PDA

View Full Version : Why is all of the pathetic political rhetoric on both sides so embraced on SoonerFans

Soonerus
4/26/2010, 09:42 PM
...while something truly relevant to the sports landscape in the Norman/OKC area, the Thunder, is basically met with disdain on this board ??? Pretty pathetic IMO...

Soonerus
4/26/2010, 10:00 PM
bump

Collier11
4/26/2010, 10:12 PM
...while something truly relevant to the sports landscape in the Norman/OKC area, the Thunder, is basically met with disdain on this board ??? Pretty pathetic IMO...

Cus ppl enjoy to bitch n moan rather than embrace the good stuff, its part of human nature

Soonerus
4/26/2010, 10:20 PM
You could say this board is about Sooner sports only, but that fails to explain the gross political commentary on this board that is predominant...

Curly Bill
4/26/2010, 10:22 PM
You could say this board is about Sooner sports only, but that fails to explain the gross political commentary on this board that is predominant...

Gross political commentary is the only kind I engage in. :D

Collier11
4/26/2010, 10:24 PM
Gross political commentary is the only kind I engage in. :D

everything you do is political but very rarely engaging :D

Curly Bill
4/26/2010, 10:26 PM

I want something outta you, KW and BV's lovechild, I'll beat it outta ya. :cool:

Collier11
4/26/2010, 10:27 PM
I want something outta you, KW and BV's lovechild, I'll beat it outta ya. :cool:

good luck with that pony boy

Curly Bill
4/26/2010, 10:29 PM
good luck with that pony boy

Pony boy? I don't even own a horse.

Wow, what a dumas! :D

Soonerus
4/26/2010, 10:32 PM
By far the biggest sports story in Oklahoma and SF ignores it..when does SF get on board... OU Insiders is pretty active on it as are other boards but not the dullards SF, pretty sad...

Collier11
4/26/2010, 10:40 PM
By far the biggest sports story in Oklahoma and SF ignores it..when does SF get on board... OU Insiders is pretty active on it as are other boards but not the dullards SF, pretty sad...

Other than any time OU wins a natl title in football, this is the biggest sports story in Oklahoma, ever.

Chuck Bao
4/27/2010, 02:10 AM
I posted once over on the Thunder board. When I called my mom last week, I told her she should be watching, largely because the news coverage is making Thunder fans look pretty good and supportive. I can't get the series here and I have never seen the Thunder play, so I can't add anymore than that.

Concerning the political threads here, I disagree with 99% of them and 90% of the posters in those threads. I am doing my best just not to click on them and read such stupid dribble.

Crucifax Autumn
4/27/2010, 03:33 AM
I'm a Rockets fan, but it IS surprising after Okies practically begging for big time pro sports so long for it to be basically ignored here among all these good Okies.

Crucifax Autumn
4/27/2010, 03:40 AM
Oh...Don't let me forget this part: Go Thunder!!!!!! Pound the azzhead Lakers!!!!!!

btk108
4/27/2010, 04:29 AM
Thunder who? Is Gary England on that team?
:gary:

King Barry's Back
4/27/2010, 04:57 AM
Politics = interesting and timely

Thunder/NBA = boring and thuggish

I've pretty much been off the NBA bandwagon since the "Dream Team" guys hung it up -- Magic, Isaiah, Bird, etc.

I'm glad OKC got on the map. But otherwise, i haven't been in OKC (other than a drive through on I-40) in about 10 years. Their NBA team is just not a big concern of mine.

On the other hand, whether my employer drops my medical insurance and i have to go on some state govt plan, that IS a big concern of mine.

BillyBall
4/27/2010, 09:55 AM
[QUOTE=King Barry's Back;2871945]I've pretty much been off the NBA bandwagon since the "Dream Team" guys hung it up -- Magic, Isaiah, Bird, etc./QUOTE]

Not that it really matters, but Isiah Thomas wasn't on the Dream Team

King Barry's Back
4/27/2010, 10:32 AM
[QUOTE=King Barry's Back;2871945]I've pretty much been off the NBA bandwagon since the "Dream Team" guys hung it up -- Magic, Isaiah, Bird, etc./QUOTE]

Not that it really matters, but Isiah Thomas wasn't on the Dream Team

Yeah, it doesn't matter much.

Stitch Face
4/27/2010, 10:34 AM
Concerning the political threads here, I disagree with 99% of them and 90% of the posters in those threads. I am doing my best just not to click on them and read such stupid dribble.

From what I've read on these forums you can't resist a good dribble.

Stitch Face
4/27/2010, 10:45 AM
Actually, this thread is about basketball and Chuck says he's trying to avoid the "dribble." Now I get it! Subtle and well-played, sir!

olevetonahill
4/27/2010, 11:14 AM

But its ALWAYS Gross :D

StoopTroup
4/27/2010, 11:25 AM
I think they are stunned they lost their hockey team.

BillyBall
4/27/2010, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=King Barry's Back;2871998]

Yeah, it doesn't matter much.

Yeah, no reason to try and be accurate...

sooner59
4/27/2010, 02:16 PM
I think they are stunned they lost their hockey team.

We had a hockey team? Yeah I didn't care about our semi-pro hockey. I didn't care that much about the Thunder until early this year when I began to watch them regularly. Now I am a fan. I wouldn't mind more Thunder talk.

btk108
4/27/2010, 02:40 PM
We had a hockey team? Yeah I didn't care about our semi-pro hockey. I didn't care that much about the Thunder until early this year when I began to watch them regularly. Now I am a fan. I wouldn't mind more Thunder talk.

I bet you just started watching Sooner Football, too? Bandwagon, bandwagon :P

sooner59
4/27/2010, 03:32 PM
I bet you just started watching Sooner Football, too? Bandwagon, bandwagon :P

I have a picture of me in a OU onsey as a baby in my crib. I cherish that pic. Born and bred baby! Boomer!

btk108
4/27/2010, 03:46 PM
I have a picture of me in a OU onsey as a baby in my crib. I cherish that pic. Born and bred baby! Boomer!

I bet you still wear it in private, too.