PDA

View Full Version : Will they call this a hate crime?

SoonerNate
4/25/2010, 10:28 PM
Why or why not?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1268474/White-supremacist-stabbed-beaten-death-black-neighbour-Mississippi-town.html

Ardmore_Sooner
4/25/2010, 10:31 PM
That Playboy bunny tattoo on his face is HOTT!

Curly Bill
4/25/2010, 10:41 PM
Nope, not a hate crime when done to whitey.

GKeeper316
4/25/2010, 11:59 PM
Nope, not a hate crime when done to whitey.

aint that a bitch?

its not ok for white folks to be mean to anybody thats a different color, but those same differently colored folks can be as mean as they want to ol whitey and its called racial pride.

yermom
4/26/2010, 12:07 AM
there is a difference between killing a guy because he's an ******* and killing a guy because he's white

SicEmBaylor
4/26/2010, 12:30 AM
Racist or not, look at their pics and tell me which one you'd rather have living next door.

....that's what I thought.

GKeeper316
4/26/2010, 12:43 AM
there is a difference between killing a guy because he's an ******* and killing a guy because he's white

but if a white guy kills a black guy, who's also an *******, its a hate crime.

Leroy Lizard
4/26/2010, 02:07 AM

The man was killed because of his views on race. That sounds like a hate crime.

lexsooner
4/26/2010, 07:21 AM
How do you know the killing did not arise from a fight over who is a bigger loser?

If I recall correctly, the stats on hate crimes shows blacks commit their share. It's not an exclusive club.

yermom
4/26/2010, 08:38 AM

something tells me that's not a law in the books

StoopTroup
4/26/2010, 08:50 AM
Racist or not, look at their pics and tell me which one you'd rather have living next door.

....that's what I thought.

I don't know about any of that but them ternaders followed you across the Country. I'd get to Church young man. ;)

Ike
4/26/2010, 10:11 AM

Based only on the info in the article, this is not necessarily true. He could have been killed because he stiffed the killer on payment for yard work. The article doesn't really give any discovered motive for the killing...If so though (that he was killed for something as trivial as stiffing the guy on yardwork), the amount of force used seems quite excessive for such a trivial thing, and the murderer definitely could be considered a further threat from society, and should therefore be removed from it.

SicEmBaylor
4/26/2010, 12:03 PM
I don't know about any of that but them ternaders followed you across the Country. I'd get to Church young man. ;)

God's aim sucks. He missed me.

SoonerNate
4/26/2010, 02:42 PM
Based only on the info in the article, this is not necessarily true. He could have been killed because he stiffed the killer on payment for yard work. The article doesn't really give any discovered motive for the killing...If so though (that he was killed for something as trivial as stiffing the guy on yardwork), the amount of force used seems quite excessive for such a trivial thing, and the murderer definitely could be considered a further threat from society, and should therefore be removed from it.

While I agree with you can you imagine if the roles were reversed and victim was a Black Panther? You know that the media would be immediately running with the story as being a hate crime.

Leroy Lizard
4/26/2010, 09:36 PM
something tells me that's not a law in the books

I'm not sure what the legal definition of a hate crime constitutes, but it appears that the man killed another out of hatred. I would think that makes it a hate crime. Silly me.

Curly Bill
4/26/2010, 09:38 PM
I killed a guy once, but I didn't hate him.

That's why I'm here today to enthrall you clowns with my rapist whit. :D

Leroy Lizard
4/26/2010, 09:38 PM
Based only on the info in the article, this is not necessarily true. He could have been killed because he stiffed the killer on payment for yard work. The article doesn't really give any discovered motive for the killing...If so though (that he was killed for something as trivial as stiffing the guy on yardwork),...

But that is true for nearly all these hate crimes. It is really outside the realm of possibility that some other reason could have initiated the violence in the vast majority of these crimes?

soonerinkaty
4/26/2010, 09:39 PM
There is a saying...

If your black and proud, its called pride.
Hispanic and proud its called culture.
White and proud its called racism.

Curly Bill
4/26/2010, 09:43 PM
There is a saying...

Yup, spek on that.

Leroy Lizard
4/26/2010, 09:44 PM
There is a saying...

Yep.

And pretty undeniable too.

JLEW1818
4/26/2010, 09:45 PM
hate crime.... lol what an excuse. about as lame as affirmative action.

Bill Cosby, darker than night. Hates affirmative action.

look how successful he is.

SicEmBaylor
4/26/2010, 11:21 PM
hate crime.... lol what an excuse. about as lame as affirmative action.

Bill Cosby, darker than night. Hates affirmative action.

look how successful he is.

He was blaaaaaack as the night. Louise was whiter than white. Danger danger when you taste brown sugar, Louise fell in love over night!

Ike
4/26/2010, 11:27 PM
While I agree with you can you imagine if the roles were reversed and victim was a Black Panther? You know that the media would be immediately running with the story as being a hate crime.

Which is why we don't try crimes in the media. Of course they would. And of course Fox News, and maybe a few others, are probably running with this story as a hate crime story. It's stupid. If the prosecutors think there is enough evidence to call it a hate crime, let them bring forth that charge. If they don't, let them bring forth another charge. As far as actually getting facts straight, the media in this country have a worse record than politicians.

Crucifax Autumn
4/27/2010, 04:06 AM
You friggin' Okies always tryin' to keep us brothers down is getting old!

My Opinion Matters
4/27/2010, 09:38 AM
As a middle-class white man it always amuses me that other middle-class white men are so eager for martyrdom.

lexsooner
4/27/2010, 10:22 AM
As a middle-class white man it always amuses me that other middle-class white men are so eager for martyrdom.

Now days, every group claims to be a victim, white, country whites, minorities, rich, poor, middle class, male, female, gay, straight, etc. And every group accuses other groups of claiming victimhood.

For those middle class white guys feeling victimed these days by the existence of hate crime laws, I looked at the FBI crime statistics on hate crimes, and around 20 percent of these crimes were perpetrated by blacks against other groups. Blacks comprise only about half of that percentage in terms of overall U.S. population, so that means blacks commit a disproportionate amount of hate crimes in the U.S. These statistics suggest hate crime laws in their application protect all groups, including whites who are victimed by blacks because of race.