are easy to recognize as legitimate have had enough.

v7EhLKp2JLw

StoopTroup
5/2/2010, 07:39 AM
Also...if any of these land owners near the border were to go rogue vigilante on their own down there and dig in somewhere like a Marine Sniper and start offing these drug dealers....folks would cry outrage and some dumbass would spend a billion dollars trying to stop him.

Flagstaffsooner
5/2/2010, 08:42 AM
And at an anti-Arizona rally in SF protesters have a Marxist slant.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?f=/c/a/2010/05/02/BAHD1D86I4.DTL&o=0

KAM

delhalew
5/2/2010, 09:09 AM
And at an anti-Arizona rally in SF protestrrs have a Marxist slant.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?f=/c/a/2010/05/02/BAHD1D86I4.DTL&o=0

KAM

Lucky for them, so does our President.

Flagstaffsooner
5/2/2010, 09:17 AM
Lucky for them, so does our President.

That ahole aint my Prez.

Jacie
5/2/2010, 09:18 AM
But, who will mow the lawns in Arizona?

/racist joke

They don't do lawns in AZ. Everyone's yard is a "rock garden."

stoopified
5/2/2010, 12:45 PM
WTF business is it of the MEXICAN president to be concerned over an Arizona law? I am sick to death of racism claims concerning immigration laws,it is NOT about RACE,it is about curtailing ILLEGAL immigration.If we should develop illegal immigration issues with Cannadians,Brits,Swedes,Germans,Aussies,etc.I'm sure the law will be enforced on them as well.

SanJoaquinSooner
5/2/2010, 01:05 PM
WTF business is it of the MEXICAN president to be concerned over an Arizona law?.... If we should develop illegal immigration issues with Cannadians....

Canadians can visit the U.S. with no visa and no waiting period.

Mexicans are treated differently. They are required to have a visa, and not all qualify for one.

GottaHavePride
5/2/2010, 01:09 PM
WTF business is it of the MEXICAN president to be concerned over an Arizona law? I am sick to death of racism claims concerning immigration laws,it is NOT about RACE,it is about curtailing ILLEGAL immigration.If we should develop illegal immigration issues with Cannadians,Brits,Swedes,Germans,Aussies,etc.I'm sure the law will be enforced on them as well.

I didn't read all the Mexican Prez's comments, but what I did read looked like he was mostly warning his citizens "hey, they've changed the law up there, make sure you have your damn paperwork with you at all times if you want to avoid problems." Why is that a bad thing for him to say?

delhalew
5/2/2010, 01:16 PM
I didn't read all the Mexican Prez's comments, but what I did read looked like he was mostly warning his citizens "hey, they've changed the law up there, make sure you have your damn paperwork with you at all times if you want to avoid problems." Why is that a bad thing for him to say?

He went as far as to discourage travel, stating a hostile political environment. That's not verbatim, but it's close.

olevetonahill
5/2/2010, 01:26 PM
Canadians can visit the U.S. with no visa and no waiting period.

Mexicans are treated differently. They are required to have a visa, and not all qualify for one.

Mericans can Visit Meheco, (at least they used to be able to) with out Visas and **** to .
Just dont get very far south of the border or ya gonna have to SHOW PAPERS

Like has been said

All this carp in MHO is Not about Racism,its Not about Imigration .

Its simply about ****sticks OBEYING the law .

You that are In favor of the Mirant workers coming over thats Great . Dont like the way it works now ?
Do something to CHANGE the Laws and quit calling ME a Racist .
Because I may spout shat off dont make me a racist .
:P

GottaHavePride
5/2/2010, 01:27 PM
EDIT: to delhalew:

Even with that... so? The US State Department issues travel advisories about parts of the world it may not be particularly safe for Americans to go. And from a Mexican's point of view, it's a valid concern. If you travel someplace like Arizona - even if you're they're legally - there are a lot of pissed off people there who are probably going to hassle you just for being Mexican.

5/2/2010, 01:36 PM

Even with that... so? The US State Department issues travel advisories about parts of the world it may not be particularly safe for Americans to go. And from a Mexican's point of view, it's a valid concern. If you travel someplace like Arizona - even if you're they're legally - there are a lot of pissed off people there who are probably going to hassle you just for being Mexican.So, if you are an undocumented, illegally present Mexican National in Arizona, the Mex. govt. saying it's not as accepted as it used to be a few days ago, that situation is "not particularly safe"? Fewer illegal D voters in AZ is "not particularly safe"? huh?

delhalew
5/2/2010, 01:40 PM

Even with that... so? The US State Department issues travel advisories about parts of the world it may not be particularly safe for Americans to go. And from a Mexican's point of view, it's a valid concern. If you travel someplace like Arizona - even if you're they're legally - there are a lot of pissed off people there who are probably going to hassle you just for being Mexican.

I find it amusing to be honest. It is hypocritical considering Mexico's immigration policies and military presence along it's borders. In addition, while Arizona is busy trying to deal with the violence they have right now, they probably see Calderone's warning as a welcome side-effect.

StoopTroup
5/2/2010, 03:15 PM
We should probably just start growing and manufacturing the drugs they send here and make it all legal like I said in another post as long as you register as a user.

Then we can subsidize it all through the Federal Gov't tax the **** out of it and make the stuff they send over the border worthless garbage.

Then you can give them all the work Visas they want...start enforcing the tax burden on the folks who hire them and change the Law that says just because you have a child while here on a work Visas doesn't make you an instant Citizen. Your child would be your child and your responsibility and if you need Healthcare you can go buy it with the dough the guy you work with pays you.

If you don't like it you can go back to wherever you're from and stay there.

If you want to become an American Citizen...then learn English and do some research and figure out how to do it legally.

I don't know what to say about those that fall between the cracks as it's sad that it has gotten to this but if I was one of them and knew someone who was sympathetic to the situation...I would be asking them to vote and run for Office and sponsor them to become an American ASAP.

GottaHavePride
5/2/2010, 03:40 PM
So, if you are an undocumented, illegally present Mexican National in Arizona, the Mex. govt. saying it's not as accepted as it used to be a few days ago, that situation is "not particularly safe"? Fewer illegal D voters in AZ is "not particularly safe"? huh?

From the viewpoint of MEXICAN CITIZENS who might want to enter Arizona LEGALLY as, perhaps, tourists, or just up for some shopping on the weekend, they might want to be aware that they might potentially be harassed by Arizona law enforcement simply for being Mexican, since Arizona currently has a rather hostile view toward Mexicans. This is unclear how?

Harry Beanbag
5/2/2010, 04:37 PM
From the viewpoint of MEXICAN CITIZENS who might want to enter Arizona LEGALLY as, perhaps, tourists, or just up for some shopping on the weekend, they might want to be aware that they might potentially be harassed by Arizona law enforcement simply for being Mexican, since Arizona currently has a rather hostile view toward Mexicans. This is unclear how?

You lost me at the bolded part. :confused: ;)

Chuck Bao
5/2/2010, 05:20 PM
I guess there would be wealthy Mexicans who regularly travel to the US. I'm guessing because I don't normally go where weathly people go. I did meet some rich Mexicans several years ago at a Oakland Raiders - Dallas Cowboys game. I was in San Francisco on a business trip and had the weekend to do anything I wanted. I took the BART to the Oakland side of the bay and bought scalper tickets to see my Cowboys play the Raiders. I sat next to a group from Mexico City and about half of them were Raider fans and about half of them Cowboy fans. It was fun being included in their group and some good natured jawing going on. They knew football (real football) and I guess that they were flying in to attend many games for their teams.

Oh, I know some of you are saying that sports and politics should not be mixed. I agree to some degree. However, I still think that athletes and sports fans still have the right to choose and that will have an impact given Arizona's relatively large sports tourism market.

SanJoaquinSooner
5/2/2010, 06:20 PM
Mericans can Visit Meheco, (at least they used to be able to) with out Visas and **** to .
Just dont get very far south of the border or ya gonna have to SHOW PAPERS

Like has been said

All this carp in MHO is Not about Racism,its Not about Imigration .

Its simply about ****sticks OBEYING the law .

You that are In favor of the Mirant workers coming over thats Great . Dont like the way it works now ?
Do something to CHANGE the Laws and quit calling ME a Racist .
Because I may spout shat off dont make me a racist .
:P

you quoted me, but I hope you weren't referring to me concerning someone calling you a racist. I haven't mentioned race, racism, or racists in any of my posts.

It's not about race, it's about freedom, including the free market of labor.

olevetonahill
5/2/2010, 07:01 PM
you quoted me, but I hope you weren't referring to me concerning someone calling you a racist. I haven't mentioned race, racism, or racists in any of my posts.

It's not about race, it's about freedom, including the free market of labor.

I quoted you because you said sompun about mexicans Visiting here . and I used that to say about mericans visitin THERE :P

StoopTroup
5/2/2010, 07:55 PM
I guess there would be wealthy Mexicans who regularly travel to the US.

There are some...matter of fact this one was on CNN and even stated she didn't have her documents on her at the time.

Why McCain and the AZ Gov didn't send her a squad of folks to help her understand why she needs to have them is beyond understanding. I guess they are already only enforcing the law for the folks that aren't highly suspect.

If you're gonna pass a law...you better enforce it.

It takes very little work to sign a document and start up a huge political National debate but I guess actually enforcing it is where they are going to draw the line. What a bunch of posturing.

http://verbalfiend.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/shakira-laundry-service.jpg

StoopTroup
5/2/2010, 08:08 PM
Oh and Vet....there's absolutely nothing of interest to me in Mexico that I feel the need to go down there for right now. Matter of fact unless they get it together and start working to better the relationship with our Gov't I won't even go near there again. We better do better than the Sun Bowl as I won't go near El Paso again until things are better. It was probably 50-50 down there at the first of the year with folks who were part of the local crowd at the game that felt the need to express some sort of opinion about it being reported that El Paso might not be safe and that Sooners would do well to stay clear of El Paso. The Manager of our Hotel even asked me about it. I told him I'd traveled some and didn't feel uneasy about being there with my Family. Should Texas pass a similar Law as AZ...I won't go near there.

SanJoaquinSooner
5/2/2010, 09:05 PM
I find it amusing to be honest. It is hypocritical considering Mexico's immigration policies and military presence along it's borders. In addition, while Arizona is busy trying to deal with the violence they have right now, they probably see Calderone's warning as a welcome side-effect.

I don't see it being hypocritical. Mexico welcomes most all U.S. citizens to visit without requiring a visa, whereas the U.S. requires Mexican visitors to have a visa, and refuses to issue one to many Mexicans.

I know many Mexicans living in the U.S. who don't carry their resident visa cards with them in fear of losing it. It's a b!tch to replace.

olevetonahill
5/2/2010, 09:34 PM
I don't see it being hypocritical. Mexico welcomes most all U.S. citizens to visit without requiring a visa, whereas the U.S. requires Mexican visitors to have a visa, and refuses to issue one to many Mexicans.

I know many Mexicans living in the U.S. who don't carry their resident visa cards with them in fear of losing it. It's a b!tch to replace.

Lets see here jaun
A US citizen visitin Meheco is gonna do just that . Go visit and then come HOME. Odds are they gonna stand out as Gringos where ever they go .

Now a Mexican National comes to Visit the US . They gonna look just like a Bunch of other citzens here and Not stand out . Plus odds are they WONT go back home .:D

Harry Beanbag
5/2/2010, 09:36 PM
There are some...matter of fact this one was on CNN and even stated she didn't have her documents on her at the time.

Why McCain and the AZ Gov didn't send her a squad of folks to help her understand why she needs to have them is beyond understanding. I guess they are already only enforcing the law for the folks that aren't highly suspect.

If you're gonna pass a law...you better enforce it.

It takes very little work to sign a document and start up a huge political National debate but I guess actually enforcing it is where they are going to draw the line. What a bunch of posturing.

http://verbalfiend.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/shakira-laundry-service.jpg

She's Colombian. ;)

The law doesn't go into effect until 90 days after then end of the legislative session.

olevetonahill
5/2/2010, 09:36 PM
Plus as Ive said and Most that have ever Traveled south of the border can attest
You get very far south , IE 50 miles er so and You best Have Papers ready or be ready to Pay a Bribe .

delhalew
5/2/2010, 10:00 PM
Yeah, if you leave your fancy resort, you will find yourself in a world of curruption were your civil rights mean dick.

SanJoaquinSooner
5/2/2010, 11:08 PM
Plus as Ive said and Most that have ever Traveled south of the border can attest
You get very far south , IE 50 miles er so and You best Have Papers ready or be ready to Pay a Bribe .

1. never drive into Mexico.

2. fly in and hang with a native. it's the only way to do it.

olevetonahill
5/3/2010, 12:33 AM
1. never drive into Mexico.

But what if i want to sneak in ?

2. fly in and hang with a native. it's the only way to do it.

Can the same thing NOT be said about the Messicans coming here ?:rolleyes:

KHS Sooner
5/3/2010, 01:38 AM
all i know is that if we start getting overpopulated with lazy sponging people then we will turn into mexico.

KHS Sooner
5/3/2010, 01:39 AM
oh and the mexicans presidents view of this subject or pathetic and he makes all mexicans seem retarded.

SicEmBaylor
5/3/2010, 01:48 AM
oh and the mexicans presidents view of this subject or pathetic and he makes all mexicans seem retarded.

I think I probably agree with you, but I'm not sure because you're totally incomprehensible with that **** in your mouth.

Crucifax Autumn
5/3/2010, 02:10 AM
Yeah...That grammar proves the youth is doomed.

5/3/2010, 02:23 AM
Yeah...That grammar proves the youth is doomed.grammar's grammar> yout grammar?

Chuck Bao
5/3/2010, 02:23 AM
All I know is that I love Mexican food and Oklahoma has some totally kick-*** Mexican restaurants.

Crucifax Autumn
5/3/2010, 02:27 AM
grammar's grammar> yout grammar?

I'm confused by that post. It may be due to the heavy drinking tonight.

But seriously, we are just jacking with CKSooner's lame troll, KHS. I bet if you or I were to get banned our troll would be banned as well. Makes you wonder who he's blowing.

5/3/2010, 03:19 AM
I'm confused by that post. It may be due to the heavy drinking tonight.

But seriously, we are just jacking with CKSooner's lame troll, KHS. I bet if you or I were to get banned our troll would be banned as well. Makes you wonder who he's blowing.Just be sure to troll down the middle.

StoopTroup
5/3/2010, 03:32 AM
She's Colombian. ;)

The law doesn't go into effect until 90 days after then end of the legislative session.
I'm not sure that the AZ law has anything to do with her being Columbian. She's an undocumented illegal unless she can prove otherwise. Good point on the 90 day deal. I was unhappy that she wasn't explained why she needs to quit bitching and make sure she's in compliance.

StoopTroup
5/3/2010, 03:35 AM
I think I probably agree with you, but I'm not sure because you're totally incomprehensible with that **** in your mouth.

LOL

KHS Sooner
5/3/2010, 09:42 AM

You act tough over the internet, but get your asss beat by bikers and everyone else in real life. You albino mofo *****yy

:pop:

GottaHavePride
5/3/2010, 10:27 AM
Man, people got to go and actually make me do work around here for a change...

NormanPride
5/3/2010, 10:51 AM
How was your day, dear?

Oh it was awful! I had to press the button three times today!

Crucifax Autumn
5/3/2010, 07:03 PM
Man, people got to go and actually make me do work around here for a change...

Well, that was work that seriously needed doing for a long while anyway. :cool:

5/3/2010, 07:32 PM
You act tough over the internet, but get your asss beat by bikers and everyone else in real life. You albino mofo *****yy

:pop:My Goodness Gracious! such talk.

soonerinkaty
5/3/2010, 07:52 PM

:pop:

Would you shut the **** up. You're making everyone in our generation look like dumbasses.

olevetonahill
5/3/2010, 08:50 PM
Would you shut the **** up. You're making everyone in our generation look like dumbasses.

Yer older than 15 aint ya ?

Crucifax Autumn
5/3/2010, 11:32 PM
CK is 15? I thought he was 12.

olevetonahill
5/4/2010, 10:07 AM
CK is 15? I thought he was 12.

He said Generation
pay tention

King Barry's Back
5/5/2010, 06:45 AM

OK, wait a minute -- Now I've suddenly got a dog in this fight.

NO WAY the Big XII should boycott this bowl, especially if you believe in old fashioned things like Democracy.

King Barry's Back
5/5/2010, 07:00 AM
...start enforcing the tax burden on the folks who hire them and change the Law that says just because you have a child while here on a work Visas doesn't make you an instant Citizen.

That's not what the law says. If you have a child "here," your child becomes an instant citizen. You do not.

You are still subject to immigration proceedings and -- if your work visa expires --deportation, although the existence of the US-citizen offspring might complicate deportation proceedings. Or not, I am just speculating.

Of course, any US-citizen can sponsor his parents for permanent residency (green card) in the US, but they can only do this AFTER they reach adulthood -- which is either defined as 18 or 21, I can't remember which. But it's not instant, which is the point.

King Barry's Back
5/5/2010, 07:04 AM
Withdrawn

SanJoaquinSooner
5/5/2010, 07:56 AM
That's not what the law says. If you have a child "here," your child becomes an instant citizen. You do not.

You are still subject to immigration proceedings and -- if your work visa expires --deportation, although the existence of the US-citizen offspring might complicate deportation proceedings. Or not, I am just speculating.

Of course, any US-citizen can sponsor his parents for permanent residency (green card) in the US, but they can only do this AFTER they reach adulthood -- which is either defined as 18 or 21, I can't remember which. But it's not instant, which is the point.

This is all correct. It's 21 on defining adulthood.

If there's a U.S. citizen child, it will not stop ordinary deportation. The burden of proof on the subject might be the child is receiving medical treatment that is not available in the other country.

I know of a case where they deported the father but his U.S. citizen child and the mother remained in the U.S. (they were not married solely because family-based permanent residency petitions for unmarried adults have advantages over married adults for certain categories).

I also know of another case where the deported parent took the U.S. citizen child with him. Of course the child will be able to return if he wants, when older.

StoopTroup
5/5/2010, 10:03 AM

I know. I think the law needs to be changed. The cost of having the Child can be paid through Obamacare and they can either put the child to work part-time at 14 with a work visa or take him back Home and raise him in what ever Country they are from. This Dual Citizenship thing is what started all of this IMO. I could be wrong but I think I remember learning about Dual Citizenship when I was a kid. That's along time ago and this situation has gotten bad over time. It's not an easy fix. It's not a popular fix for some. But....something needs to change. I'm sure if we'd enact that...anyone who is living abroad as a US Citizen might be subject to the same treatment and would scream how unfair it was.

Again...It's not a pretty situation.

BudSooner
5/5/2010, 10:39 AM
**** them and their tortilla making mother****ers, if they are here illegally then ship that *** out of here. I don't give two ****s if Pedro's boy was born here or not, his wetback parents were not and it is their child.

Dual citizenship is a total crock of **** I don't care what country it pertains to. My cousin lives in England and had a kid with a Brit, the yainch is a drunken ho who cannot leave the bottle alone. So she files for divorce(ya think is sucks here, try getting unhitched from a broad over there)and has partial custody of Jack, now....according to what he told me is that his ex can take Jack out of the country when she wants and when she wants but since Bob is an American living on British soil, if he wants to take Jack back here...he cannot since Bob(cousin)is not a legal citizen.

After listening to all the arguments, I think i've uneducated myself hearing all the posturing from both sides.
And while your at it, ship out those Canadians here illegally. Except those here making Brats and playing Hockey, we seriously need more good Canadian food and brawls. ;)

StoopTroup
5/5/2010, 11:04 AM
Yep Bud. People have a way of screwing up their own lives pretty easy....adding some sort of immigration problem can really make things sad. The laws needs fixing and the Government should spend some dough fixing it instead of posturing to see if they can stay in office. We need real Leadership on this issue.

BudSooner
5/5/2010, 12:21 PM
One big difference, the toothless inbred rednecks didn't jump a fence/swim across a river/circumvent boarder security to get here.

olevetonahill
5/5/2010, 12:38 PM
If they here Illegally send em all back where they came from .:pop:

JohnnyMack
5/5/2010, 12:48 PM
One big difference, the toothless inbred rednecks didn't jump a fence/swim across a river/circumvent boarder security to get here.

Nope, they rode over on a boat in their great, great, great, grandpappies ballsack.

Harry Beanbag
5/5/2010, 12:51 PM
Nope, they rode over on a boat in their great, great, great, grandpappies ballsack.

Sounds warm and cozy.

StoopTroup
5/5/2010, 01:02 PM
Here's an idea: How about we deport all of the inbred toothless racist rednecks and white trash wife-beaters on welfare, and keep the hard working tortilla motherf****** and wetbacks? I mean, since their such a drain on society and everything?

Or even better....just let the Conservatives get into power...reduce the size of the Federal Goverment allow everyone to own any gun they want and then we can fight it out in the streets and the Government can declare who the winner is after about say....2 weeks?

JohnnyMack
5/5/2010, 01:04 PM
Or even better....just let the Conservatives get into power...reduce the size of the Federal Goverment allow everyone to own any gun they want and then we can fight it out in the streets and the Government can declare who the winner is after about say....2 weeks?

Slumber party at Dean's house!!!

StoopTroup
5/5/2010, 01:05 PM
:D

http://www.conservapedia.com/images/c/c3/Spanish_American_War_cartoon.jpg

BudSooner
5/5/2010, 01:32 PM
Most inbred toothless rednecks can barely tie their own shoes let alone jump a fence and swim.
I don't know, one is doing quite well being owner of the Dallas Cowboys.:D

CORNholio
5/5/2010, 04:15 PM
I don't get it I guess. America is a nation of immigrants. This whole war against invaders from the south is a bit misguided in my opinion. If these guys are sponging off the govt then we should reform welfare (needs to be anyway). If they are here to cause trouble then throw their *** in jail. But just because they are here should not be illegal. America was founded, settled, and has risen to a great nation by and for immigrants. "Give us your tired, hungry, downtrodden" (something like that) the rest of this **** is some commie BS.

CORNholio
5/5/2010, 04:21 PM
Does not 21st century America represent the same thing to modern day Mexicans that it also did to our great-great grandparents. The opportunity to go build a life in a land of opportunity. Now everyone wants to yank that dream from others. You're immigrant ancestors would roll over in their graves at the way their descendants treat the same kind of people that gave you all the opportunities you have because of their own migration.

olevetonahill
5/5/2010, 04:29 PM
Most ALL of the Immigrants Came thru Ellis Island and Obeyed the LAW
pay tention

Flagstaffsooner
5/5/2010, 04:35 PM
Does not 21st century America represent the same thing to modern day Mexicans that it also did to our great-great grandparents. The opportunity to go build a life in a land of opportunity. Now everyone wants to yank that dream from others. You're immigrant ancestors would roll over in their graves at the way their descendants treat the same kind of people that gave you all the opportunities you have because of their own migration.
The USA wasn't a wellfare state then. You had to stand on your own two feet.:rolleyes:

Flagstaffsooner
5/5/2010, 04:39 PM
Most inbred toothless rednecks can barely tie their own shoes let alone jump a fence and swim.Ah, sorry you missed getting a medal in the Special Olympics again.

RFH Shakes
5/5/2010, 04:58 PM

It isn't a law against immigrants. It is enforcing a law against ILLEGAL immigrants.

badger
5/5/2010, 05:05 PM
The argument many anti-1804 people gave me several years ago (HB 1804 is Oklahoma's immigration reform legislation) was that they wanted immigration reform, but not the type Oklahoma was serving at the time.

By comparison, Oklahoma's isn't as now-we-racial-profile-you as Arizona's. Our law enforcement people have openly said that they don't have the time or resources to check immigration status on everyone all the time, so that alleviates some fear that was initially quite high.

There are many hard working, legal Hispanic people in Oklahoma. But let's be honest - we lost a lot of illegal immigrants after 1804. If states want to lose illegal immigrants like Oklahoma did, they need their own legislation. Maybe not as huge as Arizona, but something.

JohnnyMack
5/5/2010, 05:15 PM
A flat tax + immigration reform could lead to a nice revenue stream.

BudSooner
5/5/2010, 05:25 PM
Plain and simple, if you love illegals fine but don't come whining to anyone when one runs into you. Countless stories of illegals aliens not having car insurance or a license are out there, ask your local law enforcement officer how many times they see this happen.

It happens with legal citizens too, but when caught, the illegals run back home to avoid prosecution and then head back later after things cool off.

And don't get all pissy because there wont' be anyone to cut your grass, if your that ****ing lazy and can't cut your grass then you deserve to get caught employing them. Same goes for anyone who hires illegals, get caught and taken to the woodshed.
The small town we live in has a couple of mexican families, hard working families who own their own heavy equipment business and came to the U.S. by legal means and contribute to the community. A great story of how things are supposed to be done, you will never meet a better group of people in your life than the Juarez family.
Proud of them, I would not hesistate in a moment to recommend someone calling them if they need bulldozer work/backhoe work done.

CORNholio
5/5/2010, 05:31 PM
The USA wasn't a wellfare state then. You had to stand on your own two feet.:rolleyes:

Then focus on restructuring the welfare system. Immigration is as basic to American history as baseball and apple pie. Cut off the hand-out mentality that is a virus in this country not immigration. Whether it be legal or illegal. You can make anything illegal doesn't make it right or wrong.

Flagstaffsooner
5/5/2010, 05:47 PM
Then focus on restructuring the welfare system. Immigration is as basic to American history as baseball and apple pie. Cut off the hand-out mentality that is a virus in this country not immigration. Whether it be legal or illegal. You can make anything illegal doesn't make it right or wrong.Stop welfare, stop all socialist crap. Pay your way or die. No prob. That will reduce the surplus population that live off the working population. Once the dead-beats are gone there may be room for more legal immigrannts

SanJoaquinSooner
5/5/2010, 08:28 PM
No affirmative action for toothless rednecks. Most qualified person for the job.

SanJoaquinSooner
5/5/2010, 08:47 PM
Most ALL of the Immigrants Came thru Ellis Island and Obeyed the LAW
pay tention

If by "most ALL" you mean under 25% of all immigrants, then you would be correct.

Ellis Island was the definition of "open borders." The average stay on the island was about 15 hours. about 98% of the immigrants were admitted. And when Ellis Island was active, the southern border was totally open.

StoopTroup
5/6/2010, 08:12 AM
I don't get it I guess. America is a nation of immigrants. This whole war against invaders from the south is a bit misguided in my opinion. If these guys are sponging off the govt then we should reform welfare (needs to be anyway). If they are here to cause trouble then throw their *** in jail. But just because they are here should not be illegal. America was founded, settled, and has risen to a great nation by and for immigrants. "Give us your tired, hungry, downtrodden" (something like that) the rest of this **** is some commie BS.

I know history books are really hard to understand but sometimes Hollywood makes a Movie that actually addresses an actual real time in history even via maybe a fictional account that tries to portray what it was like to be an immigrant in the US. May I refer you to the movie " Gangs of NY". Even whites couldn't stand whites immigrating to the US.

So maybe all the Irish that came to America are all part of the whole Communist Plot....lol.

StoopTroup
5/6/2010, 08:22 AM
If by "most ALL" you mean under 25% of all immigrants, then you would be correct.

Ellis Island was the definition of "open borders." The average stay on the island was about 15 hours. about 98% of the immigrants were admitted. And when Ellis Island was active, the southern border was totally open.

Many of those folks walked off the boat into a soldiers uniform and fought in the Civil War for the North. There were many good reasons they opened the borders. I don't see that what is happening right now is even compareable. What is happening right now is illegal immigration and a call to have mercy on those who are here illegally.

CORNholio
5/6/2010, 04:50 PM
I know history books are really hard to understand but sometimes Hollywood makes a Movie that actually addresses an actual real time in history even via maybe a fictional account that tries to portray what it was like to be an immigrant in the US. May I refer you to the movie " Gangs of NY". Even whites couldn't stand whites immigrating to the US.

So maybe all the Irish that came to America are all part of the whole Communist Plot....lol.

1. seen it
2. immigrants or their descendants hating on other immigrants seems very hypocritical, even if Americans have done it in the past.

BudSooner
5/6/2010, 05:05 PM
My ancestor came to this country and fought in the revolutionary war(god bless him)and was granted stay in this country for as long as he lived, and was provided land for his service to this land.
I thank him for that, or I could have been born in Germany.

But aliens running across the border has gotten to be a bad joke that needs fixed, correctly.
Yeah people are tired of this ****, sick of the marches, sick of the parades, DAMMIT....you want to be in this country? LEARN THE DAMN LANGUAGE, FLY THE AMERICAN FLAG,AND BY GOD......LEARN HOW TO ****ING DRIVE!

:D

I am Arnold Schwarzenegger, and I approve of this message. ;)

Crucifax Autumn
5/6/2010, 07:34 PM
Most inbred toothless rednecks can barely tie their own shoes let alone jump a fence and swim.

I'm glad I'm not toothless.

Soonerfan88
5/6/2010, 07:44 PM
Why doesn't Mexico have much success in the Summer Olympics?

Because everyone who can run, jump, or swim is already in the United States.

:D Sorry, was that too insensitive?

BudSooner
5/6/2010, 08:23 PM
Why doesn't Mexico have much success in the Summer Olympics?

Because everyone who can run, jump, or swim is already in the United States.

:D Sorry, was that too insensitive?

Why? it's the truth. :D