PDA

View Full Version : Disabled American Veterans???

Curly Bill
4/26/2010, 07:45 PM
How good an organization is this? I mean, I know what they stand for, and it's a very worthy cause, but is there a better organization that does the same thing that would be a better use of my money?

I have sent them money in the past, no doubt why they keep asking for more, and also why they keep me stocked in address labels:D , but is this the best group to be sending my money to?

olevetonahill
4/26/2010, 07:47 PM
Im a Paid up Life member . Need anything other Info ?:D
For years I tried to fight the VA on my own, No Luck . Got the D.A.V. involved and it was a done deal .

Curly Bill
4/26/2010, 07:48 PM
Sounds good so far. I figured you'd have some info. :D

olevetonahill
4/26/2010, 07:51 PM
They run shuttle buses for Vets. who cant drive and have no other way to Get to the V.A. hospital for appointments and such
Just a Great Organization IMHO

GKeeper316
4/26/2010, 08:29 PM
DAV didnt do **** for me. knees still dont work right and the VA denied me benefits, DAV i never heard from after i went to see their guy at the hospital...

i gave up on trying to get the VA to do whats right years ago.

olevetonahill
4/26/2010, 08:35 PM
DAV didnt do **** for me. knees still dont work right and the VA denied me benefits, DAV i never heard from after i went to see their guy at the hospital...

i gave up on trying to get the VA to do whats right years ago.

Let me take a guess
You filed yer claim on yer own at the start right ? Then ya got denied and you May or may not have filed a timely appeal. You then went to the DAV and Found out YOU screwed the Pooch on yer Own and Now you want to blame the DAV.

Ive seen this a 100 times :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
4/26/2010, 08:58 PM
Screwing the pooch...not OK unless it's an aussie service dog. I heard fines were as high as $1500 or something. Maybe that was another thread. It's all so confusing.

Okla-homey
4/27/2010, 03:52 PM
Paid-up life member here.

The quality of the services they provide are directly proportional to the quality of the local chapter. For example, the chapter in Skiatook rawks. They have a wonderful record of getting guys the benefits they deserve. OTOH, the Tulsa chapter, not so much.