PDA

View Full Version : Roy Miller is way to classy to be a whorn

Sooner in Tampa
4/27/2010, 05:21 AM
Roy Miller will give up #93 for Gerald McCoy

Very Classy move indeed.

So it was somewhat surprising to Joe to learn that Bucs defensive tackle Roy Miller, a former stud at Texas, is giving up his No. 93 to the Bucs’ first round draft pick and fellow defensive tackle. Gerald McCoy, he of the Oklahoma Sooners.
That’s the word from GMC’s Twitter feed (http://twitter.com/GK_McCoy).

@GK_McCoy #93 continues baby. I don’t plan to disappoint. Shout out to Roy Miller for giving me my # back.

A Longhorn helping out a Sooner? Have cats begun sleeping with dogs?

ndpruitt03
4/27/2010, 09:00 AM
I'm betting he actually paid to get the number. That's usually how it is in the NFL.

Sooner in Tampa
4/27/2010, 09:33 AM
I'm betting he actually paid to get the number. That's usually how it is in the NFL.
True...that is usually how it works...that is usually the way it reported. This is being reported that Roy voluntarily gave up the #93

salth2o
4/27/2010, 09:35 AM
True...that is usually how it works...that is usually the way it reported. This is being reported that Roy voluntarily gave up the #93

Silly Whorns!

sooner59
4/27/2010, 10:14 AM
Lee Roy Selmon: DT Oklahoma - Tampa's 1st pick in their 1st draft ever - #93

Gerald McCoy: DT Oklahoma - Tampa's 1st pick in the 2010 draft - #93

Lee Roy Selmon: Greatest Buc of all time - NFL Hall of Fame

Gerald McCoy: I like his chances for the future. :D

Herr Scholz
4/27/2010, 10:16 AM
I'm quite sure he paid for it.

badger
4/27/2010, 10:58 AM
I'm quite sure he paid for it.

What, not thinking the best in your alums? Only think your fellow whorns would do something nice if paid to do it? :D

Herr Scholz
4/27/2010, 11:02 AM
That's just how it is in pro sports.

Sooner04
4/27/2010, 11:03 AM

But Lee Roy wore #63 with the Buccaneers.

badger
4/27/2010, 11:04 AM
That's just how it is in pro sports.

Do you think Brett Favre payed John David Booty for the #4 jersey in Minny, or do think they were all like "Give Favre your number, or GTFO."

I don't think that players always get paid for everything... even if that's how things are done in Austin ;)

Mad Dog Madsen
4/27/2010, 11:05 AM

Lee Roy was actually #63 in Tampa. I getcha though... :D

Herr Scholz
4/27/2010, 11:05 AM
ZANG! :)

badger
4/27/2010, 11:07 AM
But Lee Roy wore #63 with the Buccaneers.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm124/johnnybuc1972/Tampa%20Bay%20Buccaneers/LeeRoySelmon.jpg

Ahh! Creamsicle! :eek:

;)

Sooner in Tampa
4/27/2010, 12:10 PM
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm124/johnnybuc1972/Tampa%20Bay%20Buccaneers/LeeRoySelmon.jpg

Ahh! Creamsicle! :eek:

;)

I get nostalgic for those from time to time...the throwback game this year was one the funnest games I have been to in a long time

Sooner04
4/27/2010, 12:44 PM
Those creamsicle unis are gorgeous. They ARE Tampa Bay. I've hated the unis they sport now from Day One.

I couldn't believe how sweet they looked for the throwback game this year. Maybe it had something to do with them smoking the Packers. Made me think of the annual "Bay of Pigs" game at the Old Sombrero when we were all in the NFC Norris Division. That's a lot of Berman-isms in one sentence. :)

badger
4/27/2010, 12:47 PM
Trivia time! How are the Packers and Bucs different from the Vikings?

Answer: The Vikings never won a Super Bowl. :D

Sooner in Tampa
4/27/2010, 12:52 PM
I do love the creamsicles, but, the new ones are just so much more masculine...and I do love the red flag with the pirate head, plus it makes for GREAT battle flags when/if we ever get back to the playoffs.

OH...and it is easier to buy a pewter car than a eye melting (at times) orange

And Bucco Bruce was awsome...except for that damn wink

Sooner04
4/27/2010, 01:04 PM
Trivia time! How are the Packers and Bucs different from the Vikings?

Answer: The Vikings never won a Super Bowl. :D
I prefer "have yet" to win a Super Bowl.

Our day shall come.

C&CDean
4/27/2010, 02:56 PM
I prefer "have yet" to win a Super Bowl.

Our day shall come.

pffffft. If you didn't win it this past year you're never gonna. Besides, when AD becomes a free-agent and all the good citizens of Green Bay decide to pony up and pay what he's worth then all the planets will be back in alignment. Nothing would look better than AD in green and gold. NOTHING.

btk108
4/27/2010, 02:59 PM
Every whorn shall bow.....

Scott D
4/27/2010, 03:22 PM
Those creamsicle unis are gorgeous. They ARE Tampa Bay. I've hated the unis they sport now from Day One.

I couldn't believe how sweet they looked for the throwback game this year. Maybe it had something to do with them smoking the Packers. Made me think of the annual "Bay of Pigs" game at the Old Sombrero when we were all in the NFC Norris Division. That's a lot of Berman-isms in one sentence. :)

I hope you washed your keyboard in bleach. :)

badger
4/27/2010, 03:37 PM
pffffft. If you didn't win it this past year you're never gonna. Besides, when AD becomes a free-agent and all the good citizens of Green Bay decide to pony up and pay what he's worth then all the planets will be back in alignment. Nothing would look better than AD in green and gold. NOTHING.

[thinking] Oh, glory of glories. Oh heavenly testament to the eternal majesty of God's creation.

[out loud] Holy macaroni!

rabot10
4/27/2010, 03:55 PM
I always liked Roy Miller alot, was upset that he went to be a horn. But always thought he was a great kid and kick *** DT. I guess he poved me right

TexasLidig8r
4/27/2010, 04:25 PM

Why in the blue hell do you like that yankee football team anyway?

Soonerfan88
4/27/2010, 08:02 PM
Saw somewhere that GK said he & Miller were good friends in HS and often talked about playing together at OU but then Miller joined the dark side. Maybe this is just Miller letting him know that he acknowledges the error of his ways? :D

AlbqSooner
4/27/2010, 08:21 PM
The creamsicle unis were alright. That helmet insignia sucked big time. That ain't a Buccaneer, it's a Gay Cavalier!! NTTAWWT

Seamus
4/27/2010, 08:31 PM
Nothing would look better than AD in green and gold. NOTHING.

How about three national titles in a row for Stoops, say 2010-2012?

That would look pretty good.

ndpruitt03
4/27/2010, 09:36 PM
The creamsicle unis were alright. That helmet insignia sucked big time. That ain't a Buccaneer, it's a Gay Cavalier!! NTTAWWT

+1