PDA

View Full Version : Carrying Over Longhorn Hatred to the NFL

Fred Garvin
4/26/2010, 01:33 PM
I've decided not to do it, with the exception of WR Roy Williams.

Now that he's through kicking our *** all over the place, I have no problem rooting for Colt McCoy. He's a good kid and the kind of teammate that I would like to have. It's not his fault he was born in Texas.

Salt City Sooner
4/26/2010, 01:40 PM
I'm in a substantial quandry there. I'm a Bengal fan & with the just completed draft, there's more 'horns in Cincy than players from any other school. :eek:

BoulderSooner79
4/26/2010, 01:54 PM
They're just young men who made a bad choice :)

I'll give them a 2nd chance unless they continue flash horn signs in the NFL (the fake Roy Williams guilty on this one).

StoopTroup
4/26/2010, 01:59 PM
F' em.

You know their gonna flash that crap.

Their all a Buncha whiney bitches IMO. :D

Checkout the WhornFans.com message board for proof.

s8HvjchxBVA&feature=related

htownsooner7
4/26/2010, 02:20 PM
Colt McCoy was 2-1 against us. The last win was 16-13 and I think he had 3 turnovers. He did not kick our a** all over the place. That being said, I won't root against him. I will root against whorn fans, because by and large they are arrogant people, and so that may mean that I root against colt's team. But its not because of anything he did.

Harry Beanbag
4/26/2010, 02:25 PM
I'm in a substantial quandry there. I'm a Bengal fan & with the just completed draft, there's more 'horns in Cincy than players from any other school. :eek:

To make matters worse, they have a bunch of USC guys too.

sooner94
4/26/2010, 02:46 PM
For me, it depends on the player. I'll root for Colt. I like that Orakpo guy- he's a badass.

Can't say I will do that for all Horns in the NFL.

badger
4/26/2010, 03:29 PM
If you really are a longtime fan of an NFL team, do what I do - look at the front of the jersey, not the back.

http://www.realclearsports.com/blognetwork/fantasy_football_maniaxs/jermichael%20finley%20catch.jpg

When you look at the back, you see the name and are reminded that they went to Texas and that you hate Texas and that you are supporting a team that is supporting whorn alumni.

http://nimg.sulekha.com/sports/original700/jermichael-finley-ryan-clark-2009-12-20-20-41-36.jpg

From the front, it is like watching OU's Keith Jackson all over again, leading the Packers to a Super Bowl XXXI victory, being so incredibly awesome through good years and bad... good ol' #88.

It works on non-whorns that you begrudgingly cheer for also because they're on your team. I am a lot more loyal to Green Bay than I am to any particular player. Keep that in mind when you're thinking about your own NFL fandom.

PDXsooner
4/26/2010, 03:31 PM
I root for anyone if they're a good guy...or a Patriot. If they're Longhorns and they're helping the Pats I love 'em.

StoopTroup
4/26/2010, 03:36 PM
For me, it depends on the player. I'll root for Colt. I like that Orakpo guy- he's a badass.

Can't say I will do that for all Horns in the NFL.

Again...there are always exceptions but for the most part...once a whorn...always a whorn.

You can have longwhorn hatred and still like a guy who makes a good play in the NFL.

Barry Sanders was that kind of guy IMO. Aggie. Great player. Great NFL Player. I rooted him on when he was with Detroit especially when he wanted them to let him leave and he showed how he could decide for himself. They should have let him go IMHO.

btk108
4/26/2010, 03:44 PM
When your whiney *** college coach (prostitute) stands up in front a national audience to announce what team you've been picked by (as he wipes "something" from the corner of his mouth)....you just made sure people know your a Whorn now and forever. No love from this SOONER fan....EVER!

Mad Dog Madsen
4/26/2010, 04:02 PM
Again...there are always exceptions but for the most part...once a whorn...always a whorn.

You can have longwhorn hatred and still like a guy who makes a good play in the NFL.

Barry Sanders was that kind of guy IMO. Aggie. Great player. Great NFL Player. I rooted him on when he was with Detroit especially when he wanted them to let him leave and he showed how he could decide for himself. They should have let him go IMHO.

Barry Sanders was one of the best. How could you NOT root for him??? I know alot of OSU fans that like AD. Kind of the same deal. Horn, Aggie, or whatever if they've got some skills and thay can make plays I will definitely give them props...

badger
4/26/2010, 04:54 PM
Barry Sanders was one of the best. How could you NOT root for him??? I know alot of OSU fans that like AD. Kind of the same deal. Horn, Aggie, or whatever if they've got some skills and thay can make plays I will definitely give them props...

Speaking of, can you just imagine the OP.com meltdown if Junior signs with a school other than OSU? I think if Junior became a Sooner, OP.com would die forever.

Herr Scholz
4/26/2010, 04:58 PM
Colt McCoy was 2-1 against us.
He went 3-1 vs. OU but he was obviously no Pete Gardere.

Salt City Sooner
4/26/2010, 05:00 PM
To make matters worse, they have a bunch of USC guys too.
Personally, I can handle that a lot better. Aside from that Bush stuff (which I have no tolerance for regardless of team), I don't really have any animosity towards them. It wasn't their fault we didn't show up that night (or showed up & proceeded to whiz down our collective legs, whichever one wants to say). Same way w/ Boise.

StoopTroup
4/26/2010, 05:04 PM
Speaking of, can you just imagine the OP.com meltdown if Junior signs with a school other than OSU? I think if Junior became a Sooner, OP.com would die forever.

Now there's something to look forward too....lol

badger
4/26/2010, 05:14 PM
Now there's something to look forward too....lol

Unless he has a huge breakout season this year, I'm not sure he'll get any other offers. OSU is practically forced to offer the son of the greatest thing to ever happen to their program even if it might have been a tad controversial how he arrived there (OSU: Durrr, what recruiting tape? I swear we mailed it back you guys after we saw it... Sorry! Sign with us now plz?). As such, OSU will probably be the best school that offers him and so, off to Pokeland.

However, if he should have a breakout year and get begged by every top program to go elsewhere, the weeping and nashing on teeth over losing Barry Sanders Jr. will be... ummm... epic.

StoopTroup
4/26/2010, 05:32 PM
I've met Barry a few times. My Wife was in the Aggie Band when he was there and has even mentioned it to him when we met him at the NFL Experience in Miami in 1994. He just doesn't seem to act like he gives two poops about oSu when you talk with him. Of course I don't know him personally...I do know his Father is an OU Fan.

That Jr. is a lock to go to oSu isn't much to hang on to IMHO.

I do know he's a private guy though...maybe Barry does love teh aggie and that we just are imagining his care free attitude when we bring it up. Maybe he just got tired of the constant worshiping of aggie fans when he met them? I know teh Wife didn't go gah gah about meeting him and she was kind of astonished out about how he acted that day she met him at a McDonalds signing. Maybe McD's had pissed him off...lol. I do know lots of folks wanted his autograph on stuff and he was under contract to only sign the pic you could take with him in front of the McD's Logo. Maybe he just wanted to kill his agent or something....lol.

soonerchris
4/26/2010, 05:35 PM
So in the next few years when OKC gets a NFL team and they have the first pick and the player is from saxet are you saying you'll welcome him with open arms??? Would your SOONER PRIDE step in???:pop:

StoopTroup
4/26/2010, 05:42 PM
Snoop drop by with some ganja Chris? ;)

sooner94
4/26/2010, 05:44 PM
So in the next few years when OKC gets a NFL team and they have the first pick and the player is from saxet are you saying you'll welcome him with open arms??? Would your SOONER PRIDE step in???:pop:

Would that be like rooting for Durant with the Thunder? I do that.

Although emotions are probably a little stronger when it comes to football.

GKeeper316
4/26/2010, 06:38 PM
pro football would never succeed in okc...

this is college football country, and quite frankly, i dont think okc could support an nfl team financially.

i know i sure as hell wont vote yes for another MAPS project to build a damn nfl style stadium.

oudavid1
4/26/2010, 07:10 PM
Im a Titans fan, i depend on FORMER whorns. Besides, they're not wearing orange anymore. countdown til October 2nd . . .

SoonerMom2
4/26/2010, 07:17 PM
When your whiney *** college coach (prostitute) stands up in front a national audience to announce what team you've been picked by (as he wipes "something" from the corner of his mouth)....you just made sure people know your a Whorn now and forever. No love from this SOONER fan....EVER!

My thoughts exactly! Brown had no business doing that -- you didn't see any other coach pull that crap. Almost wonder if Brown talked to Cleveland to draft him then. I won't root for the Browns now. Won't root for Denver after the Tebow deal and never rooted for the Patriots so Robinson throwing to Welker could care less although that was a dumb statement out of the OK media.

Since the Cowboys cut the real Roy Williams and got the lazy receiver Roy Williams from Texas, I won't root for them and after this draft, I will root for the Redskins over the Cowboys.

I am now back to being a Rams fan, always liked Tampa Bay and Bengals and I will even root for the Redskins over the Cowboys.

SoonerMom2
4/26/2010, 07:18 PM
Would that be like rooting for Durant with the Thunder? I do that.

Although emotions are probably a little stronger when it comes to football.

Don't think you have to worry that OKC will get an NFL team or that Texas would have the #1 pick. Brown's players are proving to play soft when they get in the NFL and teams have to spend time getting them up to speed although it hasn't worked with the UT Roy Williams.

soonerinabilene
4/26/2010, 08:49 PM
ill root for colt. he is a great guy and was a heck of a college qb. i think he may actually turn cleveland around. as far as the comment about now that he is done kicking our *** all over the field, i think that honor goes to shipley, not colt. that guy was who scared me the last three years. and i dont think people have realized just how salty cincys offense is going to be now. youve got carson palmer throwing to ochocinci, shipley and gresham and handing off to benson, who returned to his high school badass form last year. they are going to win the afc in the next two years.

olevetonahill
4/26/2010, 09:01 PM
Personally I hope ALL former whorns FAIL in the NFL .

Think about it . IF Getting OUR guys to go High in the draft Helps US then by the same token those :texan: s will Hurt them :pop:

Leroy Lizard
4/26/2010, 09:11 PM
Guys, Colt is not a Texan. He was born in New Mexico.

That's right, yet another Texas QB who was born beyond the state lines. (Chris Simms, Major Applewhite.)

And let's not forget their greatest football coach (Royal) and basketball coach (Lemons) are both Okies.

PDXsooner
4/26/2010, 10:02 PM
Ricky Williams was a Californian...

JLEW1818
4/26/2010, 10:05 PM
a gay, who smokes pot

JLEW1818
4/26/2010, 10:07 PM

That's right, yet another Texas QB who was born beyond the state lines. (Chris Simms, Major Applewhite.)

And let's not forget their greatest football coach (Royal) and basketball coach (Lemons) are both Okies.

post of the year. :cool:

Curly Bill
4/26/2010, 10:31 PM
Whorns, even when they go to the NFL, and even if they go to a team I like, still have a certain taint about them that just won't wash off.

Leroy Lizard
4/26/2010, 11:13 PM
Whorns, even when they go to the NFL, and even if they go to a team I like, still have a certain taint about them that just won't wash off.

Yeah, McCoy is a Horn. I don't care how much he smiles. He's a Horn. I don't wish ill will on him. Frankly, I don't care what happens to him.

Crucifax Autumn
4/27/2010, 03:22 AM
Put me down on the side of hoping they all fail. If they don't like it they can be Sooners in their next life and I'll cheer 'em to the death.

btk108
4/27/2010, 04:32 AM

Taint is right!

Herr Scholz
4/27/2010, 09:07 AM

While technically true, that family is as Texan as it comes. It was only due to a coaching assignment his Dad had that he was born there. However, his father did have a box of Texas dirt under his crib so that he could claim he was born on Texas soil (true story). Tell me that doesn't sound Texan.

And Abe Lemons had some funny quotes but that's about it. Barnes and Penders were both better.

Curly Bill
4/27/2010, 09:38 AM
While technically true, that family is as Texan as it comes. It was only due to a coaching assignment his Dad had that he was born there. However, his father did have a box of Texas dirt under his crib so that he could claim he was born on Texas soil (true story). Tell me that doesn't sound Texan.

It sounds ghey, I'll give ya that.

Herr Scholz
4/27/2010, 10:03 AM
It sounds ghey, I'll give ya that.

So being proud of Texas is ghey? OK, be sure and tell all of your Texas recruits that.

Curly Bill
4/27/2010, 10:09 AM
So being proud of Texas is ghey? OK, be sure and tell all of your Texas recruits that.

Tell ya what: if their parents put a box of dirt under their crib so they can be "Texan" I'd gladly tell them that.

Herr Scholz
4/27/2010, 10:13 AM
Some have state pride and some don't I guess.

OUmillenium
4/27/2010, 10:25 AM
I'd rather pull for Al-quaeda than any Uterus player/fan.

Herr Scholz
4/27/2010, 10:45 AM
Well I can see this is going to be an intellectual conversation.

soonerloyal
4/27/2010, 10:48 AM
Well, now that's pretty much a given... Hook 'em

Sooner04
4/27/2010, 10:55 AM
....Male Prostitute!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/KingpinPadre/FredGarvin.jpg

Sooner04
4/27/2010, 10:58 AM
And I'm with badger here. If you're truly a fan of a team in the NFL then collegiate ties are meaningless. I rooted like hell AGAINST Percy Harvin in January of 2009 and cheered like hell FOR Percy Harvin nine months later. If you can help the Minnesota Vikings then I'm for you 100%.

It doesn't matter if your name is Tim Tebow or Jimmy Clausen or Lovell Pinkney. It doesn't matter if you attended the "U" or USC. If you're a Viking, I'm your fan.

And if you can't get past collegiate ties with your pro team then you're probably not that big a fan of the team anyway.

badger
4/27/2010, 11:00 AM
And I'm with badger here...If you can help the Minnesota Vikings then I'm for you 100%.

You just had to stick those two sentences in the same paragraph, didn't you? ;)

OK then, I'm with 04 here. If you wear green and gold and love kicking the ever living crap outta those Vikings wearing purple, then you are awesome. :D

TMcGee86
4/27/2010, 11:13 AM
However, his father did have a box of Texas dirt under his crib so that he could claim he was born on Texas soil (true story).

He was born in his crib?

StoopTroup
4/27/2010, 11:28 AM
And if you can't get past collegiate ties with your pro team then you're probably not that big a fan of the team anyway.

Or you have realized how the NFL has ruined the sport for the average fan and you've been reduced to rooting for Sooners in the NFL and playing Fantasy Football.

StoopTroup
4/27/2010, 11:30 AM
Yeah, McCoy is a Horn. I don't care how much he smiles. He's a Horn. I don't wish ill will on him. Frankly, I don't care what happens to him.

Good Post. I just wanted to say that because you don't have many. :D

olevetonahill
4/27/2010, 11:39 AM

Some have Ghey pride and some don't i guess, Im guessing you DO:D

olevetonahill
4/27/2010, 11:42 AM

He was born in his crib?

Dont criticize him him Tim he wants Only intelligent conversation here :rolleyes: :D

olevetonahill
4/27/2010, 11:44 AM
Or you have realized how the NFL has ruined the sport for the average fan and you've been reduced to rooting for Sooners in the NFL and playing Fantasy Football.

I think yer either Ghey or a Woman , if Ya really root hard for any NFL team .

Soonerchaz
4/27/2010, 12:41 PM
Not much of a NFL fan here...so where a pro played college makes little difference to me. However...I've often wondered if the college rivalry/hatred between the athletes translates over to the pro game. Is some of the bad blood still there? Or is there just some good-natured ribbing now that they're all making buckets of cash?

TexasLidig8r
4/27/2010, 12:48 PM
Dont criticize him him Tim he wants Only intelligent conversation here :rolleyes: :D

He certainly came to the wrong place for that.

Monkster
4/27/2010, 12:52 PM
I really don't understand you people. I went to UT undergrad and law and I ALWAYS pull for you and am happy when you win unless you're playing the Horns. You of all people should know that Territory folks should stick together. :D

Herr Scholz
4/27/2010, 01:08 PM

If I remember the story correctly, his Dad spread Texas dirt under the bed where he was born as well as his crib. But again, I guess some people have state pride and some people find that sort of thing strange.

olevetonahill
4/27/2010, 01:21 PM
He certainly came to the wrong place for that.

But yer here to save the Day .

Dont you have a Bride to be taking care of ? Or is she already tired of yer old azz and out gettin Her some young stuff ?

olevetonahill
4/27/2010, 01:24 PM
If I remember the story correctly, his Dad spread Texas dirt under the bed where he was born as well as his crib. But again, I guess some people have state pride and some people find that sort of thing strange.

So he was Born at Home ?

Hell the Hospitals Ive been around Kinda frown on spreadin DIRT on their floors

They say its Not healthy er some crazy assed idea like that .

Herr Scholz
4/27/2010, 01:53 PM
No, he was not born at home. He sprinkled a little dirt OK, Mr. Semantics? But way to avoid the topic of state pride and how that's so weird and ghey.

olevetonahill
4/27/2010, 02:07 PM
No, he was not born at home. He sprinkled a little dirt OK, Mr. Semantics? But way to avoid the topic of state pride and how that's so weird and ghey.

Its Only weird and Ghey if ya live in Austin and are Proud of that State.

btk108
4/27/2010, 02:46 PM

Why would you even poke your horns in here?

btk108
4/27/2010, 02:48 PM

Cat box....they were trying to save money on diapers.

StoopTroup
4/27/2010, 03:09 PM

Dirt. That's funny.

http://www.nudgeeroadlandscapes.com.au/images/products/rpcow.jpg

Leroy Lizard
4/27/2010, 03:14 PM
And I'm with badger here. If you're truly a fan of a team in the NFL then collegiate ties are meaningless. I rooted like hell AGAINST Percy Harvin in January of 2009 and cheered like hell FOR Percy Harvin nine months later. If you can help the Minnesota Vikings then I'm for you 100%.

It doesn't matter if your name is Tim Tebow or Jimmy Clausen or Lovell Pinkney. It doesn't matter if you attended the "U" or USC. If you're a Viking, I'm your fan.

Or you're a true college football fan.

:D

TexasLidig8r
4/27/2010, 04:23 PM
But yer here to save the Day .

Dont you have a Bride to be taking care of ? Or is she already tired of yer old azz and out gettin Her some young stuff ?

Hell Vet.. you know you're gonna get in trouble if you start referring to that double secret other place from where you gleaned this information.

And yah.. she's already tired of my old ***.

Takes a geezer to know one I suppose.

olevetonahill
4/27/2010, 04:29 PM
Hell Vet.. you know you're gonna get in trouble if you start referring to that double secret other place from where you gleaned this information.

And yah.. she's already tired of my old ***.

Takes a geezer to know one I suppose.

What ya sayin Lid ?

Boomer!!
4/27/2010, 07:36 PM

In my opinion Cincy got one of the best drafts. Gresh, Shipley, Dunlap, Muckelroy, and some other really solid players. They have a good QB so I think they will have a pretty high powered offense next year.

Fred Garvin
4/30/2010, 11:06 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/KingpinPadre/FredGarvin.jpg

haha you're showing your age.

Sooner04
4/30/2010, 11:50 PM
I'm 27, but I know a classic SNL skit when I see one.

Fred Garvin
5/4/2010, 11:05 AM
Well, I guess it's just me that's showing my age because I remember watching it live.

:eek:

MrJimBeam
5/5/2010, 06:18 AM
If I remember the story correctly, his Dad spread Texas dirt under the bed where he was born as well as his crib.

This should be an SNL skit.

the_ouskull
5/7/2010, 09:01 PM
He went 3-1 vs. OU but he was obviously no Pete Gardere.

I hate that f*cking guy.

the_ouskull

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/7/2010, 09:16 PM
Personally I hope ALL former whorns FAIL in the NFL .

Think about it . IF Getting OUR guys to go High in the draft Helps US then by the same token those :texan: s will Hurt them :pop:Winnah!

5/7/2010, 09:19 PM
Some have state pride and some don't I guess.OK welcome back. just stay away from the commie politics, K plz thnx.

5/7/2010, 09:52 PM
So he was Born at Home ?

Hell the Hospitals Ive been around Kinda frown on spreadin DIRT on their floors

They say its Not healthy er some crazy assed idea like that .har!

Leroy Lizard
5/8/2010, 01:36 AM

That urban legend has been told over and over again. Sheeez!

Okie35
5/8/2010, 03:55 AM
They're just young men who made a bad choice :)

I'll give them a 2nd chance unless they continue flash horn signs in the NFL (the fake Roy Williams guilty on this one).

I agree once they're in the NFL its no hard feelings unless they are flashy.

bluedogok
5/8/2010, 01:24 PM
There is a thin line between "state pride" and insanity down here.....

apMyjOAacyA

pilobolus
5/10/2010, 11:56 PM
A true Sooner hates all whorns at all times.