PDA

View Full Version : Info from the Spring Game

IronHorseSooner
4/26/2010, 10:23 AM
As you can see from my location, I didn't get to see the Spring Game, or get very many reports. What I was wondering was who on the OL looked good? I heard that Patty didn't look good.

badger
4/26/2010, 10:28 AM
Oh yeah, when they moved Patty to the OL, he got destroyed. He definitely needs to stick with kicker... well, maybe. ;)

Seriously, it did nothing but rain and we all tried to huddle under the overhang, but that area filled quickly, so eventually everyone in their OU ponchos got closer to the field.

In comeback player mode, Jimmy Stevens got more points than anyone else.

Definitely check out the video of Travis Lewis wearing his team colors. He was a crowd favorite with the flag-throwing, ref-high-fiving ways... apparently he was asking Red-team members what they wanted on their hot dog, Lol

The way that this differed from an actual game (other than the fact that 80,000 would have showed up regardless of the weather if it was) was that kickers and punters got more attempts if the first one didn't go right.

IronHorseSooner
4/26/2010, 11:58 PM
Badg, as always, thanks! As a former kicker, it frustrates me to see these problems. Tress is a monster punter, and there are no worries there; however, KOs and FGs should be solid. If Tress has accuracy issues, but has a strong leg, why not use him as the KO guy? If Jimmy can hit the chippies, then give it to him. Patty could be used for longer FGs. Other than, I have no clue what's going on with these guys.

Collier11
4/27/2010, 12:13 AM
Jimmy shoulda never been removed last year unless you dont want him in there on the long ones. The guy was 11-13. It probably cost us the Neb game

I didnt watch the Oline much specifically but I can tell you that the fresh receiver Kenny Stills is gonna be a stud. Our D played well and we had a freshman RB that looked good, whaley is his name I think

oudavid1
4/27/2010, 11:48 AM
whaley is his name I think

Yeah, this guy came out of nowhere. Also, Cam Kenny got his hands going and Drew Allen did do as well as some hoped.

starclassic tama
4/27/2010, 01:18 PM
Jimmy shoulda never been removed last year unless you dont want him in there on the long ones. The guy was 11-13. It probably cost us the Neb game

I didnt watch the Oline much specifically but I can tell you that the fresh receiver Kenny Stills is gonna be a stud. Our D played well and we had a freshman RB that looked good, whaley is his name I think

all true. i thought the offensive line played pretty well, few if any flags and there were some holes opened up in the running game. stark contrast to 2009 spring game where the defense was basically in the backfield before we could even get the handoff.

VA Sooner
4/27/2010, 06:42 PM
Spring game was good... Kenny Stills is a stud.

Kickers having issues... field goals are still the bane of our existence.

O-line is tough to review... won't know until we play someone who doesn't already know all our schemes.

Good halfback in Musil.

Walk-on Whitley looked good as well.

Cornerbacks will need some more reps but safeties were strong.

I'm not sure how they got Ronnell Lewis to tone it down, but the Hammer didn't knock anybody out which was what I was worried about.

Quarterbacks Jones and Allen both looked solid. Landry will have more receivers to throw to now but still needs to work on getting through his progression. Looked like a smooth transition from last year.

I'm feeling good about this year.

Boomer!!
4/27/2010, 07:32 PM
I just found out that my wife works with Patty O'haras girlfriend. She said she doesnt like it when he plays because then she has to console him for a week because he hasnt been that good. She said he is attending a kicking camp though so maybe he will be improved in the future.

JLEW1818
4/27/2010, 07:55 PM
when is the Spring Game? I heard it will be very wet

OUmillenium
4/28/2010, 08:29 AM
Badg, as always, thanks! As a former kicker, it frustrates me to see these problems. Tress is a monster punter, and there are no worries there; however, KOs and FGs should be solid. If Tress has accuracy issues, but has a strong leg, why not use him as the KO guy? If Jimmy can hit the chippies, then give it to him. Patty could be used for longer FGs. Other than, I have no clue what's going on with these guys.

You would think our 6 million dollar coaching staff could figure this stuff out or at least have mulled it over.

badger
4/28/2010, 08:34 AM
You would think our 6 million dollar coaching staff could figure this stuff out or at least have mulled it over.

5 million - and that's just from one-time bonuses, so I think it's closer to 3-4 per year still.

still not up to nick satan numbers :D

EDIT: Oh, you said staff. Right, then that's at least 6 mil :P

C&CDean
4/28/2010, 08:58 AM
The reason Paddy can't kick is because y'all keep calling him "Patty."

gaylordfan1
4/28/2010, 09:02 AM
I will call him whatever he wants if he can make consistent FG's. Is everyone with me?

gaylordfan1
4/28/2010, 09:02 AM
Dean, make the call.... find out what he wants his nickname to be. :D

badger
4/28/2010, 09:21 AM
The reason Paddy can't kick is because y'all keep calling him "Patty."

Why don't you ask him which name he prefers?
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wBSQizkawzQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wBSQizkawzQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Of course, he might have changed his cell number by now :P